Witt v Burns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
After seeing Witt’s contribution on Sunday is it fair to say Dessie should have persisted with him instead of wasting his time with Burns?

I want to know Byso's thoughts on the contributions made to their teams over the past two weeks by Joe Williams and Michael Monaghan. ;)

Witt was hopeless for us, couldn't/wouldn't tackle and was flustered in attack. Maybe this was because he played behind a less than powerful pack, but the fact is, he was poor in all facets of his game. Maybe persistance might have produced results, maybe it mightn't have, but I wouldn't say that the Warriors game depends on Witt by any stretch. The go forward man for them is Price. If he doesn't play, they get beat more times than not. I'll say though that Witt has hit a purple patch with his goal kicking. And with Burns playing for us this year we're second, with Witt playing for us we limped into fifth wasn't it?

Williams was on fire on the weekend. Would have preferred him in the team with his current form, especially as a backup or a 5/8 I think Williams/Orford would be a good combo

Noone had any problems with Witt being in PL behind Burns last year. It was the right call.

So I fail to see how it is being said Hasler is "wasting his time with Burns".

Williams was on fire on the weekend. Would have preferred him in the team with his current form, especially as a backup or a 5/8 I think Williams/Orford would be a good combo

He can't tackle though.

Williams is ****e. The problem with opposition teams is they don't have anybody marking Williams. If they do, and he's put under pressure, he folds, panics and takes wrong options. The thing is the Souths pack is playing with confidence and going forward so he looks good and has time. When they played us, he wasn't so dominant. With the Tigers they were terrible everywhere, and have a small pack which the Bunnies ran over. Williams can be rolled. Just do it Des, put somebody on him to smash him when he handles the pill..

Happy to see both Witt and Burns go. Burns is a terrier in defence, fair enuff, but his penalties, niggling and inability to provide opportunies for the backline is enuff for me. He was a number 7 at Sharks, maybe he was suited there...or hooker?

Burns offered bugger all as well last year except for solid defence.

This year how often has he played and when he did what did he contribute beside a stack of penalties and whinging because Des didn't rate him at 5/8.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4