World Cup qualifiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HK

Visit www.sportsnews.com.au for the number one previews of this great sporting series! Go you Socceroos!

It showed everything that is wrong with Soccer.

The Australian side completely disinterested in scroing and just trying to minimise the scoree against them.

I'm sure we'll see the same negative bull**** from the Dagos later this week.

Why would you bother?

If they are good enough to be in the world cup then they will beat them on Wednesday. If not then it is back to the wilderness for the next 4 years.

Maybe they can ask Eddie jones to coach them. he can't coach the wallabies so maybe soccer is his go.

Uruguay has far more pedigree and a much better side than the Australians. And is Kewell the only non-wog in the side?

run through the squad and find me a good aussie name in there!!

I don't see a john smith amongst any of them. Maybe if we used proper aussies we'd get in :blaugh:

run through the squad and find me a good aussie name in there!!

I don't see a john smith amongst any of them. Maybe if we used proper aussies we'd get in :blaugh:

The Australians are all playing real games like League.

Uruguay has far more pedigree and a much better side than the Australians. And is Kewell the only non-wog in the side?

Uruguay has won the World Cup twice where as we have only qualified once.

I would like to know how we actually qualified in 1974?

Lucas Neill is a fair dinkum aussie and a northern beaches boy to boot.

Very true. Lets hope they win on the sydney game.

Why do Australia have to win 2-0 to get in?

Why not 1-0 then a penalty shoot out?

I would like to know how we actually qualified in 1974?
I'm pretty sure that the qualification process involved Rhodesia and Isreal, both of which were international pariahs at the time, so there could well have been a bit of pressure on the referees (if you know what I mean).

Well you can almost guarantee that we will qualify for most world cups going forward. Asia gets 4 spots compared to Oceanias 1/2 spot.

That assumes that we'll be amongst the Top 4 sides in Asia. This may not be the walk in the park that you assume.

Especially seeing as the Euro clubs will continue to play silly buggers with the release of players and we'll have a lot more qualifiers to play.

Matas so what if we played Rhodesia and israel back in the day? we were up against such titans as Solomon Islands and Tahiti this time, you can only play who they are drawn against.

Rhodesia had a very good side and nearly won but there were some (how shall we say it) controversial decisions made?

I think 1 spot out of 4 in Asia would be a lot easier than playing teams like Uruguay, Brazil and the likes. Who are the Asian qualifiers for 2006 does anyone know?

Lucas Neil is a pommie, as soon as he opens his mouth its blindingly obvious.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Lucas Neill (born March 9, 1978 in Sydney, Australia) is an Australian football player who currently plays for Blackburn Rovers F.C. most often at right-back. He was a member of the national squad at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney.

Neill joined Blackburn from Millwall F.C. in September 2001, having initially played at the Australian Institute of Sport. Neill played 170 games for Millwall in total and played his first game for Blackburn on September 8 against Sunderland A.F.C., and scored his first Blackburn goal on September 19 against Bolton Wanderers F.C.

He is combative and skillful. However, his aggressiveness has seen him booked and sent off regularly each season.

[quote author=Fro]
Lucas Neil is a pommie, as soon as he opens his mouth its blindingly obvious.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Lucas Neill (born March 9, 1978 in Sydney, Australia) is an Australian football player who currently plays for Blackburn Rovers F.C. most often at right-back. He was a member of the national squad at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney.

Neill joined Blackburn from Millwall F.C. in September 2001, having initially played at the Australian Institute of Sport. Neill played 170 games for Millwall in total and played his first game for Blackburn on September 8 against Sunderland A.F.C., and scored his first Blackburn goal on September 19 against Bolton Wanderers F.C.

He is combative and skillful. However, his aggressiveness has seen him booked and sent off regularly each season.

[/quote]

Pete I wasnt referring to where he was born.

Most of the rest of the team is also Australian, but as they dont have anglo sounding names they have already been labelled "wogs",

By that reckoning he and Kewell are poms, if the rest are "wogs"

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4