William Hopoate Vs Ben Farrar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Liueli of Brookvale

Reserve Grader
What did everyone think of William Hopoate's performance on Saturday night? I thought he played extremely well.. Well enough to steal Farrar's spot at FB from under him. I thought he didn't over play his hand, did what he had to, and was very safe under the high ball.

In saying that.. What happens when/if Brett Stewart returns? (Pending his court case) I actually do like Farrar, I just don't think he's that good at FB. I would love to see him next year come in as a utility off the bench, with T-Rex also coming off the bench and playing in the forwards.

I hear Farrar is talking with Newcastle which I imagine means no room at the inn. Hoppa and Whare come into it next year.

There really isn't a spot for Farrar, he has been a very handy trade but with the young guys and snake comming back next year i really don't see a spot for him.

I think young Hoppa will be out future fullback that is if we find a pen

I think Des will put Farrar back in as soon as he is fit, But Des is gonna have real selection headaches next season with Brett, Wolfy to also put in the side too

Farrar would make the ideal utility ALA Gidley for NSW off the bench. Get rid of Bailey, if anything....I know that's harsh, but I'd honestly think if it were a choice out of the two 7 out of 10 would keep Farrar.

I agree Ryan. Farrar is a much better utility option than Bailey.

Farrar for Bailey off the bench
T-Rex for Perry off the bench
D.William back on the wing
Brett Stewart back at FB (Pending case)
William Hopoate back to NYC until needed

I heard they are not going to re sign Farrer. Hoppa was very good on Saturday night and the cheats tested him time and time again and he was very safe.

If we are talking this season, as soon as Farrar iis fit, I think he comes back in for the part he plays in our set plays which has been great this season

ding ding ding. Exactly what i was thinking. Hoppa wont have the practise to slip into those backline moves that Farrar has been doing.

Perhaps Hoppa is our next fullback regardless of the court decision for Stewart, would love to see Brett play another role, one that doesn't require the speed of fullback but lets him ball play a little more, 5/8 for example.

How good has Farrar been! considering we swapped him for Michael Bani. What a purchase! Very dependable player who is very flexible regarding the positions he can cover. A player that we will miss if he leaves, as he is great cover for any position in the backline.

Liueli of Brookvale link said:
What did everyone think of William Hopoate's performance on Saturday night? I thought he played extremely well.. Well enough to steal Farrar's spot at FB from under him. I thought he didn't over play his hand, did what he had to, and was very safe under the high ball.

In saying that.. What happens when/if Brett Stewart returns? (Pending his court case) I actually do like Farrar, I just don't think he's that good at FB. I would love to see him next year come in as a utility off the bench, with T-Rex also coming off the bench and playing in the forwards.
I think hoppa was very strong especially in the first half,he didn't seem to want to overplay his hand in the second and good on him,i would personally like to see him there instead of farrar i don't think des will stick with him though although i would hope he does.Safe under the high ball lots of potential,of course if brett returns brett will have the spot but it is great we have hoppa there in reserve if times get tough again,and yes t rex off the bench perhaps as a forward,he will be good as a utility anyway,good post i agree.

Hoppa was very good on Saturday and that game will increase his confidence. But he was a bit slow as I think he played with an injury. This week, he will be better IMO.

Gee I think some of you have short memories, writing off Ben Farrar. For mine he always gives 100%, and must be in the top 17 when he is fit. As suggested, a utility bench spot could work. If you want to retain Hoppa Junior, and I have no objection to this, then why not Farrar on the wing with T-Rex becoming a utility bench player?
I think Farrar has been great for us.

Rusty link said:
Perhaps Hoppa is our next fullback regardless of the court decision for Stewart, would love to see Brett play another role, one that doesn't require the speed of fullback but lets him ball play a little more, 5/8 for example.
I do not see brett as a 5/8 glenn would be more suited, Brett to fullback,wolfy to the wing, Trex to the bench as a ball playing 2nd rower, farrar to bench to replace bailey. As for hoppa he did great, him and whare to sunshine coast. Although i might get smited for this, but i really dont rate Whare that much, his first game was impressive, i think its his defence that worries me, he has room to improve !

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6