Williamson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not a bad debate.

The argument so far must rest with Williamson as good value. Ryans comparison to other players/positions doesnt hold water IMO.

But let me put forward another way of looking at this :

When looking at Williamsons value to the side as a utility player you have to assess the role he plays and why thats beneficial to the football side he plays in.

Flannery of the Rorters has been great value for that team and the reason hes been so valuable is because of his attacking capabilies coming off the bench, more so than his defensive work.

While Williamson is great value for this team moreso because of his defensive workrate & the sheer number of positions he can cover.

Two of the main areas suspect for us is a) depth and b) defence

Williamsons's bias is defence and combining that with his great positional coverage, is exactly what this team needs in a utility player at present.

Not a bad debate.

The argument so far must rest with Williamson as good value. Ryans comparison to other players/positions doesnt hold water IMO.

But let me put forward another way of looking at this :

When looking at Williamsons value to the side as a utility player you have to assess the role he plays and why thats beneficial to the football side he plays in.

Flannery of the Rorters has been great value for that team and the reason hes been so valuable is because of his attacking capabilies coming off the bench, more so than his defensive work.

While Williamson is great value for this team moreso because of his defensive workrate & the sheer number of positions he can cover.

Two of the main areas suspect for us is a) depth and b) defence

Williamsons's bias is defence and combining that with his great positional coverage, is exactly what this team needs in a utility player at present.
:clap:

he has to be there... end of story

i would much rather have him out there in a tight one than this cuthbo i keep hearing about

out of interest how old is cuthbertson.

21 years old, couldnt get a run when we had the origin backrow out.

king tutt and deadwood got a run infront of him.

thats good form just there

He's not as effective in attack as Cuthbertson.
He's not as effective in defence than Watmough, Menzies & BK.
He's not as skillfull as Witt, Burns, Monaghan and Orford.
He's not as fast as Alberts, Matai and Bell.

Yup...I don't see his value in any position.

A \"working\" player that hasn't got impact has no place in the game today.

That's why we released (upon his request) Heckenberg without an issue in my opinion.

Would Williamson get a run, in The Roosters, Broncos, Parra, Dragons sides???

That should answer what you are asking...and I leave it up to your honest interpretation on whether you think he'd make their sides.

Mate with a back row that can all nearly play 80 mins why not have one of the toughest utilitys going around sitting on your bench?

He may not be able to set the world alight but you know every time he will give you 100% and not let you down.

I think you will also find that his error rate is below everyone elses as well.

He can sit on the bench in my team any day.

vegas, cuthbo wasnt available for those rounds as he had tonsalitis or something like that

Well wheel hadnt so someone had to.

From what i heard he lost about 4 kilos whilst being sick as well so wasnt considered again for the last few rounds.

Oh my, some do have rose coloured glasses for certain players which is unjustified.

Williamson has had bad games and he can be a turnstile.

But I agree that \"generally\" he's a solid player. But rarely will he win you a game. There's no way he's a better player than Monas. Not creatively or defensively.

The games where he has been a "turnstile" would be very few and far between.. he is solid week in week out!

As for your comparison to mona's, i have stood up for mona's many o times but i gotta say if i had to cut mona's to fit in williamson i would do so!

Fair enough. I think Monas is a better player though. With the Messiah there he will go well.

21 years old, couldnt get a run when we had the origin backrow out.

king tutt and deadwood got a run infront of him.

thats good form just there

That would be Toovey's fault then. But I agree with you.

Ryan...you have hit the nail on the head. Willo would not get a run in ANY of these sides.
Once again, Des just playing safe, un willing to change the team. Very predictable

[/quote]

Its a bit hard for Cuthbo to prove himself in the NRL if dessie picks him on the bench for PL. If we don't give some of the younger talented players a go we will lose them next year to other teams.

[/quote]

Des has said he expects to be giving cuthbo a fair run this year after spending a few seasons training with the top squad. I expect he will given good form, but not in round 1.

As for why Cuthbo and to a lesser extent Cleal is on the PL bench, it's got me stuffed.

it could be that cuthbo is injured or sick as well!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6