Wireless for desktop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Any of you tech heads got advice on the best (and affordable) card to hook a desktop up to wireless?

Whatever works mate...

personally I have been thinking about getting one of the USB keys that do it for about $30. Just plug it in to any computer and its wireless.

http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=usb%2C+WiFi

yup same thing. Its a hell of a lot easier than opening the computer and popping one into the PCI ports.

I need to get one for my arcade machine but keep putting it off

how much did you pay for yours byso?

fark!!!!

ebay is like so much cheaper dude and they all do the same thing

yeah still pointless because a 54 would have connected....you just love spending money dont you?

108 is twice as fast. If I'm transferring 4 gig of files then it will make a difference :)

For the difference of 1/2 the speed why stuff around to save 30 or 40 bucks?

Matabele have a look at the other ADSL modem thread. If you can get the same modem/router cheaper NEW i'd like to see it!

108 is twice as fast. If I'm transferring 4 gig of files then it will make a difference :)

For the difference of 1/2 the speed why stuff around to save 30 or 40 bucks?

Matabele have a look at the other ADSL modem thread. If you can get the same modem/router cheaper NEW i'd like to see it!

lol do you honestly think you will see a speed difference between 54 and 108????/

good luck to you champ but your pouring money down the drain

if you can notice a hundredth of a second, the world must move very slowly for you!

but its moving twice the data. I suppose your still using a 800 mhz celeron by your reckoning.

Dan you know allot about IT for a hairdresser :)

lol nah I have a centrino at home and a p4 at work!

Whether you are moving twice the data or not, you wouldn't notice the difference between a 108 and a 54 unless perhaps you had multiple machines copying data through the same connection or fromt he same router.

It isn't like with network cards with 10/10 and 10/100.

You literally will not notice the difference

I've seen the difference first hand.

Much quicker if i'm moving 2 or 4 gb of files.

Maybe not if its. 100kb files etc or internet usage.

I've seen the difference first hand.

Much quicker if i'm moving 2 or 4 gb of files.

Maybe not if its. 100kb files etc or internet usage.

yeah well if you can justify the need $80 worth of moving 4GB files good luck to you :)

But I dare say you are acting more ona whim the necessity

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4