World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fro agree that in Oz it will struggle to overtake the other codes

Why?

Well here you see the best NRL/ AFL (and maybe Rugby)

The best football / players are not in oz

Spot on Lsz, and with sporting dollars hard to come by in a small market people want to see the best.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=186076.msg309238#msg309238 date=1292188860]
Elighten me pontyann...
Look without being disrespectful fro but the media & yourselves snub of soccer in this country is propably why we didn't get the world cup.
[/quote]

What rubbish Pontian.
We didn't shower the delegates and their families with expensive gifts.
hat's what brought our bid undone. We were never going to be able to compete on the corruption field. We haven't had enough practice at such high levels.

lsz link said:
Arguing about the name of the game does not detract from it being one of the few global games
  It's not a global game, it is sadly lacking in the three most important and largest markets (see above).  FIFA and FA propogada to suggest it is.

MLS attendance is over 16k per match

Again for a inferrior product - also the television ratings world wide are huge...

lsz link said:
MLS attendance is over 16k per match

Again for a inferrior product - also the television ratings world wide are huge...
  Wow, and when was the last time you saw an NFL Stadium containing 60k not sold out?  College Football draws much bigger crowds than soccer. 

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
You are talking about an inferior product in the US (the best quality is elsewhere) that is still a respectible figure.
Your argument was that football was not a global game as it did not penetrate key markets including the US. This is not the case....

Suggesting soccer has penetrated the US market is akin to suggesting Shane Warne impregnated the nurse he used to send text messages to. 

It ranks well down the pecking order behind baseball, gridiron and basketball.  Soon it will languish behind Rugby Union there too, as at least rugby is closer aligned to a code that makes American excited.

In India soccer is invisible behind cricket.  In China even table tenniss and badminton are bigger! 

yawn (again)

to save myself the pain i am going to agree to disagree on this one

of course he's going to keep fishing while you keep biting :)

If you are smart enough to work out what he's doing, you shouldn't be dumb enough to fall for it over and over :)

he is the Rex hunt (pre controversy days) of silvertails...the master fisherman

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4