Wolfie in doo doo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi, I realize David might have been drowning his sorrows at not having the ball passed to him on Monday night, or he might have been lamenting his 'Merritt' moment coming in and letting them through to score. However, Kings Cross is Notorious for footballers, as we all know, and they should, and should be avoided. There are other places to drink and have a good time. I think the Johns haters on here are pointing to his lack of coaching ability more than his stupidity. I don't care if he has a few beers or lines or whatever, I'd like him to stay away from our players. I just don't see what he brings to the table.

DSM5 said:
For Wolfie to be at the Cross at 2am means that he would be in bed at 4am. No wonder his form has dropped alarmingly. No sleep.

He probably thought he'd pick up a local girl and be in bed well before 2am. Agree with you on the no sleep comment though.

Still the form slump has been last 6 weeks for the whole team? I hope the team recovers but it's starting to sound very very relaxed around our camp..

Don't know why people are blaming Johns. He is entitled to go out, as are all league players.

Why isn't the guy in the affray with Wolfie mentioned? Always blame the league stars. Johns and Horo did nothing wrong, yet the media name them.
I don't understand why people get upset when these guys go out. They, like us should be able to go and enjoy a night out.

SeaEagle007 said:
Still the form slump has been last 6 weeks for the whole team? I hope the team recovers but it's starting to sound very very relaxed around our camp..

The Storm lost 5 straight last year and were playing alot worse than we currently are. They were written off and look what happened. Were capable on something similar if it comes together later in the season.

The definition of affray posted above by HappilyManly is not the legal definition of affray in this state. For starters it does not require 'fighting'. If anyone's interested the definition is here

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s93c.html

Secondly, conduct that may otherwise amount to affray, or the lesser charge of offensive behaviour, is not an offence if it was in defence of yourself or another.

Williams has stated he will vigorously defend the charges. Police typically charge people with affray when they are not sure who started it. For that reason self-defence is frequently a successful defence to such a charge.

Frankly, David Williams is the last NRL player I can imagine being guilty, based on his character. My money is on Williams being cleared, and all those keen to trash him, or Johns and Horo for that matter, are showing a disappointing inability to learn from the recent past.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The definition of affray posted above by HappilyManly is not the legal definition of affray in this state. For starters it does not require 'fighting'. If anyone's interested the definition is here

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s93c.html

Secondly, conduct that may otherwise amount to affray, or the lesser charge of offensive behaviour, is not an offence if it was in defence of yourself or another.

Williams has stated he will vigorously defend the charges. Police typically charge people with affray when they are not sure who started it. For that reason self-defence is frequently a successful defence to such a charge.

Frankly, David Williams is the last NRL player I can imagine being guilty, based on his character. My money is on Williams being cleared, and all those keen to trash him, or Johns and Horo for that matter, are showing a disappointing inability to learn from the recent past.

Spot on Ser8 a little more balanced than Darren' constant negative dribble.

Walk outside a bar after an argument your followed and assaulted,as Tooves said a storm in a tea cup.Your allowed to defend yourself.

Call me old fashioned, but I still can't see the benefits to the club of having a couple of players and a coach hanging around up the Cross at 2 in the morning. Sure they're to have a social life but League players are targets for any stupid grub to hassle and this should be in the mind of any player. Toovs should take the opportunity to remind players of their club responsibilities, and punt Johns.

May 27th was the start of a 2 week bye for the Players - so their social life would not infringe on any contractual obligations. And yes, May 25th was a full moon :p

Wolfie's lady is a Solicitor, so he is in good hands and we should all relax.:angel:

This thread's title should be updated to 'Wolfmother' - the kiddie was just protecting his mate :)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7