Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Will Keppie be collateral damage?

Dankseagles

Keppie has played only a few games of first grade. I can't see him being moved on.
He will have next year at Manly to prove his worth for the seasons after. If fit I would be naming him on the bench.

In saying that i hope he develops and stays with us long term. Tough and doesn't seem to injury prone.

I would move on Paseka who can demand more coin/attention this post season.

madmax

Keppie has played only a few games of first grade. I can't see him being moved on.
He will have next year at Manly to prove his worth for the seasons after. If fit I would be naming him on the bench.

In saying that i hope he develops and stays with us long term. Tough and doesn't seem to injury prone.

I would move on Paseka who can demand more coin/attention this post season.
Move Paseka on :rofl:......

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
Boyle will come good. Give him a pre season under des and donny. He'll be pushing for a spot in our 17 every week mark my words.
I agree .... but so will Paseka and Keppie ..... in my opinion they will all be contenders .... just think both Keppie and Paseka have higher potential .... let the best young mongrels win ....

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Has Manly ever had more front row depth than we seem to have right now? Admittedly some are a bit skinny in NRL experience but that didn't stop Keppie who just about leapt to the head of the queue in the space of 2 games.

If Marty and AFB can stay healthy for most of the season then the next 4 cabs off the rank will be in one gigantic tussle to make NRL, resulting in Manly fielding a powerhouse pack nearly every week. Which is a huge head start on a top 4 finish.

Injuries and suspensions being what they are, there will be ample opportunity for each to show their wares. Come finals time it will simply be a case of who is fit, just as it was last year.

Mark from Brisbane

Living the dream
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
IMO He's shown more in a couple of first grade games then Boyle, Sipley and Pasaka.

He has youth on this side.

There is healthy competition for game time and may the best man win.

You can't afford to let your good young ones go.
Iโ€™d have him any day before those three!!

Manly Tragic

Tragic
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
We finally have some depth and we are already talking about who to get rid of before season kick off. The players deserve the opportunity to impress letโ€™s sit back and see how they go.

silvereagle

I am a big Keppie fan. I saw him play a few games at Blacktown last year and he was the standout forward on the park. I thought he was also our standout forward in recent semi's. This kid is impressive and I think a real stayer. But the thing I really like about the bloke is his enthusiasm and energy on the park. He literally does not shut up, always has plenty to say to his team mates and to the opposition players. Great personality. Reminds me dare I say of a young Blocker Roach. Yes yes I know that's a hell of a comparison. Will be on bench sooner rather than later.

StuBoot

2019 Tipping Competitor
I get your points...but if he continues to show the improvement he is showing he will need to be upgraded from the $72K he is on(and lets face it,he will be attracting offers significantly north of that).
Des may want to keep him and saying that Des will keep him if he wants to is a nice idea,but as we know there is a salary cap and if Des wants to keep him then others may have to be moved on and that is the question......He looks like a guy who really wants to play NRL level and he only left the Eels because he wanted that chance.
Darcy Lussick was a good young talent but got offered good money and the chance to be a regular first grader.....
Maybe you could give him Darcy's phone no in Canada so he can ask him how that worked out>

Staff online

Latest posts

Top Bottom