Will we lose points for the sin bin?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There you go .... bringing facts in just to spoil a good argument .....

giphy.gif

Mountain out of a molehill. Yeah its unfortunate that the NRL official got it wrong, but mistakes happen, put some procedures to make sure it doesn't happen again and move on.

All this finger pointing and talk of losing points is just media trying to create drama...

We're not going to lose points coz doing so would be just the NRL adding to the drama.... surely they're not that stupid...... oh wait.....

When does the 10 minutes start to be timed? If two players are sin binned at the same time does the 10 minutes start when the first player is binned or the second player. Seems they can not be timed individually as it would favour team of the player binned first as they are being timed while the second player is being cautioned not in actual game time.

My understanding is a Sin Binning starts the second play is resumed after the player has been binned.

From what I’ve heard this morning the sideline official did not stop his watch when there was a video ref stoppage and if you see the coverage of frank ponsi talking to that official who was his showing him his stopwatch, so it would seem it’s been a human error on the part of the nrl
But in saying all that the nrl will do everything it can to dock manly the points, why can’t they just say they made a mistake

The thing is that she is not a nuetral host, the bias is just too obvious. At least Shirvo (despite being a die hard Manly supporter) was nuetral, and was only ever guilty of showing his excitement at times(barely), which the average supporter wouldnt have even noticed, when Manly were winning. She had her nose out of joint big time last night, and it was cringeworthy to be honest.

The thing is that she is not a nuetral host, the bias is just too obvious. At least Shirvo (despite being a die hard Manly supporter) was nuetral, and was only ever guilty of showing his excitement at times(barely), which the average supporter wouldnt have even noticed, when Manly were winning. She had her nose out of joint big time last night, and it was cringeworthy to be honest.
*Neutral. I let the first one go, but the OCD kicked in on the second one.

From what I’ve heard this morning the sideline official did not stop his watch when there was a video ref stoppage and if you see the coverage of frank ponsi talking to that official who was his showing him his stopwatch, so it would seem it’s been a human error on the part of the nrl
But in saying all that the nrl will do everything it can to dock manly the points, why can’t they just say they made a mistake

They wouldnt dare dock points for an NRL mistake when at the time those players returned Manly was leading 10-4, two tries to one and not one point was scored in the 1 minute 40 seconds in question. There must also be a question, already raised here as to why Walker was sin binned when he was the victim and threw no punches or even tried to grab and attacker. He may have said something to the other player, but that goes on throughout a football match. So why was he penalised. Api I understand. The League admin would face significant excrement in its face if it tries to penalise Manly. The time keeper allowed the players back on even despite the complaint by the Storm rep. What could a Manly rep have done once the players were sent on the field. Nothing, just like the reaction to the Storms complaint. This was a mistake, but one totally in the hands of the League. All they can do is apologise to the Storm, but point out that it made no difference to the score.

Why doesn’t the bunker run a timer like the NHL with power plays? It’s basically the same thing so just copy what they do exactly, problem solved.

All I hear on Silvertails 99% of the time are detrimental comments about the appearance of Rothfield, Zorba and Greenburg.

Yes but mainly about their collective incompetence not their looks (although to be fair there is some of that)

It’s just the way of the world mate.. I can tell you now that females judge males on their appearance also.

I know...it is just not something I am overly comfortable with.

I mean I have a daughter and whilst I know people will talk about them like this it is not something that I find overly comfortable....and not something that I would do

All I hear on Silvertails 99% of the time are detrimental comments about the appearance of Rothfield, Zorba and Greenburg.

Glad you reminded me. Now my feelings about Rothfield and Greenberg (I've got nothing personally against Zorba) is that....

Lockyer on Sunday footy show said that the NRL said to him that:

1. A replacement official was used and the regular one was away

2. He was on the phone getting clarity around sin bins and HIA as manly wanted clarity about getting Wright on as a free interchange

3. Whilst on the phone he forgot to stop the clock when the game clock was stopped during play (uate try review), resulting in an error.

Well great, an explanation, still a stuff up but now we know why.

However it makes the nrl look even more pathetic for immediately issuing a 'it's not our fault/responsibility' line.

Instead of saying 'we will look into it and issue a statement once we have all he facts' they have to act like 5yearolds and say 'it wasn't us, it was them' - truly pathetic

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4