WITHOUT SALARY CAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’d like to see something that evens up the junior talent coming through the grades and encourages players to stay at the 1
club throughout their careers. The constant player movements is what’s ruining the game - and this has gone into overdrive under Greenberg.

There’s nothing better than seeing someone like Turbo come through the ranks and stay at Manly his whole career - like so many before him.

It is also a good thing to see great sides stay together like us and Melbourne in recent years. If Penrith or Cronulla or even Brisbane can create a similar dynasty then good luck to them. The joke is the Roosters buying 2 premierships in 5 years. That’s what needs to stop.

I’d like to see something that evens up the junior talent coming through the grades and encourages players to stay at the 1
club throughout their careers. The constant player movements is what’s ruining the game - and this has gone into overdrive under Greenberg.

There’s nothing better than seeing someone like Turbo come through the ranks and stay at Manly his whole career - like so many before him.

It is also a good thing to see great sides stay together like us and Melbourne in recent years. If Penrith or Cronulla or even Brisbane can create a similar dynasty then good luck to them. The joke is the Roosters buying 2 premierships in 5 years. That’s what needs to stop.

And looking like they’ll be buying 3 in 6 years ( looking at their additions for 2019).

There’s just such little benefit these days in developing juniors when you see the best of them poached by rich clubs.

Points have merit but I wouldn’t rely too heavily on rep appearances as rep player selection can be skewed. I’d also include points for premierships and other indices.

But whatever system you had you would get some gaming of the system (as there is now with TTP). For example, a player could be unavailable for rep due to “injury” allowing him another season at the same club.

Tying club football with rep football feels a bit unnatural too and could overvalue the top tier journeymen (great player but misses out on rep) and discriminate against the highly capped rep player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4