Will no fault stand down survive ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
YES. But when Snake was stood down there was no policy in place. Gallop just winged it. He was wrong to do so.
If, however, there is to be a 'no-fault' policy in the future I'm suggesting that it does provide an automatic (four?) game suspension for a player charged with a serious offence. There can be little argument with this as the player definitely has given rugby league a bad name by being charged.
After he serves his suspension he is then entitled to return playing until his fate is determined by a legal court.

Yeah Gallop did do that one on the fly didn't he. But while Greenturd claimed that they learned from things like that, its been very obvious that they didn't learn a damn thing.

You know, I don't have a problem with the policy if its for something major such as what JDB (rape) or Manase Fainu (stabbing) have been charged with. But I do fully agree that unless they have been remanded in custody and simply can't play then it should be no more than 4 games. What I can't cop is the "discretionary powers" part they have added because it leaves it wide open to interpretation and basically the whim of one person (who has proven so untrustworthy its not funny) and as we've seen with both Dylan Walker and Maika Sivo both being charged with assaults on women, the outcome can be vastly different. Walks was stood down for 9 games while Sivo was free to play. And not to mention Curtis Scott who was free to play despite assaulting two on-duty police officers during a drunken new years eve bender.

As usual ... our Silvertails posters are ahead of the curve ... Buzzit'syourshout .. reports in the tele today that the RLPA still has an ongoing challenge to the stand down policy awaiting arbitration ..

Apparently challenge rests on the fact that in the players collective bargaining agreeent ,, the NRL was supposed to consult with the RLPA on any rule changes ...

Perhaps the talented and "special" @globaleagle could find a way to post the story ??

PSSS ... can somebody please let @HappilyManly know that self isolation does not mean staying 6 feet away from her computer ....
Haven 't noticed posts from previous regular and good value contributors such as Batty , Piayz [ i think ] Zimbilist for quite some time now also , even Brad Anyway , could be a range of reasons as usual but naturally hope that things are O K for them in general , Be a shame if Snake stays of the forum too Alternatively ,. always good to notice new posters as well .

The rule will hopefully go with greenberg. The new honcho will review it , and discard it

The rule will hopefully go with greenberg. The new honcho will review it , and discard it
I'm really not sure why so many of you think the rule will go.
When the game restarts, will there be fewer companies in a position to pay sponsorships, and the game will be even more sensitive (not less sensitive!) to any bad publicity that could threaten those sponsorships.
In addition there'll be massive competition among the population at large for jobs of any kind, player pay will be lower, and presumably the bargaining position of players in general will be weaker.
The main criticism of the current system is the ridiculous 'absolute discretion' Greenberg has wielded for lower level crimes and misdemeanours. That has to change but I'll be surprised if the system is scrapped beyond that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8