Women’s Competition.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I watch sport as entertainment and the women’s games just aren’t up to it, skills wise. Speed, skill, collisions - about on par with average high school boys. No thanks.

If they bring in a women's version for me it will be a strategic plan to further soften our game and move towards a more PC contact version. League is all about 'Entertainment' now, no longer an elite sport

I think the boost in women's sport is great for young girls. If a little girl loves footy she can actually dream of growing up to play. Previously girls had to stop rugby league at aged 12. One day when I have grandchildren I'd love them to have every opportunity to play whatever sport they love.

Simply an act of virtue signalling by the NRL (Just as it was with the VFL), as well as following the leader (the VFL). Greenturd has absolutely no clue and is a disaster. I am seriously worried that he will leave the NRL in ruin, this guy has absolutely no clue.

I think it's great if women want to play league and wish the ladies the best but there is no way there is any demand for this competition. They'll get a bigger crowd down to lake park for an A grade sharkies game than this comp will attract, other than the 'first game' where all the tv reporters will be to say how awesome it was and see everybody breaking their necks patting themselves on the back.

The VFL is profitable enough to support these touchie feely side projects but the NRL is losing real supporters by the droves, losing TV ratings and has lower attendances year after year, and this will do nothing to improve things.
cares.gif

Greenturd is a total clown, he needs to go, and WTF is going on with the 'independent commission'? I haven't heard a peep out of that gaggle of dipsticks all season. Nobody wants to watch this, nobody.

I support women’s sport ... if a little girl wants to play footy then great! Big fan of women’s golf, tennis, cricket, surfing, soccer etc. Elyse Perry one of my favourite sports stars

I guess I'm a little disappointed at the ferocity of the attacks in women's sport here.
Oh well.
Have to agree....Did any of you watch the Women's WC final? It was far more entertaining than the men's (yes the rest of the games were rubbish). For me the idea that elite sports is the way forward is one of the things killing the game. Let's not forget it wasn't too long ago that the ARL was made up of semi pro players (who would smoke a pack a day easy). I thought it was great to see a team made up of different sized players with their own strengths and weaknesses. Yes there were far more errors and they didn't run as fast as the men but its about the competition not individual athletic prowess - it makes you want to go out and play footy - not just sit on the couch.

Have to agree....Did any of you watch the Women's WC final? It was far more entertaining than the men's (yes the rest of the games were rubbish). For me the idea that elite sports is the way forward is one of the things killing the game. Let's not forget it wasn't too long ago that the ARL was made up of semi pro players (who would smoke a pack a day easy). I thought it was great to see a team made up of different sized players with their own strengths and weaknesses. Yes there were far more errors and they didn't run as fast as the men but its about the competition not individual athletic prowess - it makes you want to go out and play footy - not just sit on the couch.
It depends on what value an individual places on their free time. If I wanted to spend it watching error prone un-athletic types there are plenty of options outside of more league.

More league of ANY kind is not the answer for the NRL. They need a more condensed schedule.

Outside of Manly games I struggle to watch any NRL. My interest in rugby league has waned significantly over the last 5 years so it doesn't surprise me that this does not interest me at all.

The other day I heard an interview with Ruan Sims (I think) about winning the Word Cup and other things. Whoever it was it sounded as if she was retiring and taking on an administrative role with the NRL. The subject of a women's competition was raised and she said she could see it happening in a few years. She said they wouldn't rush it because they wanted to "get it right". Almost 48 hours later it's announced that we'll have this comp up and running next season - WTF! This decision reeks of a knee jerk reaction and an attempt to grab a "feel good" headline to cover the other rubbish going on in the game.

Our game is truly fuceked at the moment.

Good luck to the girls and hope it succeeds.

I used to think the girls Cricket was a wank BUT when you watch it many of them have the same skills as the boys , just not the same power.

But it’s still entertaining.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8