Willie Mason signed with Manly this afternoon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

phantom

I am a long time reader of this forum but first time poster. I have confirmation that Willie Mason signed a contract with Manly this afternoon - this is not a rumour but FACT. Additionally, unfortunately Choc Watmough will not be with Manly next year and Trent Merrin is being chased by 3 clubs and his preference is to do a deal with Manly if possible.

IF true then I for one won't be too upset about Mason signing and Merrin preferring to sign with the club.

Being honest though I would much rather see Choc play out his career in the maroon and white.

Thanks for the info @phantom please be so kind and tell us all who you get your info from. It will be sure to make your time here with us on Silvertails much happy good times.

Didn't put 'official' in the title. Long time lurkers would know to do this.

Manly site forgot to put it up as well.

Are facts the new rumours?

Thanks for the welcome BOZO. One thing I won't do is post false info on this site. Willie Mason is guaranteed because he has signed yesterday afternoon and should be announced by end of this week. Source is someone who witnessed the signing. For obvious reasons can't say no more. Trent Merrin is a work in progress and like I said he has told those that matter Manly is his preference all things being equal (i.e. $$ in the ball park). As for Choc unfortunately this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone but when he returns from overseas it will be announced that he will be an eel from next year.

Just heard a new rumour on MMM from the lurker.... Foran weighing up massive offer from Canberra... On top of Snake being a done deal with the Eels

Mitch said:
SeaEagle007 said:
Just heard a new rumour on MMM from the lurker.... Foran weighing up massive offer from Canberra... On top of Snake being a done deal with the Eels

Yeah I heard that as well. They did say Stewart was the Eels plan B though, they want Falou.

I hope Snake heard that too

Mitch said:
SeaEagle007 said:

Yeah I heard that as well. They did say Stewart was the Eels plan B though, they want Falou.
Folau won't be going anywhere before the World Cup, If he goes at all

Harry said:
Mitch said:
SeaEagle007 said:

The way the Wallabies are going playing in the World Cup won't be yielding him any silverware, may as well defect back now.

I'd be surprised, that if their current form continues that they will even make it past the initial stages into the Quarter Finals.

SeaEagle007 said:

That's good news than I expect Foran to re sign and Snake to see out his contract. MMM have as much credibility as Rothfield when talking Rugby league. I was listening the other night and the old prick Ray warren was talking about how he hates players who break contracts and people should respect them, then the next segment started and he had parra's chief exec on and by the end of it he (warren) had watmough,stewart and matai joining them next year. I nearly drove of the road he obviously doesn't respect manly contract's and won't care if they break them the old prick.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Mitch said:
SeaEagle007 said:

The way the Wallabies are going playing in the World Cup won't be yielding him any silverware, may as well defect back now.

I'd be surprised, that if their current form continues that they will even make it past the initial stages into the Quarter Finals.

but if they can find jsut 1/80th improvement they will beat the kiwis and win the world cup

Mason signing should be a boost for the forwards. He'll fire up the kids for sure and I think he'll be one to ignite fans.
We'll possibly need an extra large swear jar in the change room for Willie.
Choc not finishing his career at Manly is just plain sad. Such a shame that both parties couldn't have made peace and sorted this out.:(

This site is long aware that the club either has a problem finding a pen with which to sign deals, or else uses a pen with disappearing ink.
Can you assure us Phantom that your source checked the pen and the ink? And please also confirm that Mason actually signed his name, and not a just a big X.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4