With such a high powered team of assistant coaches Barrett has no excuse for failure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The explanation appears wasted on those Manly supporters with a TBaz coaching fetish but don’t ever stop giving up. The obsession is admirable in a weird creepy kind of way.

At some point somewhere in the future the SuperCoach and his peanut brigade will be together forever.

TBaz can whisper sweet plastic chair complaints, the horrors of cleaning the gym, having no recruitment officer into your ear. Whatever your into - I’m not one to judge. He can then please you with retelling his stories of how he was the cause of Manlys success in 2019.

Im sure Baz loves his peanuts deep deep down.
Beautiful mate, truly sublime...

The explanation appears wasted on those Manly supporters with a TBaz coaching fetish but don’t ever stop giving up. The obsession is admirable in a weird creepy kind of way.

At some point somewhere in the future the SuperCoach and his peanut brigade will be together forever.

TBaz can whisper sweet plastic chair complaints, the horrors of cleaning the gym, having no recruitment officer into your ear. Whatever your into - I’m not one to judge. He can then please you with retelling his stories of how he was the cause of Manlys success in 2019.

Im sure Baz loves his peanuts deep deep down.

And all the while you sitting there in your nightie holding on to your hatred and spinning your senseless narratives ... Baz is coaching in the NRL, ....

It took you that long to come up with that drivel... don’t pout mate.

Your so obsessed with praising the Doggies coach. Your hero will acknowledge you one day - maybe try the Kennel dogs supporters site.

and yet you post another Barrett post whilst dribbling about obsession ... must be no mirrors in your place ... at least I have my love to keep me warm ... your hatred and obsession will leave you lonely and miserable ... open your heart ...

At the risk of being accused of being pro-Barrett let me point out his coaching record for Manly Vs DESpicable's since his return to the club.
Barrett: 72 matches for a 40% win record. Highest finish 6th. Lowest 15th
DESpicable: 45 matches for a 44% win record. Highest finish 6th. Lowest 13th
So there isn't that much difference. DESpicable's record is slightly better but, let's face it, both are less than what we fans expect.
I thought when DESpicable returned we'd perform much better, and there were times when I was super impressed with their grit; they looked to be back to the Manly of old. But the last 10 matches of 2020 were as dispiriting as anything a Barrett-coached Manly team displayed.

Des' first season with the team Baz built he equalled Baz's best season. The team under Des performed consistently & actually won a game in the finals and went within a dodgy call of making the qualifying final. Baz limped into the 8 in his successful year and we got handed our arse knocked out straight sets of finals. Big difference. Baz did have some injuries to contend with, however you could argue that he had access to a lot better roster than Des initially and had terrible results. 2020 has been a debacle all round and I shudder to think how Baz would have coped and got through this year if he was still in charge. Genius at mentioning the excuse that he is not using as an excuse was the smart boy Trent. He did enjoy media who love to give him credit and talk him up at every turn so I suppose thats something. Cue the Baz deniers!

One of the main jobs of a head coach ... and a major indication of the respect with which he is held ... is the quality of people that he is able to attract to the club ...

So far .. both in players and coaching staff ... Baz has shown he is one very clever boy ...
On the flip side he manages to push away legends already involved at clubs he is at due to his lack of self confidence, he is intimidated by premiership winners from the club he is coaching at because he can't relate to winning. I love how he attempts to bleach the DNA of a club when he arrives, If they thought Des didn't have the Dogs of War mentality wait till they lose a couple under Barrett, the Kennel wil be rocking.

Last edited:
You are both possibly be correct ... but I will add to the narrative, that he only has the same salary cap and football club caps as everybody else and there has been no mention that they have paid "overs" ... on the asst. coaching staff side there are multiple clubs, including Manly in the market, .. and to sign people of the calibre and gravitas that he has shows that whatever money is being spent .. is being spent very wisely ... On the players side of things, once again there are multiple clubs including Manly with some cash and spots to fill .. again have not heard reports of big dollars or overs paid for Cotric, Flannigan or Hethrington ... so again appears to be controlled and well done ..

And if his chq book is a bit bigger .. it still gets down to how it is spent ...
Paid massive overs for Cotric mate, thats why he left the Raiders. Just the same way myself as a founding member of the coalition of numbnuts choose to negatively view Barrett, you choose to see what you like when it comes to him. You have no idea how much they are paying these support staff but because of your sycophantic obsession with Baz or your love of antagonising people on here you choose to beleive that they are all there because they think Trent is somehow smart. Old mate from the All Blacks wouldn't give a flying F about Trent's genius, he is there for his own ego and to collect some serious cash. The Bulldogs have a huge budget and are desperate for early success, the cap on support staff is only a guide, if they want to go above it they can, they just have to pay a 50% tax to the NRL on the amount over the cap. I have said all along I will give him credit when he wins something, anything. He has still never won a premiership as a player, coach or assistant coach, when he does I will give him a little credit.

Last edited:
On the flip side he manages to push away legends already involved at clubs he is at due to his lack of self confidence, he is intimidated by premiership winners from the club he is coaching at because he can't relate to winning. I love how he attempts to bleach the DNA of a club when he arrives, If they thought Des didn't have the Dogs of War mentality wait till they lose a couple under Barrett, the Kennel wil be rocking.

Didn't Dessie also bring all his own staff to the bulldogs ? ... don't just about all new coaches bring in the majority of a new team ? ... Are you suggesting Baz should have just kept a coaching group that have failed for the past 5 years ? ... and I don't think there are too many people that are saying the bulldogs DNA and family club culture has been royally rooted and needing change for a while now ... Even the new board has all but banned old former players sitting on it ..

And I think all those Manly legends that were pissed off at Manly .. like Glen Stewart, Brett Stewart, Foran, Toovey and Choc et al were all pissed off well before Baz got there ..

And ... if we lose a couple we will also be rocking ...

This stat highlights Barrett’s coaching ability perfectly when he was U20’s coach for the Riff:

2013 - Premiers under Garth Brennan
2014 - 9th under Trent and no finals
2015 - Premiers under Cameron Ciraldo

And yet ... they reemployed him in a heartbeat ... maybe they (having actually met him) .. knew more about his abilities than we do ..

Paid massive overs for Cotric mate, thats why he left the Raiders. Just the same way myself as a founding member of the coalition of numbnuts choose to negatively view Barrett, you choose to see what you like when it comes to him. You have no idea how much they are paying these support staff but because of your sycophantic obsession with Baz or your love of antagonising people on here you choose to beleive that they are all there because they think Trent is somehow smart. Old mate from the All Blacks wouldn't give a flying F about Trent's genius, he is there for his own ego and to collect some serious cash. The Bulldogs have a huge budget and are desperate for early success, the cap on support staff is only a guide, if they want to go above it they can, they just have to pay a 50% tax to the NRL on the amount over the cap. I have said all along I will give him credit when he wins something, anything. He has still never won a premiership as a player, coach or assistant coach, when he does I will give him a little credit.

Boy ... I am glad Manly has never paid overs for a player .. also I think Cotric was signed before Baz was named as coach ...

And no ... I never said that all the support staff have signed on because they think Trent is somehow smart ... what I said was that one of the main jobs, and KPI's of a head coach was the quality of the staff he is able to attract to the club ... If you wish to believe, without evidence, that they are all being paid a fortune .. then Goodo ... signing good people still makes trent a smart boy ..

And yet ... they reemployed him in a heartbeat ... maybe they (having actually met him) .. knew more about his abilities than we do ..
Yep, they understood whoever replaces a Barrett coached side is guaranteed to have a successful, winning season. Tigers should have snapped him up instead of extending the drill Sargent.

Last edited:
Boy ... I am glad Manly has never paid overs for a player .. also I think Cotric was signed before Baz was named as coach ...

And no ... I never said that all the support staff have signed on because they think Trent is somehow smart ... what I said was that one of the main jobs, and KPI's of a head coach was the quality of the staff he is able to attract to the club ... If you wish to believe, without evidence, that they are all being paid a fortune .. then Goodo ... signing good people still makes trent a smart boy ..
The standard @Woodsie rejoinder. He flips then he flops, then he flips again.

The standard @Woodsie rejoinder. He flips then he flops, then he flips again.

another public test of your creditability ... my original post is easy to find ... please show where I have flipped, flopped or flipped again from my original statement ...

By the way Kevvie the hater ... you recently made one of your smartarrse comments about the horror of the Gladestone incident under Baz .... how you going with the Dessie years ... Walker DV charge, Fainu stabbing charge, Walker assault charge, AFB caling a ref a retard and spastic ... I know ... why don't you make a post saying it's all the coaches fault ...

Dear @Woodsie (Trent)

For the record-I don’t hate you. However, I do believe you are a passing fad, like marbles, yo-yo’s or cabbage patch kids. This is likely due in part to the fact you have achieved nothing whatsoever as a head coach. You are also a Goon at heart and are now in charge of the Dogs, so that certainly makes you my enemy in a rugby league sense.

I am a Manly supporter- I support the Sea Eagles! We now have a coach who has won four premierships with this great club and I will always back him over you. You were a ring in who had the rare privilege of leading this superb organisation to glory, but you quit on us when Anthony Griffin got sacked. You even aired our dirty laundry in the media while you were still coaching. (Dog act... how ironic) We also came 15th that same year. You cried like a little boy (b1tch) about the poor facilities here and how you didn’t have a list manager. But then you claimed credit for the list the following year when we were doing well. I don’t hate you Trent... I don’t know you personally. But I’m a Sea Eagles man-maroon and white all the way. I’ve NEVER supported Canterbury or the Goons-I hope we smash you and those blue and white wankas next season- just like I always do. Don’t take this to heart Trent-I hated old Dessie boy (in a rugby league sense) when he coached there too, and he’s won four premierships with the Eagles. You’re either one of us or you ain’t.

I hope this provides a little clarity for you.

Last edited:
When a first grade coach makes every excuse under the sun for his failures and blamed the club publicly that gave him his first opportunity for it, there will always be interest in seeing how it plays out in future.

No need to let it go. It’s interesting and enjoyable to watch him continue to fail.
Oh the theatre of it all...

One of the main jobs of a head coach ... and a major indication of the respect with which he is held ... is the quality of people that he is able to attract to the club ...

So far .. both in players and coaching staff ... Baz has shown he is one very clever boy ...
What is Mr. Sandercocks job description?...sounds painful.

Here is a test for you and your creditability ... please quote where I stood up for @Fluffy ...

All I did was laugh at your usual dribbling response to him .... but I suspect he doesn't require me or anyone else to stick up for him ... unlike you and the coalition of numbnuts ..

PSS ... I have noticed today that a few posters have been voicing their concerns at the direction and quality of Dessies recruitment ... are you going to challenge all them ... or is it just me that get's you all wet ....
Pretty sure it’s just you @Woodsie . Keep it going, we’ve got the off-season to get through.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6