William Hopoate Vs Ben Farrar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TokyoEagle link said:
Would like Manly to keep Farrer if at all possible, IMO he will be a big loss and very hard to replace.

Farrar would be particularly easy to replace. Journeyman outside backs arent exactly rare.

That said I hope we keep him, he has done well and done everything asked of him, and obviously enjoys being at Manly.

Can't see us keeping Farrar under the cap. With the upgraded Matai contract we will most likely lose him. I think other teams have seen his ability and versatility so we won't be able to match other offers. It's sad, i'd love to see him stay but that's the way it goes. Bailey is still contracted next year so he is taking up the cap space.

Re Hoppa, i'd keep him in the starting line up at Fullback. In my opinion (Hoppa vs Farrar), i would rather take Hoppa who is safe at the back and his positioning is excellent. Farrar knows the attacking plays, but we have enough ball players in our team to cope with Hoppa there. Plus i don't think it will take him long to learn the plays. Farrar might be out for a while so gives him plenty of time. Put Farrar on the bench replacing Bailey when Farrar returns.

I hope if we cant keep Farrar, he picks up a juicy contract elsewhere.
The guy definitely deserves it.

As for the rest of this year, Im willing to see how Hoppas next few games go at fullback. If he keeps playing like he did on Saturday (safe as houses), I think he should stay in the team, Farrar to bench utility. However its asking a lot of the kid and mistakes are to be expected.

Dump Bailey, keep Farrar, play snake at 5/8 and Foran at 1/2, bring T Rex of the bench into the 2nd row and Whare, don't know where to put him.

Red Sea Eagle link said:
Dump Bailey, keep Farrar, play snake at 5/8 and Foran at 1/2, bring T Rex of the bench into the 2nd row and Whare, don't know where to put him.

Can't see us keeping Farrar unless we release Bailey. Don't think Des will put snake at 5/8. Snake should be fit and ready to go beginning of next year and will be fullback. Hoppa will spend time at Sunshine Coast and fill in on the wing / replace snake if injuries happen next year. Wolfman to the wing, T-rex to the bench. Whare to Sunshine coast and can be called up when needed. DCE will be 1/2 and Foran 5/8.

abnc link said:
[quote author=Red Sea Eagle link=topic=184578.msg283400#msg283400 date=1281409224]

Can't see us keeping Farrar unless we release Bailey. Don't think Des will put snake at 5/8. Snake should be fit and ready to go beginning of next year and will be fullback. Hoppa will spend time at Sunshine Coast and fill in on the wing / replace snake if injuries happen next year. Wolfman to the wing, T-rex to the bench. Whare to Sunshine coast and can be called up when needed. DCE will be 1/2 and Foran 5/8.
[/quote]

Isn't DCE a bit young yet?

DCE is the logical choice to replace TH. I'm pretty sure he's te same age as Foran, or very close.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2