Woods in LA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I must say that sending Woods to LA as our player representative, even though he is unlikely to feature in the game, it was an inspired decision by the club.

Woods has had more media coverage than any other player over there and has featured in more interviews and media pics and stories than any other player rep there. Sponsors will be loving it.

Well done Woodsy.

The other three seem incredibly shy and dull when the cameras are on them. Woodsie looks like he was born for it, and there's no loss in him missing some pre-season training. Very inspired decision. Out of the four he also seems to match that American view of an 'Australian' pretty well too.

If he keeps it up maybe we'll see some good support for our boys against the vermin and hopefully turn the stadium into a home ground support.

I'm guessing with Lodge, Sipley, Aloiai and others to miss the start of the season, Woods is already a mainstay? Looks like Waddell & Condon may even get a shot.

Who do we face in the first 5 rounds anyway? Rabbits, Panthers, Roosters, Eels and Dragons - lovely.

I'm guessing with Lodge, Sipley, Aloiai and others to miss the start of the season, Woods is already a mainstay? Looks like Waddell & Condon may even get a shot.

Who do we face in the first 5 rounds anyway? Rabbits, Panthers, Roosters, Eels and Dragons - lovely.
Aloiai isn't missing the start of the season, he's back to training. They said Sipley might even be back for Vegas. Paseka is alright too. Woods is far down the pecking order, likely goes something like: Jake, Lodge, Paseka, Sipley, Aloiai, Waddell (moving Jake up front), Brown, Aitasi James, Woods and then Condon. I don't think we'll see much of him.

Waddell and Condon maybe, but I think Woods - because he is on a train and trial deal - isn't able to play until round 11 anyway. Can somebody with a better understanding of NRL rules and regulations confirm that?

Aloiai isn't missing the start of the season, he's back to training. They said Sipley might even be back for Vegas. Paseka is alright too. Woods is far down the pecking order, likely goes something like: Jake, Lodge, Paseka, Sipley, Aloiai, Waddell (moving Jake up front), Brown, Aitasi James, Woods and then Condon. I don't think we'll see much of him.
Don't forget Bullemor. Provided no more injuries, Rd1 middles should see Jake, Nella, Aloiai, Bullemor, and if Toff is not right, could be Waddell/James

It was pretty much a no brainer for me…. Woods has a ton of nrl experience at every level, is a character, has had plenty of media training and can speak well, but most importantly, isn’t in our top squad so the team loses nothing by sending him…
Much rather him go then someone like Jake who would miss a whole chunk of team training and combination building

disgusted face GIF

It was pretty much a no brainer for me…. Woods has a ton of nrl experience at every level, is a character, has had plenty of media training and can speak well, but most importantly, isn’t in our top squad so the team loses nothing by sending him…
Much rather him go then someone like Jake who would miss a whole chunk of team training and combination building
Jake seems ‘really nice’, however he speaks far too fast for many Americans to understand what he is saying.

Woods’s vocal cadence is somewhat slower.

He is experienced in the media, has an engaging personality and swagger. The right guy for the job.
Credit where its due feathered friend
He does have an engaging personality swagger
and his proper job that does him justice is in the Media and not in the Manly Playing Roster

The moral of the story ...
There is a Time and a place for every one
and the Slow Low Impact Woods Time as an NRL player was over years ago
When he was released by both Cronulla and the Dragons
1703037724762.png

Last edited:
I personally think woods has been a solid buy for us. He’s a good bloke. Loves the club. Brings experience. And as far as on field performances go I thought he was okay last year which is really all you ask for from a player rounding out your top thirty. I think he’s the perfect fella to send across the pond too as he’s approachable and keen! And let’s be real the promotional activities in the states are pretty cringey. You aren’t gonna get a young star player who will readily step into that environment unabashedly.

I personally think woods has been a solid buy for us. He’s a good bloke. Loves the club. Brings experience. And as far as on field performances go I thought he was okay last year which is really all you ask for from a player rounding out your top thirty. I think he’s the perfect fella to send across the pond too as he’s approachable and keen! And let’s be real the promotional activities in the states are pretty cringey. You aren’t gonna get a young star player who will readily step into that environment unabashedly.
Yes there's other reasons to bring someone to your club than purely onfield performance but that's lost in most posters here

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8