Will we know before kick off?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will we know who's going or staying by next Friday

• Both staying

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Both going

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Foran staying DCE going

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • DCE staying Foran going

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Yes but is say's very little for the guy's involved in the club now or maybe it say's a lot?
It's pretty common in clubs of all levels for greats of the club to put their two bobs in. I don't think arko is offering nor is anyone asking him to come back and negotiate for the club. They're just talking to them to tug at the heart strings. Just like I'm sure Brisbane sub in a lockyer, Newcastle (the chief), parra (sterling, price etc.), Penrith (geyer).

They're appealing to the history that clubs like the titans and sharks don't have. I'm glad they love manly enough to talk about our club, its that kind of passion that sways people.

Joe Kelly is prob a very good negotiator (you don't work for Chelsea if you're not) but he doesn't have the back story to play the emotional card.

I guarantee if Arko and Quayle ran the NRL the system that allows these prima donnas to parade around would not be in place for a start.Good to see Quailey back in the game up at the Knights.Dont be surprised if that club really takes some serious steps forward in the next few years.

I find it sad that we have 2 go 2 Bozo and Arko whenever a problem arises at our club (great that they never turn us away) after all those 2 have done for us. They both should be entitled 2 relax and not get dragged into this.

It happens in all sports, the Houston Rockets in the nba called on the great hakeem olajuwon in helping sign dwight howard, if you have living legends of the game at your disposal you'd be crazy not to use it.

Don't forget, Bozo can also tell tales of the misery of leaving the Mighty Eagles for another club.

It happens in all sports, the Houston Rockets in the nba called on the great hakeem olajuwon in helping sign dwight howard, if you have living legends of the game at your disposal you'd be crazy not to use it.

I agree if we are trying 2 recruit a player but surely these guy's have been at our club long enough they either love it and want 2 stay or they don't. We shouldn't have 2 twist arms of players 2 stay. If we are in the position of having 2 twist arms of players 2 stay this isn't the club I started 2 support. Some people put Foran up as our next captain is this what we want from our next captain he isn't sure if he wants 2 be here.

According to James Hooper Bozo has stepped in to try and convince Foran to stay swayed by Matai and Snake but it appears only if DCE is gone. We had a dynasty at our finger tips in 2011 but thanks to Des and DCE's greed as well as Choc's, Foz, Matai and the Stewarts jealousy it all got blown apart. We should have been sitting on at least 2 or 3 premierships since 2011. Thanks a lot guys your greed and selfish petty squabbles killed the golden goose for all us Manly supporters.
The Dynasty should have started from 2007. The filthy scum cheated us out of that one and then it went awry at the beginning of 2009. We got back on track only to have ha$$ler **** us over and now all of this. Had we not had those issues we may have won 5 or 6 premierships from 2007-2014.

I agree if we are trying 2 recruit a player but surely these guy's have been at our club long enough they either love it and want 2 stay or they don't. We shouldn't have 2 twist arms of players 2 stay. If we are in the position of having 2 twist arms of players 2 stay this isn't the club I started 2 support. Some people put Foran up as our next captain is this what we want from our next captain he isn't sure if he wants 2 be here.
lol we have pretty **** facilities and are fairly under resourced. Penn said he would spend more but hasn't as yet invested in more resources for the football department. As a player or as a worker myself I think that would play a part. Compared to other teams we are a bit of a rabble. You can't expect people to be loyal when our club hasn't really evolved. At the end of the day its a workplace and those kind of things and support make a difference. You're pretty much arguing he should stay just for the culture and privilege of being manly which from a fans perspective we all hope for. But for a player that would be 1/3 of the equation. I think the average (less greedy players) would view a decision as 1/3 culture/fans/club 1/3 money/lifestyle 1/3 facilities/coach/ club direction.

If the money was similar the other 2 become more important

lol we have pretty **** facilities and are fairly under resourced. Penn said he would spend more but hasn't as yet invested in more resources for the football department. As a player or as a worker myself I think that would play a part. Compared to other teams we are a bit of a rabble. You can't expect people to be loyal when our club hasn't really evolved. At the end of the day its a workplace and those kind of things and support make a difference. You're pretty much arguing he should stay just for the culture and privilege of being manly which from a fans perspective we all hope for. But for a player that would be 1/3 of the equation. I think the average (less greedy players) would view a decision as 1/3 culture/fans/club 1/3 money/lifestyle 1/3 facilities/coach/ club direction.

Yep those ****ty facilities have held them back as players haven't they. I'm not arguing he should stay or go it is up 2 them but just don't **** everyone around and use bull**** excuses like facilities. These facilities and the support have turned them into International players so yeah na leave me out of the facilities being an issue it just doesn't stand up.

why are the poll answers not related to the question?

the answers should be yes, no and yes for only 1 of them

So.. Melbourne trot out greats such as Aaron Moule and Tony Martin .. Wests Tigers call on living legends what's his name and the bloke who used to play fullback .... the Titans,
Mark Miniciello maybe?? Help me out here

Yep those ****ty facilities have held them back as players haven't they. I'm not arguing he should stay or go it is up 2 them but just don't **** everyone around and use bull**** excuses like facilities. These facilities and the support have turned them into International players so yeah na leave me out of the facilities being an issue it just doesn't stand up.
not saying those are the reason or defending the general screwing around I was responding to a particular comment saying they should just be staying for the privilege of being at manly. And I was highlighting how a couple of friends that have played sport professionally used to approach their decisions. There is no doubt for any joe blow anywhere that the workplace plays a part in work decisions.

Fella's, before you throw things at me, hear me out. Lurker is 100% spot on here. You have had a champion team, but you live in the past. You can quote wins over my Eels, wooden spoons etc, but it's all in the past and a new dawn is coming. As I said to Mark the other day, I enjoy the battle between the Eels and Manly, always have and always will. But unless you are prepared to start planning for the future, ten years down the track and you will be where we have been. Trust me, it's no fun. Like all of you, I am so sick of hearing about will he won't he. Bring on Tuesday so everyone knows what's happening. OK, start shooting:)

not saying those are the reason or defending the general screwing around I was responding to a particular comment saying they should just be staying for the privilege of being at manly. And I was highlighting how a couple of friends that have played sport professionally used to approach their decisions. There is no doubt for any joe blow anywhere that the workplace plays a part in work decisions.

No 1 is saying they should just stay for the privilege (even though it is) If you are being offered say 800k - 1Mill per season and the strong potential of the captaincy and you need some mates 2 put an arm around you and convince you then I'm sorry these are not guy's I have particular affection for.

Fella's, before you throw things at me, hear me out. Lurker is 100% spot on here. You have had a champion team, but you live in the past. You can quote wins over my Eels, wooden spoons etc, but it's all in the past and a new dawn is coming. As I said to Mark the other day, I enjoy the battle between the Eels and Manly, always have and always will. But unless you are prepared to start planning for the future, ten years down the track and you will be where we have been. Trust me, it's no fun. Like all of you, I am so sick of hearing about will he won't he. Bring on Tuesday so everyone knows what's happening. OK, start shooting:)
Mate, planning for the future you say. Do you mean like bringing through young players like:
Tom Trbojevic
Jake Trbojevic
Peta Hiku
Clinton Gutherson
JSL
etc etc etc.
Got it, so we shouldn't do like parra have done for decades and show our good young blokes the door.

No 1 is saying they should just stay for the privilege (even though it is) If you are being offered say 800k - 1Mill per season and the strong potential of the captaincy and you need some mates 2 put an arm around you and convince you then I'm sorry these are not guy's I have particular affection for.
you don't actually know that is true other than what some hacks are saying. But both of them would have people they 'trust' telling them to do all sorts of things. Sorry Mavin but you've lost me. Welcome to the real world of professional sport. Learn to live with it because it isn't changing. Maybe it's because I follow the nfl where players chop and change a lot. But until one of them acts like a moron and bags us then I still think they love manly. But realistically no player anymore is going to put the club before themselves because no club (that should say no smart club) will put a player before the club. Its just the way it is. As fans we just follow the CLUB and follow the players so long as they never say anything bad about the club.

Even cherrys instagram posts though in the past week still have go manly lines in them so he's still saying the right stuff

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8