Wolfie in doo doo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some of you lot are outstanding lol, Johns did nothing wrong, the only reason his name is in the article to get the reaction most of you are giving.

There are no laws against a bloke going out at night and he has been charged with nothing

Darren said:
yeah, more Johnsy magic? Never got why the Knights had nothing to do with him but maybe they knew something we don't. Let our excuses begin. How about it's The Telegraph setting him up or even better, Checcin took the photo lol

It worries me that you're in charge of teaching kids sometimes Darren

What a surprise some are jumping to conclusions based on very little in the article. I would be very surprised if the whole issue is not some pissed idiot having a dig at the boys and they eventually reacted.

So two footballers (one retired) who aren't charged get publicly named & arguably suffer public image damage.

The other man charged is not named by media at all & nor is his work industry or employer revealed.

Why be a NRL footballer?

I think the bigger picture is what's a high ranking member of the club out with younger guys at the Cross? There is obviously nothing wrong for some but when you have this small vicinity of alcohol and drugs all mixed in with the seedy side there can be implications.

Why Johnsy is there is hard to fathom but being an official he should not be out partying with the players at 2am during the season. Compare that to Foran who won't drink for the season and that's the committment we really need. Our recent win/loss ratio is our biggest problem as well.

Brissie Kid said:
Manly flyer David Williams will face court in August after being charged by police following an altercation outside a King’s Cross nightclub.

Police have confirmed that Williams was charged with offensive behaviour and affray following an investigation into an alleged assault in the early hours of Monday, May 27.

The investigation followed a complaint by a 29-year-old Rockdale man that he had been assaulted outside a club on Kellett St.

It has been alleged that the man who had made the complaint had been involved in an altercation with two other patrons after they were all ejected from the club.

It is understood that Williams’ teammate Justin Horo and Manly’s assistant coach Andrew Johns were also out on the night with Williams.

It is understood that Horo was also involved in the altercation but he was the victim.

There is no suggestion that either Horo or Johns have done anything wrong.

Williams was issued with the court attendance notice stating the charges yesterday and he will appear in court on August 13.

The Rockdale man has also been charged.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/manly-sea-eagles-winger-david-williams-to-face-court-for-incident-outside-kings-cross-nightclub/story-fn2mcuj6-1226673595873#.UdN3MDtHLIc

So they name the three footy players but not the "Rockdale man".
He made the complaint but was also charged.

How many other Joe Public's are charged with offensive behaviour and affray on any given night in this fair city of ours?

Offensive behaviour and affray is probably a bit of yelling, swearing and carry on as some pissed blokes do. Cops get called and charge them as that is what they do.

As we all know, being charged and being guilty are two different things.

A non story in my opinion, a few guys on the turps and bit of argy bargy that only generates news as there are a few NRL stars involved.

The new NRL PC unit will get involved and it will generate more bad press for "their code" where as if they just let it slide ala AFL most people wouldn't know or care.

Darren said:
I think the bigger picture is what's a high ranking member of the club out with younger guys at the Cross? There is obviously nothing wrong for some but when you have this small vicinity of alcohol and drugs all mixed in with the seedy side there can be implications.

Why Johnsy is there is hard to fathom but being an official he should not be out partying with the players at 2am during the season. Compare that to Foran who won't drink for the season and that's the committment we really need. Our recent win/loss ratio is our biggest problem as well.

Maybe Joey was showing the boys how to run a good line.:p

Darren said:

Jeez Darren, a few long bows there.
High ranking member of the club? = assistant coach
Younger guys at the Cross? = Wolfy and Horo aren't exactly spring chickens, they've been around a bit.
Partying at 2am? = it was a weekend off and who said they were partying.

Maybe it all stems from the board as we are led to believe that they engage in offensive behaviour and affray at most meetings.

Yep, the board should be role models for all our staff, blame them I say.

"The club has today been made aware of charges laid against Sea Eagles player David Williams," Manly said in a statement.

"The NRL Integrity Unit has been advised of the matter and Manly will also conduct its own internal inquiries.

"David denies any wrongdoing and will vigorously defend the charges.

"The club will not be making further comment at this time."

The police investigation followed a complaint by a 29-year-old Rockdale man that he had been assaulted.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-star-david-williams-charged-with-offensive-behaviour-and-affray-following-incident-in-kings-cross/story-fndv31ch-1226673595442

So that's the statement from the employer of one of the men charged with affray.

Do tell where I can find the statement from the employer of the "Rockdale man"? I would also like their industry Integrity Unit to investigate.

Simple
1. He did not molest a woman at a bar.
2. Did not try to fish off a boat on a trailer at 2am whilst intoxicated and cause a disturbance.
3. Did not use a stop sign to do smash repairs on a car.
4. Did not alledgedly hit a woman at the residence of another player.
Did however stand up for a mate against an intoxicated idiot already in trouble that night supposedly and gets named whilst the moron didn't. I stand behind Wolfy, Horo & Johns. Unless he is proven guilty he deserves and should get the Full support of teh Club & the Fans i have no doubt.

I would have thought Johns might be at home at 2am, rather than hanging about the Cross with a couple of younger guys. Why can't they all just go to Choc's place and play cards all night long, or has he grown up. Darren, dont they teach the old adage any more, ''early to bed, early to rise, makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise'. For Wolfie to be at the Cross at 2am means that he would be in bed at 4am. No wonder his form has dropped alarmingly. No sleep.

DSM5 said:
I would have thought Johns might be at home at 2am, rather than hanging about the Cross with a couple of younger guys. Why can't they all just go to Choc's place and play cards all night long, or has he grown up. Darren, dont they teach the old adage any more, ''early to bed, early to rise, makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise'. For Wolfie to be at the Cross at 2am means that he would be in bed at 4am. No wonder his form has dropped alarmingly. No sleep.

4am is early.

C'mon people, who hasn't been out on a weekend and stayed up all night with the boys ( or girls )?
There's been more than one occasion when it's got to 3 or 4 in the morning when I've realised that it'll be daylight soon, I reckon I can stay up from here!

If they're all single guys that don't have any responsibilities the next day why can't they go out all night? 2am isn't that late then is it?
If they had training the next morning, then there may be an issue.

Thing is when at these places at these hours there is always risk of being dragged into these incidents, right or wrong.
Personally feel its a little unfair on players who are spotlighted by media & fans & have to live a confined life compared to other young men.
1 thing that annoys me with all this- "punt this bloke or what a c**khead for doing that " who was there to give an accurate summary on this incident, I mean the papers often get there info from 3rd parties or drunks representing the culprits - thats going to be accurate....like when Stewart copped unfair scrutiny involving an incident that imo dented his entire career & was proven innocent.
Its a lesson learned where media feeds off beating up players disregarding innocence & mentally scarring them when often they have done nothing more than enjoy a drink with a mate like most on here would do??
When or IF proven guilty its fair to comment on what punishment is deemed fair- this guilty till proven innocent is a little backwards for mine...

Lol Johns a high ranking club official ? Think I've read it all now, he wouldn't even be top 15 I would have thought

His other job is commentating for 9 and Triple M isn't it ? He would have been on air until 10pm, well entitled to a beer or 2 after work like anybody else

As for the players, most professional athletes will say that after a game they don't sleep because of being hyped up after the game etc

Could draw a bow and say that is why Williams form is down etc, but it is also fairly hard to have form when you don't get the ball, was it passed to him once the other night ?

So far all I've seen is people getting prepared to climb Everest when they have been presented with a molehill. Imagine of the Internet was around in Cliffy Lyons day, what a terrible man and influence he would have been with all the drinking and smoking

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4