William Chambers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
From The DT today.

Look Chambers is an A1 grub and I have no time for the bloke but reading below some of the things he apparently said really aren't that bad. most of it was true by the looks of it....

Honestly, these guys go out and try to legally knock 10 tonnes of ****e out of each other.

A bit of chat shouldn't matter that much.

........................................................................................................................................................

Vicious barbs directed at Matt Lodge’s criminal history and his family were the catalyst for several New Zealand Warriors players targeting serial sledger Will Chambers during their spiteful clash with Cronulla last weekend.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal the “very personal” sledges Chambers aimed at Lodge and his teammate and brother-in-law Sean O’Sullivan that resulted in four Warriors incidents against the Sharks centre being put on report that cost the side four weeks in suspensions.

According to sources at both clubs, Chambers kickstarted the war of words that would lead to prop Kane Evans being twice sin-binned twice for attempting to punch Chambers in response to the verbal barrage that began in the 10th minute of the match.

Having been awarded a penalty after being collected high, Chambers is alleged to have told Lodge: “You shouldn’t even be on the field. You should be in jail for what you have done.”

The comment was in reference to an incident that occurred in New York in 2015, where Lodge was arrested at gunpoint following a violent home invasion. He pleaded guilty to reckless assault and was sentenced to community service and treatment for anger and alcohol abuse in Australia, but avoided jail time.

It also prompted a reaction from Warriors halfback O'Sullivan, who is also Lodge’s brother-in-law.

While not clear what O'Sullivan said to attract Chambers’ attention, sources from both teams confirmed the Sharks centre continued to centre his sledging around Lodge’s personal life.

Don’t worry about me,” Chambers is alleged to have said to O'Sullivan before pointing towards Lodge. “Worry about what that bloke is doing to your sister.”

Lodge did not react to the comment about his New York incident or the comment about his marriage to O'Sullivan’s sister Jessica, but Evans admitted that the sledging lit the fuse for the two attempted punches he threw in the 34th minute.

“Sometimes things happen on the field when things are said,” Evans said.

“Sometimes they are directly and other times that are said indirectly. And sometimes people react. I just want to move on. I am going to leave it all on the field.”

NRL: Will Chambers certainly got under the skin of the Warriors, with no less than four charges being handed down to players trying to get even with the Sharks pest.

The Warriors players’ reactions to Chambers’ antics have proven costly, with Lodge suspended for two matches for a high tackle, while Evans and winger Dallin Watene-Zelezniak will both miss Sunday’s match against last-placed Canterbury after copping one-match bans.

O’Sullivan attempted to play down the incident this week, while revealing Evans had apologised to teammates for being sin-binned.

“I think Kano might have lost his head a little bit there and I am sure if he had the chance again he might like to do things a little bit differently,” O’Sullivan told NRL.com.

“He wears his heart on his sleeve and that’s a decision that he made at the time, in the heat of the moment.”

Speculation has been rife about what Chambers said to attract attention for the second week in a row, with the Daily Telegraph earlier this week revealing he had made attempts to verbally intimidate 18-year-old Viliame Vailea, who was playing only his second game for the Warriors.

Chambers’ actions prompted Warriors boss Cameron George to slam the former international’s comments as “very personal”.

“I am privy to what was said out there and I don’t approve of that,” George said this week.

“There is a line you don’t cross and from the feedback I have got, that was crossed. It was very, very, very personal from what I have been told.

“I understand the art of sledging and what it is designed to do. For the second week in a row he’s caused a bit of drama. If that is the way he wants to play, that’s his call. He hasn’t won any games has he?

“He got fined $1500 for throwing a boot into the grandstand. I understand it and I generally don’t have a problem with it. When it crosses the line, I don’t approve. For the last two weeks, it has been notable it hasn’t helped his side win a game.”

Lodge, who spent time in New York’s infamous Rikers Island prison following his New York arrest, was cleared to resume his NRL career in 2018.

More Coverage​

Sharks veteran pays price for poor form, not sledgingGutho puts million-dollar contract rumours to bed
Chambers has been dropped from the Sharks’ team for this weekend’s clash against Newcastle, although coach Josh Hannay said that was because of poor form, not because of his sledging.

https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Will+Chambers+sledging:+Cronulla+Sharks+centre+slammed+Matt+Lodge+over+criminal+history,+family&via=dailytelegraph&url=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/will-chambers-sledging-cronulla-sharks-centre-slammed-matt-lodge-over-criminal-history-family/news-story/c5a5dc463747b9f36a741cfc3628196a

Last edited:
From The DT today.

Look Chambers is an A1 grub and I have no time for the bloke but reading below some of the things he apparently said really aren't that bad. most of it was true by the looks of it....

Honestly, these guys go out and try to legally knock 10 tonnes of ****e out of each other.

........................................................................................................................................................

Vicious barbs directed at Matt Lodge’s criminal history and his family were the catalyst for several New Zealand Warriors players targeting serial sledger Will Chambers during their spiteful clash with Cronulla last weekend.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal the “very personal” sledges Chambers aimed at Lodge and his teammate and brother-in-law Sean O’Sullivan that resulted in four Warriors incidents against the Sharks centre being put on report that cost the side four weeks in suspensions.

According to sources at both clubs, Chambers kickstarted the war of words that would lead to prop Kane Evans being twice sin-binned twice for attempting to punch Chambers in response to the verbal barrage that began in the 10th minute of the match.

Having been awarded a penalty after being collected high, Chambers is alleged to have told Lodge: “You shouldn’t even be on the field. You should be in jail for what you have done.”

The comment was in reference to an incident that occurred in New York in 2015, where Lodge was arrested at gunpoint following a violent home invasion. He pleaded guilty to reckless assault and was sentenced to community service and treatment for anger and alcohol abuse in Australia, but avoided jail time.

It also prompted a reaction from Warriors halfback O'Sullivan, who is also Lodge’s brother-in-law.

While not clear what O'Sullivan said to attract Chambers’ attention, sources from both teams confirmed the Sharks centre continued to centre his sledging around Lodge’s personal life.

Don’t worry about me,” Chambers is alleged to have said to O'Sullivan before pointing towards Lodge. “Worry about what that bloke is doing to your sister.”

Lodge did not react to the comment about his New York incident or the comment about his marriage to O'Sullivan’s sister Jessica, but Evans admitted that the sledging lit the fuse for the two attempted punches he threw in the 34th minute.

“Sometimes things happen on the field when things are said,” Evans said.

“Sometimes they are directly and other times that are said indirectly. And sometimes people react. I just want to move on. I am going to leave it all on the field.”

NRL: Will Chambers certainly got under the skin of the Warriors, with no less than four charges being handed down to players trying to get even with the Sharks pest.

The Warriors players’ reactions to Chambers’ antics have proven costly, with Lodge suspended for two matches for a high tackle, while Evans and winger Dallin Watene-Zelezniak will both miss Sunday’s match against last-placed Canterbury after copping one-match bans.

O’Sullivan attempted to play down the incident this week, while revealing Evans had apologised to teammates for being sin-binned.

“I think Kano might have lost his head a little bit there and I am sure if he had the chance again he might like to do things a little bit differently,” O’Sullivan told NRL.com.

“He wears his heart on his sleeve and that’s a decision that he made at the time, in the heat of the moment.”

Speculation has been rife about what Chambers said to attract attention for the second week in a row, with the Daily Telegraph earlier this week revealing he had made attempts to verbally intimidate 18-year-old Viliame Vailea, who was playing only his second game for the Warriors.

Chambers’ actions prompted Warriors boss Cameron George to slam the former international’s comments as “very personal”.

“I am privy to what was said out there and I don’t approve of that,” George said this week.

“There is a line you don’t cross and from the feedback I have got, that was crossed. It was very, very, very personal from what I have been told.

“I understand the art of sledging and what it is designed to do. For the second week in a row he’s caused a bit of drama. If that is the way he wants to play, that’s his call. He hasn’t won any games has he?

“He got fined $1500 for throwing a boot into the grandstand. I understand it and I generally don’t have a problem with it. When it crosses the line, I don’t approve. For the last two weeks, it has been notable it hasn’t helped his side win a game.”

Lodge, who spent time in New York’s infamous Rikers Island prison following his New York arrest, was cleared to resume his NRL career in 2018.

More Coverage​

Sharks veteran pays price for poor form, not sledgingGutho puts million-dollar contract rumours to bed
Chambers has been dropped from the Sharks’ team for this weekend’s clash against Newcastle, although coach Josh Hannay said that was because of poor form, not because of his sledging.

https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Will+Chambers+sledging:+Cronulla+Sharks+centre+slammed+Matt+Lodge+over+criminal+history,+family&via=dailytelegraph&url=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/will-chambers-sledging-cronulla-sharks-centre-slammed-matt-lodge-over-criminal-history-family/news-story/c5a5dc463747b9f36a741cfc3628196a
If those quotes are accurate then Chambers is smarter than I gave him credit for. The reason the nrl has buried any audio is because the want to bury the fact they let Lodge play in the NRL after he did what he did.

And some around here were slating Chambers. Snowflakes, there’s finally a player who stands up and calls lodge out for the grub he is. Nothing wrong with getting personal if he’s only stating the truth.

Will should be commended for his first class sledging, play on.

Some grubby wanker calls another grubby wanker a grubby wanker.

And Kane, who is a dumb grubby wanker himself, reacts.

It just writes itself.

Chambers mouth doesn't seem to be winning them many matches...
Cronulla have slumped from seventh to 10th following consecutive losses to Manly and New Zealand, which both coincided with Chambers’ verbal battles, and are in a battle for a finals place.

Personally love a good sledge - that is short, sweet and effective and Never a Lodge fan....but Chambers is getting credit for dishing out verbal attacks, which would be fine, IF he could handle them back and it wasn't a 20 minute saga.
Soon as comments come back the other way, he looks like stressed Eric and his eyes are gunna pop out.
The good sledgers make their comment and it hits hard, then they get on with the game - Chambers is like that kid who has to have the last word and it screams of his own frustrations coming out and his own team mates and coaching staff pretty much go along with this 100%.
IF these dragged on sprays were helping change results and Cronulla were winning on the back of it, there may be an argument there is some positive effect , but I am yet to even see that.

Last edited:
No doubt or always has been a part of the game but Chambers just seemed totally out of control with his antics and for 2 weeks in succession . Just not on really and the extent of the personal attacks . Don "t watch a heap of footy but had the impression that Chambers was a reasonably disciplined player in past times , well certainly at the Storm and rep footy . Lost a lot of respect for Paul Kent and others defending him or generally condoning his sprays . Credit for Dylan Walker and Lodge for not over reacting . Certainly a wonderful example for the image of the game and enhancing the sport , Not .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12