Women’s Competition.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If the women's comp is self funding , then it's OK i suppose, but I doubt very much that it will be self sustaining, meaning a larger drain on the NRL and clubs also, all because Greenberg feels that he has to be politically correct all the time.

If the women's comp is self funding , then it's OK i suppose, but I doubt very much that it will be self sustaining, meaning a larger drain on the NRL and clubs also, all because Greenberg feels that he has to be politically correct all the time.
The AFL put up around 4 million for the women's league. I think that's around 1% of the current TV deal (per year)
I agree it shouldn't be rushed and trying to get it up for next year is wrong but it feels like people are putting it down before anything has happened.
And consider this: If soccer and AFL can keep up a women's league then those codes are far more appealing to girls and rugby league will lose a large piece of the potential fan base as a result.

Once you attract enough paying fans, take it to the networks and see if they want to pay for it. That's true equality.
It's not true equality when you have been told that you can't/shouldn't play league since its inception. It's taken over 100 years for men's league to get where it is today (f****d as it is) and we're not talking about giving 50% of the funds - its nowhere near that!

Where did I say 50%? And you have just proven my point - it took the men's game 100 years to get to this point, but women get a leg-up to the same position (a nationally funded, televised competition) in a couple of years, with zero runs on the board. But that's typical of today's "entitlement" generation. Where is the nationally televised men's netball comp?
They get a leg up because women have been systematically denied access to things that men have access and right to for generations :banghead:. It's about accepting that fact and trying to restore things to a level playing field so women can grow up with equal opportunities as men.
And don't get me started on netball!

If you were CEO, you would prioritise funding for a woman's comp over the myriad funding needs of the "mens" game - eg bush footy, surburban grounds, half the clubs broke or funded by the NRL, lower grades, etc etc? Greenturd has down zip since he's been in charge, but this obvious chance at virtue signalling he manages to get up and running at the speed of light.

The problem we have is that this should not be a either / or decision...the incompetence of the NRL has caused this to become a decision which needs to be taken at the expense of others

For mind the smarter decision is to invest the money into grass roots womens competition with a view to developing a stong base which will lead into a national competition. It is difficult to compare league to Football / cricket / AFL which have had embedded junior programs in play for a number of years

In all seriousness though, I can’t see our cash-strapped outfit having the resources to field a side, which is disappointing.

On a positive note however, it reduces the scope for ZtH to make any unfortunate ‘good sort’ remarks, in his remaining 3 or 4 decades with the club (says the man who just posted a sexist joke in this thread).

They get a leg up because women have been systematically denied access to things that men have access and right to for generations :banghead:. It's about accepting that fact and trying to restore things to a level playing field so women can grow up with equal opportunities as men.
And don't get me started on netball!
Level playing field? What a load of pc bs. Why is there such a need to politicise sport?? Let's demand a men's Olympic synchronised swimming team just so there can be equal opportunity and access for all...

Let's see how it goes, given the women's afl pillaged elite athletes from other sports I have no doubt the same will happen here. The six teams will be Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Nth qld, Newcastle, Sydney (swap out Canberra or. Ewcastle for a doggies side)

Just part of the undeclared and unofficial background war that is being waged [ must be a pun in there somewhere ] between the major footy codes of League , AFL , Union and Soccer at all levels. Can even see it very noticeably in my Nth Qld country region . All major codes even have permanent development officiers based in my area as well . probably applies to most of the country at present . Very competitive environment at the moment , definitely worth a try and just sees how it goes .

The other option I guess is to make all sports gender neutral ... ie not men’s or women’s golf just golf. Much fairer.

don,t know if there,s enough talent for a woman,s comp 5 yrs time maybe.............Greenburgs got a boner for the AFL ..wants to be just like em.....

I've enjoyed watching a couple of the women's games that have been on. It was like watching men's games from 15+ years ago when footballers played instead of athletes. They tackled instead of wrestling and the less professional aspect of it was a nice change to the overly structured borefest a lot of the men's games are now.
Not sure if there's a market for it but good luck to them.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10