Willy Mason

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought his interview today was really good , he's a big step up from the Willie of a decade ago.

He's no BK but let me tell you he will have an impact on our younger guys!!

Very very smart signing, if only for the experience he will impart.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I thought his interview today was really good , he's a big step up from the Willie of a decade ago.

He's no BK but let me tell you he will have an impact on our younger guys!!

Very very smart signing, if only for the experience he will impart.

Yep, he knows his standing in the game.

The club put him up for our jersey launch so that says it all really, super clean skin Matt Ballin and Big Willie - apparently no-one likes him so playing for us fits perfectly.
He's not the young punk anymore but to last as long as he has and still cut it shows he still has some punk in him.

I don't give a rats if he only plays 30 mins a game because I'm pretty sure that the opposition and his team mates will know when he's playing and with his regular gig on FOX he'll let everyone know too.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
BOZO said:
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/mason-why-joined-manly/

Very impressed with Willie joining our team. His interviews have been positive and I feel he is genuinely looking forward to being a part of Manly. Well done to all involved in his recruitment.

Couldn't agree more. Only at the club 5 mins and spoke very well about what a honour it is to play for such a prestigious club ! He certainly as matured and like many I believe he is a very astute and strategic signing both on & off the field. Welcome to Manly Willie !!

I'm looking forward to Willie and the boys taking on Choc & Parra next year.....:cool:

New Sea Eagle Willie Mason 'dumbfounded' by Newcastle Knights axing

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/manly-sea-eagles/new-sea-eagle-willie-mason-dumbfounded-by-newcastle-knights-axing-20141106-11i06m.html

"He has great leadership skills," Ballin said. "He has been around for 15 years and brings knowledge about football. His enthusiasm on and off the field will be great around the club." Yo.

Mason was a great signing and addition to our team. He adds so many things that we need. His leadership especially as our new pack leader on and off the field is needed with the departures of Choc, Gift and Kingy. He can hopefully help instil some toughness into our younger forwards. Also the enthusiasm and motivation he can bring on and off paddock will be huge as we all know he isn't short of a word lol.

Another important attribute Mason brings is his international, state and premiership winning experience. Having played at the highest level of the game his big game experience is vital in somewhat off-setting the loss of the above players mentioned who all possessed that. His size, mongrel and competitiveness also are a much needed commodity to boost up our pack.

Mason has matured immensely over his career. He has learnt from past errors and is not the young punk we loved to hate. In saying that another important thing Mason brings is character and personality.

I really hope he has a great year in Maroon and White. Welcome Big Willy!!!

Jax24 said:
Mason was a great signing and addition to our team. He adds so many things that we need. His leadership especially as our new pack leader on and off the field is needed with the departures of Choc, Gift and Kingy. He can hopefully help instil some toughness into our younger forwards. Also the enthusiasm and motivation he can bring on and off paddock will be huge as we all know he isn't short of a word lol.

Another important attribute Mason brings is his international, state and premiership winning experience. Having played at the highest level of the game his big game experience is vital in somewhat off-setting the loss of the above players mentioned who all possessed that. His size, mongrel and competitiveness also are a much needed commodity to boost up our pack.

Mason has matured immensely over his career. He has learnt from past errors and is not the young punk we loved to hate. In saying that another important thing Mason brings is character and personality.

I really hope he has a great year in Maroon and White. Welcome Big Willy!!!

He'd be better in the front row than some of the nuffies playing for the Aussies atm.

Living up in the Hunter Valley there's been a lot of talk today about Willie and being pretty much shown the door by Rick Stone. The general consensus from Knights people and fans is .....LOOK OUT! Willie is p***ed and has a real point to prove! And that can only be good for us. The last thing I want is Mason just treading water to get another pay packet, he seems genuinely annoyed at this whole situation!

With all the new signings for other clubs, Mason seems to be attracting a lot of media attention. The new sponsors must be loving him.

Great signing for so many reasons.

I hope he lives up to it on the field. With his competitive nature and aggression, he just needs to do what he is good at doing to become one of my favs.

I think Willie has the right attitude and will be good to have around the club (Wow - I couldn't imagine saying that a few years back, but I think it is true now!).

I do have some doubts about whether he is past it though. I think we will know quite early on whether he will be a big asset on the field or not.

Killer03 said:
Living up in the Hunter Valley there's been a lot of talk today about Willie and being pretty much shown the door by Rick Stone. The general consensus from Knights people and fans is .....LOOK OUT! Willie is p***ed and has a real point to prove! And that can only be good for us. The last thing I want is Mason just treading water to get another pay packet, he seems genuinely annoyed at this whole situation!
He won't tread water, that is not a risk. The risk is his age and the possibility of injury. He's been pretty durable in his long career, fingers crossed that continues for this coming season.

Our pack will have something to prove next year after exits of choc and gift. Willie is just the man to make it happen-he will extract 100% from all involved.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Disco said:
I wonder how long people are going to be amused by willie puns

Maturity of this crowd.......I'm thinking some time in 2019

Little Willie may be playing by then ;)

And he'll probably be chasin' little beaver.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8