Woods, Dugan & Johnson…

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Boyle <---- Woods
Had a bit of a rethink on Woods. I actually don't mind this (Boyle <----- Woods) if Woods is on the same coin. We can't pay overs for any more forwards at the end of their use by date. One year with club option for second year.

Last edited:
All 3 told they’re surplus to requirement & can look elsewhere. Johnson linked to the Raiders…. the other 2???? Can visualise Woods in Maroon & White at the right price.
Thoughts???
Mate I am totally with you - at the right price...

Has been playing some excellent footy in a TERRIBLE side... put him in a forward rotation like ours and look out... I can totally see Aaron popping the offload out the back for Croker to seal the GF victory...

I recall reading the article where Woods was an avid Manly fan before he started playing with Tigers, can see him getting some energy back playing for us (at right price). Could have a good 2-3 years in him and play a leadership role for the younger forwards coming through.

I as well as most people on this forum are avid Manly fans, unfortunately that doesn’t mean any of us, including Sharon would be any good. Sharon is a serious plodmeister

The name Aaron is a fairly large clue - one might say it reveals all.
Aaron - Sharon - it even rhymes.
Karen would also work. Karen-Aaron-Sharon. Ironically, Aaron has also played like a "Kat" at various times in his career. Though his one-finger salute to the QLD crowd during Origin a few years was very appropriate, considering the location. @:cool:

We don't want a player who looks and plays like Chumley from pawn stars

1622765713750.png

1622765784245.png

Johnson - no
Dugan - no
Woods - I would have said no... but then I remembered that we won a premiership with a 33 year old Joe Galuvao.

Woods might be a decent bench option if he was on the cheap. But I think we're paying our starting prop and lock $1.7m between them next year so we won't have much room to move for new signings.

Where are gaps in our team for next year? We almost have too many as it is?

01. Tom Trbojevic / Tolutau Koula
02. Jason Saab / Christian Tuipulotu
03. Morgan Harper / Brad Parker
04. Dylan Walker / Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick / Tevita Funa
06. Kieran Foran / Kaeo Weekes
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau / Toafofoa Sipley
09. Manase Fainu / Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Schuster / Jack Gosiewski
12. Haumole Olakau'atu / Andrew Davey
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton / Cade Cust
15. Josh Aloiai / Zac Saddler
16. Sean Keppie / Sione Fainu / Alec Tuitavake
17. Curtis Sironen / Ben Trbojevic

Then some emerging players like Jamie Humphreys.

Honestly almost have two squads. I'd be very surprised of we signed anyone outside of our current squad and juniors, and rightfully so.

Yeah .. Nah ... All 3 have played good footy at times in their careers .. but all have been iffy and inconsistent for the past 2 years ... could see them get up for a short time at a new club, but doubt they could maintain it ... too many exciting young talents coming through to gamble on yesterday's heros ..

Yeah .. Nah ... All 3 have played good footy at times in their careers .. but all have been iffy and inconsistent for the past 2 years ... could see them get up for a short time at a new club, but doubt they could maintain it ... too many exciting young talents coming through to gamble on yesterday's heros ..
Team I've written above mate

07. Daly Cherry-Evans
10. Taniela Paseka
13. Jake Trbojevic

Honestly almost have two squads. I'd be very surprised of we signed anyone outside of our current squad and juniors, and rightfully so.

Good stuff ... but I am still concerned that we don't have a recognised 2nd string fullback ... we are living in hope, and gambling, that either Walker, Garrick or Harper can fill in without our win % again dropping to under 20% ... I hope that one of them is up to the task ...

id put it down to more the culture at Sharks since Flanagans mess. I think Woods at the right price could see him find a good 2 years in him, definite bench impact.

07. Daly Cherry-Evans
10. Taniela Paseka
13. Jake Trbojevic

for a number of reasons i reckon 3-5 of those players wont be at manly next year

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4