Wingers who have we got--concerned?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Steve Matai
Michael Robertson
Paul Stephenson
Mitch Creary - Part timer
Chris Hicks

Any one else?

I'm concerned.

The Tigers showed what is possible when you have a good 1,6,7 and 9.

Most of their outside backs were a laughing stock - Elford and Fitzhenry in particular. Richards is a reasonable winger, but not a worldbeater.

As long as our wingers can catch a bomb and take the odd hit up, I'd be more concerened if we still had Moana in 7 and Randall in 9.

Chris Hicks for starters. But team him up in the centres with Bell, and you could have Matai & Alberts on the wings.

Hicks --------------------Good NRL player
Steppa-------------------Adequate PL/NRL
Michael Robertson------Adequate, slow? NRL/PL
Steve Matai--------------Adequate, PL/NRL
Mitch Creary-------------PL only

Alberts could play wing too Byso. They say he's the quickest at the club off the mark.

The Tigers showed what is possible when you have a good 1,6,7 and 9.

Most of their outside backs were a laughing stock - Elford and Fitzhenry in particular. Richards is a reasonable winger, but not a worldbeater.

As long as our wingers can catch a bomb and take the odd hit up, I'd be more concerened if we still had Moana in 7 and Randall in 9.

You also have to take into account their centres - Fats did a very good job this year and i still cant work out why we didnt go hard at him.

The wing is the least of our worries.

I am more concerned about 5/8 & prop

Whatuira did well.

But Elford? I'd rather Bell.

Consider:

Hicks or Richards? Hicks
Bell or Elford? Bell
Matai/Alberts or Whatuira? Whatuira
Stephenson or Fitzhenry? Fitzhenry

Hodges would only be slightly ahead of Stewart on current form.

You could build a case that we have a better 1-5 than the Tigers in 2005.

Which brings me back to 6,7,9.

I was comparing Hill, Matai, steppa and alberts, not next years team, next year our outside backs look good, especially if hicks get back to 2004 form.

For me, our 6, 7 and 9 will be better which just leaves the props.

Bryant is the only one who can hold his head high, Kite was great one week average the next, the rest were poor/injured/suspended.

6 is the big issue as far as I am concerned. (I am not sure that CCC is the answer.

I hope that Ballin is as good as the wraps on his potential. Mind you any Manly team without Chad will be an improvement.

*** CC = Concentric Circles Captain!!!!!

I think 6 is our biggest problem, the props should be ok with Kite & Hecks. I will stick my considerable neck out now (feel free to remind me of this as next season progresses) and say that Jason King will have a big 2006

you still have to think that monas on one side of the ruck is going to be better than lulu/king/beaver/harris/the ball boy this year - hence we have improved in all of the positions.

Monaghan IS a great player when looking after one side of the ruck Fluff. Your right there mate. Evidence of this was our attack when he partnered Walker. Orford is better than Walker.

Utility - I also think King will shock a few this year. He couldn't get any worse. Lets put it that way. We have:-

Kane Cleal
Phil Moorwood
Jim Curtis
Daniel Heckenberg
Jason King
Brent Kite
George Rose
Kylie Leuleuai
Mark Bryant

@ prop. We're cool there.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6