World Cup Nines Draw ....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I guess it’s about entertainment but really it’s Mickey Mouse football isn’t it???

I was never much of a fan of the 7’s in their day and this is only marginally different.

Agree .... Pongo was a flop .... another player I was disappointed with was Nickle Cock-Starter ... nowhere near as dynamic as club form ...

... and hate to say it .... Moses easiliy MVP .....
I reckon that Moses has jumped the myth that is Cleary for SOO half.

If Parra get a hooker and 5/8 then their spine will get them to a GF soon :eek:

Why wasn't this tournament on a free-to-air channel where it would have the largest viewing audience? The NRL doesn't seem interested in spreading the sport, just taking money from pay-TV and gambling services.

IMG_20191020_104118.jpg

Quite an element of touch footy style play but thought that all of the matches that i watched were really good value. Some great athletic and skill level on display and despite that dodgy ref call in the final , combined with the ladies teams giving a good account of themselves, seemed a real entertaining and successful event. Certainly a good promotion for the woman "s. game .

I reckon that Moses has jumped the myth that is Cleary for SOO half.

If Parra get a hooker and 5/8 then their spine will get them to a GF soon :eek:
Noooooooooooo!
Unfortunately though a title for parra seems to be in Todd's plans.

I guess it’s about entertainment but really it’s Mickey Mouse football isn’t it???

I was never much of a fan of the 7’s in their day and this is only marginally different.
That's the way Chez, show fifita some sneaky love!

I didn't mind the tourney despite what some cranky old ****s are carrying on with because their better half has hidden their fishing rods. lol

Careful Mark .... you know I am the official grumpy old bastard ....

A positive from the tournament is that with the standout performance of Moses, things are looking good for NSW next year in the halves - Cleary, Keary, Moses & Wighton :)

It's a long time until the season starts again so I'll be watching. I'm also expecting the top teams (at least Aus and NZ) not to take it too seriously and the format to open things up for some of the less expected countries (Come on Wales at $81!).
Should also be a good opportunity to spot some future NRL speedsters:

Thanks for posting the video. I read about him before the 9’s kicked off.

His running style looks identical to Matt Dufty from the Dragons

It’s a shame we didn’t get to see him run the length of the field but perhaps he only gets as involved at Scott Donald did for us.
Good finisher

A positive from the tournament is that with the standout performance of Moses, things are looking good for NSW next year in the halves - Cleary, Keary, Moses & Wighton :)

At this stage I hope Keary or Whighton can fill the big shoes left by Jimmy Maloney

Unless we get injuries I think Freddy will likely go with Keary-Cleary and Whighton will have to deputise elsewhere in the 17

At this stage I hope Keary or Whighton can fill the big shoes left by Jimmy Maloney

Unless we get injuries I think Freddy will likely go with Keary-Cleary and Whighton will have to deputise elsewhere in the 17
JW is a centre and Fergie should be retired from SOO :nod:

• 👍
Reactions: R3
JW is a centre and Fergie should be retired from SOO :nod:

After pulling out of the Roos team surely Fergie has shown his commitment is with the slime and Freddy doesn’t need players like that for the blues.
Whighton is versatile and can play anywhere in the backline.
Keary needs to stay injury free and the 6 jersey is his to lose

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4