• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hope I don't jinx him at the 11th hour, but it's been great to go through a season where Wolfie hasn't been struck down with some severe and bizarre injury.

Looking forward to him dining out on some more goodies from Lyon and Snake, but that catch-pirouette-put down at full speed the other day is going to be hard to top.

In a grand final, a stumble over the line from dummy half would top it. :D
It's true, in current form he is one of our aces.

Please don't jinx the man, I think that his reflective mood during the Team Song was about the last 2 year's of missing out on Finals Footy :angel:

Richie too, must be comforted by Wolfie's successful return from a neck fracture.
Fa'aoso said he was just happy to be walking and not in a wheelchair. He needs to keep his neck brace on for six weeks before starting intensive physiotherapy.

"I am very disappointed. But you can't dwell on that stuff," Fa'aoso said.

"I'm just grateful I'm involved with such a great club, such a great team. It meant a lot to be in the photo with them today. I'm excited for them.

- See more at: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/eagles-james-hasson-and-david-gower-in-battle-over-final-spot/story-fnca0von-1226730276599#sthash.E84jll40.dpuf

I was really disappointed for Wolfie, when he was not part of the Team Photo/GF Podium in 2011 - he broke his neck in Round 25, so was an integral part of the Team.:(

May all the Manly Players finish the year safe and happy :angel:

David Williams determined to win premiership after missing 2011 Grand Final through injury
JOSH MASSOUD THE DAILY TELEGRAPH OCTOBER 01, 2013

MOST players would break their neck to win a grand final.

David Williams has done both, and, despite the emotional and physical torment of the past three Septembers, he feels blessed ahead of Sunday’s decider.

Williams was the sobering subplot to Manly’s 2011 premiership, forced to sit-out the 24-10 victory over New Zealand with a broken neck he suffered in the season’s penultimate round.

He fought back to full fitness and was on track to atone last year — until an ACL injury struck on the eve of the finals.

But this season, with the help of a diet that’s seen him abandon alcohol and coffee in favour of raw food, the Sea Eagles winger has finally clawed back to the same stage that he so memorably dominated in 2008.

"I’ve had black cats pass me, looked in broken mirrors, walked under ladders ... you name it," Williams said.

"But I still think I’m pretty lucky, given what I’ve been able to do. To have these injuries and still be playing now, I think that’s more good than bad."

In Monday's team photo on Brookvale Oval, Williams was seated next to the stricken Richie Fa’aoso, who is now confined to a brace after breaking his neck on Friday night.

The charismatic flanker can empathise with his team mate all too well.

"I know what he’s going through and I know it’s not a good thing," Williams said.

"I just hope he can come back as quick as I did.

"But when it’s something as serious as a neck injury, it’s not about whether you can do this or do that.

"Rugby league plays second fiddle to that."

But for Williams, last year’s exile inflicted more pain that missing the 2011 decider.

"More than anything, 2012 was a pain in the arse," he said.

"You sit there and watch the grand final and see all the jubilation they are feeling and you want to be part of that.

"You get back the following year, try and do everything you can to get there, and come up with the same result.

"It was frustrating, so everything I’ve done this week has been aimed at putting me in the best shape of my career."

Despite the fact he made Australia’s 2008 World Cup team, The Wolfman maintains he is in better shape at present.

He credits a raw food diet designed by nutritionist Sea Carolan — the same figure who was last week implicated in reports about Roosters players returning blood tests with elevated hormone levels.

The coverage of Carolan’s business infuriated Williams, who has studiously followed the former boxer’s regimen for most of the season and also travelled into the city for additional training sessions at a CBD Fitness First.

"Sean is very good at what he does and everything is above board," Williams said.

"Raw food is raw food — it’s as simple as that.

"I’ll just put it straight — (the reports) are absolute bull****. He doesn’t deserve what he’s going through."

Like skipper Jamie Lyon, Williams is yet to formally ink a new deal at Manly. The Daily Telegraph understands the club is still juggling sums under the salary cap, but there is no danger the pair will be playing elsewhere in 2014.

It can also be revealed that Melbourne Storm was keen on signing Williams, although the 27-year-old was coy when asked about Craig Bellamy’s interest on Monday.

"Oh really? I didn’t know about that ... my manager (George Mimis) must not have told me. He can be a cheeky gremlin sometimes," Williams said.

"Everything is still in the works. Nothing is finalised yet, but I would love to stay. In the end it’s up to Manly, I’ve told them what I want to do."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/david-williams-determined-to-win-premiership-after-missing-2011-grand-final-through-injury/story-fni3fbgz-1226730256285 :)

What a great finish it was by Wolfie against lol@souffs.

He is having a good season. Let's hope he scores a few more on Sunday

Sounds like if Manly don't do a deal then he's off to Storm with Georgie. A pity the salary cap doesn't allow for off field value to a club. Wolf & George are real characters & help make following Manly an even greater joy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6