Wingers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Everyone talks about Manly needing to recruit a marquee prop or backrower.

I'd invest some salary cap on gun wingers.

Jorge may or may not be here. Uate will final year of contract. Wright / Kelly look a touch slow, and no stand-out wing back-ups in reserve grade/ 20s ready for NRL next year.

Would be happy with Marika Koriebete or Gideon Mosby-Gela. Or injury free Yaw Kit Glymin. Or bargain-price Marcelo Montoya from Dogs.
Anyone with a weird name and can run like the wind will do me.

I think Tyrone Roberts-Davis is still unsigned from the Titans,very fast and good in the air and can cover fullback,does not offer much support to hitting the ball up but a good attacking option....(186cm and 94kgs,not overly tall but a good leaper)

Last edited:
  • Clever
Reactions: R3
If Manly do not re sign Jorge and Peter Schuster , they may be presently considering some other wing or outside back recruiting options . Personally i like both players and while Jorge"s playing ability has been quite obvious, i still think that Schuster has quite a bit to offer , but the i st grade opportunities for him this season have of course been very limited . Does seem to be good wraps on the 20 's Anderson and of course with Tom Wright as the other lower grade stand out , so i guess that time will tell . However hard to envisage a big name or notable winger being recruited for Manly any time soon.

If Manly do not re sign Jorge and Peter Schuster , they may be presently considering some other wing or outside back recruiting options . Personally i like both players and while Jorge"s playing ability has been quite obvious, i still think that Schuster has quite a bit to offer , but the i st grade opportunities for him this season have of course been very limited . Does seem to be good wraps on the 20 's Anderson and of course with Tom Wright as the other lower grade stand out , so i guess that time will tell . However hard to envisage a big name or notable winger being recruited for Manly any time soon.
Yeah,I am happy with what we have,Schuster is only in his 2nd year from a rugby switch and scored a couple of long range tries on the weekend showing his speed,he is the fastest guy in our ISP side by a long way and would love to see him get a shot.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Josh Mansour would be a perfect fit for our team. He gets through plenty of work and is relatively reliable. The trouble is he has a terrible history with injuries and I don't think we should pay big bucks for a winger.

Josh Mansour would be a perfect fit for our team. He gets through plenty of work and is relatively reliable. The trouble is he has a terrible history with injuries and I don't think we should pay big bucks for a winger.
You pay peanuts and you get monkeys feathered friend . All good players demand good money .
5199f510a2253d51a3088b0ef221fba4.jpg

Anthony Don is one I wish we had here at Manly.

Pity its not like the AFL, we could have got him under the grandfather rule.

I put Don in the Robbo mould.

Very reliable and can catch a bomb.

Although our attack is above average.

We are at a serious disadvantage for last tackle attacking kick options when it comes to high kicks.

I'd love Mansour, but Penrith would be nuts to let him go.

We are scoring enough points as it is and I prefer tough wingers, it's just whether they can keep improving their defence. We are capable of scoring, and need to become able to defend better. With good goal-line defence (consistently) this side would be unstoppable with a little more time together

We are scoring enough points as it is and I prefer tough wingers, it's just whether they can keep improving their defence. We are capable of scoring, and need to become able to defend better. With good goal-line defence (consistently) this side would be unstoppable with a little more time together
What's irritating is that from round 3 against the Cows, Manly's D was awesome.:nod:

Since SOO, when Carty went off to the Blues, Manly have become fragmented :cool:

Losing Siro also upset our cohesive RHS. :(
I was excited about that combination growing with each game. Chez could play his natural game as Siro was picking up his lines and offloading to Walks :nod:

Lets hope that they can focus on finishing in the Top 8 :clap:
Then the novelty of a Finals Series should be motivating enough for this young Manly side :party:

What's irritating is that from round 3 against the Cows, Manly's D was awesome.:nod:

Since SOO, when Carty went off to the Blues, Manly have become fragmented :cool:

Losing Siro also upset our cohesive RHS. :(
I was excited about that combination growing with each game. Chez could play his natural game as Siro was picking up his lines and offloading to Walks :nod:

Lets hope that they can focus on finishing in the Top 8 :clap:
Then the novelty of a Finals Series should be motivating enough for this young Manly side :party:
Yeah, was also good against the Eels, Penrith, Roosters (except for 10 min period) and more. We just either can't defend that well consistently or cannot defend that well for 80 minutes. I am expecting us to work towards the 80 minutes with some games against poor attacking sides allowing us to rebuild the defence. Siro's return will help us plenty

I keep going back to the Raiders game plan at GIO round8

By constantly kicking for the corners, their backs were nullified and Manly's defensive lapses in their quarter was not an issue. We had a good 80m to run them down if we missed a tackle.:happy:

Wish Baz would bring out that playsheet again. Simple and effective :wait:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8