Woods, Dugan & Johnson…

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
All 3 told they’re surplus to requirement & can look elsewhere. Johnson linked to the Raiders…. the other 2???? Can visualise Woods in Maroon & White at the right price.
Thoughts???

would that be match payments only?
come to think of it, thats the only way you would pay dugan also
He’s been playing well this year, an old head to lead our young ones with Marty & was a Manly supporter before joining the Tigers….I dunno mate just thinking about next years signings.

Johnson should still have some good footy ahead of him and the Raiders could be a good fit for him if he is not asking too much . Maybe a few seasons ago with Arron [ Woods ] but can "t see any appeal now with Manly "s current prop stocks . Not sure who would be interested in Josh [ Dugan ], probably can still play some decent footy but his contract value must be on the downward direction going forward .

None of these players are needed at Manly. I think Johnson would go well at Canberra or Souths and would be offered good money to play in the ESL. I don't know about the others - probably difficult for Dugan to get another NRL gig.

I recall reading the article where Woods was an avid Manly fan before he started playing with Tigers, can see him getting some energy back playing for us (at right price). Could have a good 2-3 years in him and play a leadership role for the younger forwards coming through.

I recall reading the article where Woods was an avid Manly fan before he started playing with Tigers, can see him getting some energy back playing for us (at right price). Could have a good 2-3 years in him and play a leadership role for the younger forwards coming through.

Woods could have worked out well for us. 7 years ago when this article was written. We definitely don't need him now. We have a potentially great prop rotation if we can keep it as is. We have Taupau and Aloiai to provide leadership. Paseka, Keppie and Sipley already doing very well for us. Add Saddler, Fainu, Tuitavake etc. The last thing we need is to bring in ANY prop at the end of their career.

Our forward stocks are looking very thin for the rest of the season so may be a good pick up for the rest of 2021. We can’t keep carrying 2 backs on the bench and with the new rules on suspension we need some depth.
Good point. I’d take him for the rest of the year, but no thanks moving forward. He’s beyond his best and has no consistency in his performance. I also don’t consider him a leader just because he’s been around a while

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4