Worrying signs of age at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Age is fine, conditioning might be a different story?  Mind you it was 36 out west today, we didn't have the seabreeze to help out...  :p

it would seem that not much has improved in the fitness stakes, it seems we need more than 20 headstart for 2nd half  ;)

ahh, thought I'd lighten up the mood on here, now, imagine that official site now, hope Bailey doesn't log on there  :(

I think we lost out in the final 30 minutes as we lost some more experienced or olders players. 

Garts, Hodko needs to learn to get in there and steer us around more. We lacked direction, and without Jamie, that should have come from Trent. He got a bit of a minus from me tonight, but these types of games are the best learning wise.

And seriously, if we buy Ox, and let Hodko go, I'd seriously have to question what is happening in Lowey's melon.

Ryan link said:
Garts, Hodko needs to learn to get in there and steer us around more. We lacked direction, and without Jamie, that should have come from Trent. He got a bit of a minus from me tonight, but these types of games are the best learning wise.

And seriously, if we buy Ox, and let Hodko go, I'd seriously have to question what is happening in Lowey's melon.

Agree.  We had a inexperienced side and it showed, our ending was nothing to do with old legs being out there. 

Anyone who agrees to sign Orford over Hodko is nuts. Orford was great for us but that time has passed. 

I don't think we will 'let' Hodko go Ryan, but the Bulldogs may take him from us if we can't compete with their offer

Is a tough one, but a great position for him, in all reality, at the moment he would be maybe a 175-200k sort of player, and the Dogs sound like they are throwing 300k+ at him, will be hard for us with our squad to compete with that

Most players are saying they are desperate to remain here, so hopefully the culture is a drawcard....look at Foran...you think of all the reasons he could have gone to The Roosters:-
+ Family working there;
+ Money probably;
+ Best mate there.

I think grounded guys like Lyon, G Stewart, Kite and co. make this place a very attractive place to be.

I agree 100% Ryan, Des has something special set up here, but I suppose we will always have blokes like JWH where the money is too much of a drawcard. Matai is desperate to stay so I hope that we can find enough money for him here that he can get somewhere close to his worth while staying loyal

George told me all the players want to stay at Manly because Des lets them eat whatever they like.

LoL SER8
Kiwi..I think it's really important that we re-sign Matai. He's obviously very demographically proud (a rare thing in Kiwi's out of their own country), and he's obviously very loyal.

He's creating a positive perception of our club for other perspective Kiwi players. THAT'S the main reason we need him around. That, and he's a gun.

It's disappointing, because this season promised so much for the young kid (and he IS young). I thought SOO was not so far off for the bloke. He's another season behind now.

Thought I'd grab a couple of gems from earlier in the year, we need to have a laugh at present, otherwise our form will spoil our weekend. How quick our opinions change!

Kiwi Eagle: lol, 1 over 30 and we are an old side Darren ? Most of the squad have a good 4-5 years left in them at least at a good level. I don't think we will 'let' Hodko go Ryan, Is a tough one, in all reality, at the moment he would be maybe a 175-200k sort of player! I agree 100% Ryan, Des has something special set up here!
Garts: We are not an old side: Age has nothing to do with it.
Ryan: And seriously, if we buy Ox, and let Hodko go, I'd seriously have to question what is happening in Lowey's melon.

Ain't much special at present, bet most people would take Ox back, Hodko has really dropped off. Hang in there, we may come good. 200 grand for Hodko, how about we take a nought off  :D

I still stand by most of that as well Darren, aside from Hodkinson's value

Is quite easy for you to toss this back up after a poor loss, I noticed you weren't to keen to throw it up after we were running 2nd for a majority of the year.

The year is not over, throw this up at the end of the season and we can discuss it properly, this one is no where near over yet

I could get petty and go back and find your old Aaron Groome topics, but that would be pointless :)

ahh Groomy!! KE, what a shocker, a few of us use to sit there watching him rip up in junior matches and go beauty, a gun half coming thru and now, 2nd division England. I know it's been mentioned to put in DCE etc but with it half way thru July, chucking in the kids won't be the best option. DCE, Lussick need to start fresh in 2011.

I got howled down after a few weeks for still being a fan of Lyon 6 and Foran 7, and tbh I would be extremely happy if we went that way right now and gave Whare more exposure to the top grade

Lussick is the one I am waiting on. In every 20s game i saw last season he impressed me more than JWH did. DCE, I never really saw it in him, but maybe playing with the big boys has lifted his level

Over here, you may have heard of the Warriors young gun, Shaun Johnson. he looks a red hot talent, and they have now pulled him out of Under 20s and put him into the NSW Cup side to get him physically used to playing against men and adding to his game

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6