Woods, Dugan & Johnson…

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Where are gaps in our team for next year? We almost have too many as it is?

01. Tom Trbojevic / Tolutau Koula
02. Jason Saab / Christian Tuipulotu
03. Morgan Harper / Brad Parker
04. Dylan Walker / Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick / Tevita Funa
06. Kieran Foran / Kaeo Weekes
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau / Toafofoa Sipley
09. Manase Fainu / Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Schuster / Jack Gosiewski
12. Haumole Olakau'atu / Andrew Davey
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton / Cade Cust
15. Josh Aloiai / Zac Saddler
16. Sean Keppie / Sione Fainu / Alec Tuitavake
17. Curtis Sironen / Ben Trbojevic

Then some emerging players like Jamie Humphreys.

Honestly almost have two squads. I'd be very surprised of we signed anyone outside of our current squad and juniors, and rightfully so.
I think we could trim the fat and bring in a decent top player like Capewell (sorry I’m harping on, mentioned it many times).

Having players like Gosiewski, Boyle, and then 4 centre options (dylan, parkwr, harper, suli) doesn’t really make sense, especially with Koula coming through.

Now that Haumole, Saddler etc have all had some game time I think they step up and we let the blokes with less potential go (ala Gosiewski, Boyle, one of the centres). With the development squad players (tuitivake, saddler, weekes) all coming in to take a pro spot contract, and evening it out with a seasoned top quality player who is around 500k would be great. Then I feel we have the squad to compete (if manase is back)

I think Johnson still has a lot to offer but makes no sense given our depth of halves; DCE speaks for himself, Schuster is doing everything to take his #6 jersey, and Foran still has some to offer with his experience. Cust and Weekes as well.

All depends who leaves and goes, only area I can really see an upgrade is 2row. And then if Garrick or Taupau end up leaving we’ll have to fill there spots with some quality players.

I think we could trim the fat and bring in a decent top player like Capewell (sorry I’m harping on, mentioned it many times).

Having players like Gosiewski, Boyle, and then 4 centre options (dylan, parkwr, harper, suli) doesn’t really make sense, especially with Koula coming through.

Now that Haumole, Saddler etc have all had some game time I think they step up and we let the blokes with less potential go (ala Gosiewski, Boyle, one of the centres). With the development squad players (tuitivake, saddler, weekes) all coming in to take a pro spot contract, and evening it out with a seasoned top quality player who is around 500k would be great. Then I feel we have the squad to compete (if manase is back)

I think Johnson still has a lot to offer but makes no sense given our depth of halves; DCE speaks for himself, Schuster is doing everything to take his #6 jersey, and Foran still has some to offer with his experience. Cust and Weekes as well.

All depends who leaves and goes, only area I can really see an upgrade is 2row. And then if Garrick or Taupau end up leaving we’ll have to fill there spots with some quality players.

Honestly, I'd look at acquiring Edrick Lee (injured this season) cheap from The Knights. He has very similar traits play style wise to Jason Saab, just needs to remain fit.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Edrick Lee
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

This would mean releasing: Suli, Taufua, Funa & Garrick (but I keep Parker for depth). Tuipulotu and Koula the other depth.

Looks so, so nasty. I remember Walker with Garrick & Uate at times tore the opposition apart. Don't let Garrick dictate contracts. There are many different options on the market this off season.

The above leaves Foz and DCE options either side to put high kicks up to. Blistering speed on both wings. Both can defend. Edrick Lee was being selected for QLD origin remember. Only 28. 60 odd tries in 110 odd games.

Looks good in the maroon and white:
1622859152663.png

I recall reading the article where Woods was an avid Manly fan before he started playing with Tigers, can see him getting some energy back playing for us (at right price). Could have a good 2-3 years in him and play a leadership role for the younger forwards coming through.

He loved Cliffy Lyons and Nik Kosef growing up. He had his chance to come to manly earlier on but we landed taupau instead. Woodsy is a great character but feel the quicker version of the game has passed him

Where are gaps in our team for next year? We almost have too many as it is?

01. Tom Trbojevic / Tolutau Koula
02. Jason Saab / Christian Tuipulotu
03. Morgan Harper / Brad Parker
04. Dylan Walker / Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick / Tevita Funa
06. Kieran Foran / Kaeo Weekes
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau / Toafofoa Sipley
09. Manase Fainu / Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Schuster / Jack Gosiewski
12. Haumole Olakau'atu / Andrew Davey
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton / Cade Cust
15. Josh Aloiai / Zac Saddler
16. Sean Keppie / Sione Fainu / Alec Tuitavake
17. Curtis Sironen / Ben Trbojevic

Then some emerging players like Jamie Humphreys.

Honestly almost have two squads. I'd be very surprised of we signed anyone outside of our current squad and juniors, and rightfully so.
Still think we are short a quality second rower.

If Fainu goes down we need a starting hooker too

Still think we are short a quality second rower.

If Fainu goes down we need a starting hooker too

Honestly,

11. Josh Schuster
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

17. Curtis Sironen

Depth: Andrew Davey

Is as almost as good and deep as it gets mate.

Hooker wise: Manase Fainu, Karl Lawton

Depth: Lachlan Croker, Cade Cust

Just need to be fit, and there's depth abound.

Woods could have worked out well for us. 7 years ago when this article was written. We definitely don't need him now. We have a potentially great prop rotation if we can keep it as is. We have Taupau and Aloiai to provide leadership. Paseka, Keppie and Sipley already doing very well for us. Add Saddler, Fainu, Tuitavake etc. The last thing we need is to bring in ANY prop at the end of their career.
But it worked out so well with Nate the Plodder.. :)

Honestly,

11. Josh Schuster
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

17. Curtis Sironen

Depth: Andrew Davey

Is as almost as good and deep as it gets mate.

Hooker wise: Manase Fainu, Karl Lawton

Depth: Lachlan Croker, Cade Cust

Just need to be fit, and there's depth abound.
I'd have Schuster at 5/8. I'd also not re-sign Sirro if we could get an upgraded replacement.

Id then look at someone like Brodie Jones to fill Gosies squad space.

Hooker is fine if Fainu remains in play. If not I see us needing a starter

Just resigned Sipley ,then Paseka , Marty , Alioia keppie and ideally Saddler in the main squad for prop options for next season . Unless Keppie is being viewed as a future 2 n d rower going forward but personally prefer the Schuster - Haumole combo there for a while yet Really not sure what Woods would bring to the side in addition even on a budget deal . ]Maybe as a like for like for Boyle with a bit more outlay and on a short term deal but not too much more outlay . .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4