Will no fault stand down survive ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
A judge on appeal, has cleared NRL star Zane Musgrove and former reserve grader Liam Coleman of indecent assault after finding reasonable doubt the pair groped a woman in a Sydney bar .

Whilst I have no doubt that Rugby League has it's share of arsseholes ... as I am also certain that there are a few women about a pickle short of a picnic

I am not certain that we can continue to severly damage young men's short careers without having their day in court ...

Snake, Walker, Josh Reynolds, now Musgrove and Coleman have all now been either not guilty .. or that insufficient evidence existed ....

A judge on appeal, has cleared NRL star Zane Musgrove and former reserve grader Liam Coleman of indecent assault after finding reasonable doubt the pair groped a woman in a Sydney bar .

Whilst I have no doubt that Rugby League has it's share of arsseholes ... as I am also certain that there are a few women about a pickle short of a picnic

I am not certain that we can continue to severly damage young men's short careers without having their day in court ...

Snake, Walker, Josh Reynolds, now Musgrove and Coleman have all now been either not guilty .. or that insufficient evidence existed ....
Definitely has seemed some preference to or giving the impression of [ and probably in essence superficially ] protecting the game "s image from League administrators previously over the basic rights of some N R L players . Bit hard again to categorize the level or serious nature of some of the alleged incidents but in many cases the stand down imposition has seemed excessive .

Josh Reynolds was never stood down anyway

No .. but, I refered to his case because it does demonstrate the fact that there are a few women out there that are either opportunistic ... or a pickle shy of a big mac ... and that it is bettr to have their claims tested by a court of law ..

IMO there are 2 issues - the legality of the no fault stand down rule (I suspect someone somewhere down the line will be able to successfully sue the NRL for a LOT of $$$$ if they hire a good enough lawyer) & the inconsistency with which it is applied e.g. Dylan Walker stood down until he was cleared, Curtis Scott not stood down.

Someone get woodsie a pickle ffs!

I was surprised it was found legal by some apparently smart types but I don't think this rule should be in place.

And didn't some souths yobbo play in a GF with an actual court case hanging over him? Prob pays to keep quiet in the future

oh and not be a knobhead

'pickle'

If De belin is found not guilty the NRL will have to retreat from its current stance as the damages suit will be enormous.

And didn't some souths yobbo play in a GF with an actual court case hanging over him? Prob pays to keep quiet in the future
It was Auva'a, charged with domestic violence ... and he had already pleaded guilty!! Yet still allowed to play

However I reckon they will keep the automatic stand down in place, and probably just put a bit more transparency into the discretionary stand downs for lesser charges/no charges. I doubt the league will think its a good time to relax any player behaviour protocols. If anything, the opposite!

The rule will never be properly and fairly adjudicated and not taken seriously while that bald headed c&$t is still looking players in the eye and making a decision based on which club they do or don’t play for .the facts speak for themselves
As that tosser said “consistency is overrated “ and he is consistently inconsistent
all the ills and roots of everything that is wrong with RL can be traced back to the serpent running it.
Cut the serpents head off !!
#getridofgreenburg

You have to ask yourself in cases like this, what sort of investigation are the police and the DPP conducting when video evidence shows nothing untoward happened yet they proceed to lay charges, as happened with Snake.?
It could be perceived that a NRL player is a prize scalp

You have to ask yourself in cases like this, what sort of investigation are the police and the DPP conducting when video evidence shows nothing untoward happened yet they proceed to lay charges, as happened with Snake.?

Or ... they are afraid of being accused of special treatment if they don't prosecute ... either way .. society worked out long ago that the best solution was to adopt the innocent until proven guilty principle ...

Certainly the situation where you have one unqualified and vested person making decisions on peoples careers, without all the evidence, based on commercial criteria, and without any oversight or accountability .. was never a position any of our law makers would have deemed acceptable ...

The only thing you need to understand is that even if the Police investigate and even think they can't win a case, they are obliged to follow through with court proceeding's if the complainant wish the case to proceed. So the NRL issue with their no fault stand down is that they will only hear the charges, the player will plead not guilty but would be instructed to make no comment till court from his lawyer. So conceptually this is a very flawed process or action by the NRL. I would suspect it won't be long before someone sues for restraint of trade and loss of earning potential. At the end of the day a 2 year break from the NRL in most part is an end of a career.

Or ... they are afraid of being accused of special treatment if they don't prosecute ... either way .. society worked out long ago that the best solution was to adopt the innocent until proven guilty principle ...

Certainly the situation where you have one unqualified and vested person making decisions on peoples careers, without all the evidence, based on commercial criteria, and without any oversight or accountability .. was never a position any of our law makers would have deemed acceptable ...
Probably too easy for the League to invoke or incorporate the ' Bringing the game into disrepute " provision or clause to justify [ or try to ] most stand down rulings or decisions .

Probably too easy for the League to invoke or incorporate the ' Bringing the game into disrepute " provision or clause to justify [ or try to ] most stand down rulings or decisions .

The league cannot invoke a bring the game into disrepute claus if you haven't been proven guilty of the charges .... that is the whole point ... these people are saying they are not guilty ...

It is why fainu has not been stood down by Manly ...

The minute a rule or policy, is policed by one person (especially a corrupt one),and that person can apply discretionary powers over that rule/policy, it becomes exactly what we have seen 'a circus'.

Some of these players have been stood down for bringing the game into disrepute.... so now as a RL fan I ask the following;

* Toddy for the past 3 years has shown that the NRL has made a certain profit, however, it has been alleged, that he has not paid into the players retirement fund. Apart from Toddy's $1.5 mil in salaries he gets performance bonuses. Has Toddy misled the public and the NRL's position to obtain a larger bonus for himself and his mates at head office?

Is there any reason why Toddy hasn't been stood down for bringing the game into disrepute by this allegation?

Has Toddy tried to gain a financial advantage by deception with performance bonuses by not declaring the real realised profit?

Just as the players may bring the game into disrepute, so can the administrators; as they are not immune from such behaviour.

In my view a policy must be fair, consistent and have more than one person making decisions. If that cannot be afforded get rid of the policy/rule all together. The term 'fair' should also include, not giving a person excessive powers that they could never possess in such an environment, or in that capacity.

The league cannot invoke a bring the game into disrepute claus if you haven't been proven guilty of the charges .... that is the whole point ... these people are saying they are not guilty ...
“But I’m not guilty,” said K. “there’s been a mistake. How is it even possible for someone to be guilty? We’re all human beings here, one like the other.” “That is true” said the priest “but that is how the guilty speak”
― Franz Kafka, The Trial

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8