Will Keppie be collateral damage?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Keppie has played only a few games of first grade. I can't see him being moved on.
He will have next year at Manly to prove his worth for the seasons after. If fit I would be naming him on the bench.

In saying that i hope he develops and stays with us long term. Tough and doesn't seem to injury prone.

I would move on Paseka who can demand more coin/attention this post season.

Keppie has played only a few games of first grade. I can't see him being moved on.
He will have next year at Manly to prove his worth for the seasons after. If fit I would be naming him on the bench.

In saying that i hope he develops and stays with us long term. Tough and doesn't seem to injury prone.

I would move on Paseka who can demand more coin/attention this post season.
Move Paseka on :rofl:......

Has Manly ever had more front row depth than we seem to have right now? Admittedly some are a bit skinny in NRL experience but that didn't stop Keppie who just about leapt to the head of the queue in the space of 2 games.

If Marty and AFB can stay healthy for most of the season then the next 4 cabs off the rank will be in one gigantic tussle to make NRL, resulting in Manly fielding a powerhouse pack nearly every week. Which is a huge head start on a top 4 finish.

Injuries and suspensions being what they are, there will be ample opportunity for each to show their wares. Come finals time it will simply be a case of who is fit, just as it was last year.

I am a big Keppie fan. I saw him play a few games at Blacktown last year and he was the standout forward on the park. I thought he was also our standout forward in recent semi's. This kid is impressive and I think a real stayer. But the thing I really like about the bloke is his enthusiasm and energy on the park. He literally does not shut up, always has plenty to say to his team mates and to the opposition players. Great personality. Reminds me dare I say of a young Blocker Roach. Yes yes I know that's a hell of a comparison. Will be on bench sooner rather than later.

I get your points...but if he continues to show the improvement he is showing he will need to be upgraded from the $72K he is on(and lets face it,he will be attracting offers significantly north of that).
Des may want to keep him and saying that Des will keep him if he wants to is a nice idea,but as we know there is a salary cap and if Des wants to keep him then others may have to be moved on and that is the question......He looks like a guy who really wants to play NRL level and he only left the Eels because he wanted that chance.
Darcy Lussick was a good young talent but got offered good money and the chance to be a regular first grader.....

Maybe you could give him Darcy's phone no in Canada so he can ask him how that worked out>

@globaleagle would probably say that it worked out just fine.

ken'oath! Send Keppie over!

Darcy was pretty good, but I think he can just be so much better...I dunno. I usually gave him a hard time in my 'in-game' commentary - mainly because of the penalties.

That said, if (edit - when) Keppie becomes a star for Manly, happy I shall be.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4