Will Keppie be collateral damage?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This would be the 2 props I would carry on our bench.

Imo I think Sipley is the best of our interchange props. He is the big body Des loves coming off the bench and is very difficult to handle. Look for him to have his break out year in 2020 after a big off-season.

Keppie would be the 2nd with his early showings. Can hit hard in defence and has the eyes of a young bull carting the ball back. Was always big wraps on this kid and really stood up when called into the 17.

Paseka just misses out. He is developing into a great young player but is a bit of a slow burner. I see him as a Brent Kite type of prop. Just need time but he will get there.

Boyle sit well back in the pecking order. A very handy back up off the bench but very hard to get him in this team at the moment. Another big body Des loves but just needs a big off-season with conditioning and regain confidence after his injuries.

Great to have some real depth now in this position.

Surely he takes Perrett's spot and gets an upgrade ?? I'm mindful that he has only played a couple of games and not to get carried away, but I liked how he wasn't overawed and how he plays with a real energy, like he really enjoyed it. Worth an upgrade for sure. You can never have too may props and we could run with 3 on the bench - and there will always be one injured. I'd have Paseka ahead of him on potential but Keppie is on par with Boyle and Sipley

Surely he takes Perrett's spot and gets an upgrade ?? I'm mindful that he has only played a couple of games and not to get carried away, but I liked how he wasn't overawed and how he plays with a real energy, like he really enjoyed it. Worth an upgrade for sure. You can never have too may props and we could run with 3 on the bench - and there will always be one injured. I'd have Paseka ahead of him on potential but Keppie is on par with Boyle and Sipley

I didn't realise that Perrett is only 24!

end of wonderment

Yes surely Keppie at least takes Perrett’s spot, that is if we aren’t re-signing Perrett ( I bloody hope not).

I’d be doing all I can to keep Keppie,looks the goods.Not sure what Boyle did to deserve such a contract.Paseka is the unknown of the pack.Could be absolutely anything or could just be another Tony Williams.Hopefully he realises his potential.Clubs need 5-6 good front rowers anyway

I might get howled down here but I wouldn't have been so quick to re sign jetski.
But I shant be second guessing Sir Desmond

We need to have 6 props of first grade quality in our squad of 30. Starting 2020, we have Taupau,AFB,Paseka, Sipley & Boyle. Seems like Keppie is next. All other names being thrown around like Fainu & Saddler have to use 2020 as their grounding for 2021. These guys haven't got out of Flegg yet. I know Saddler has had a game in the reggies but they still have a season to go before they are ready. At least.

Have to see what happens next season after the testing week to week grind in the N R L front row engine room but Keppie gives every impression that he can perform well for that level already . Just the way it will be next season with some very competitive jostling for prop i st grade selection after A F B and Marty and then before any prop retention matters may come into play . .

Zac Sadder no 10 for Waterloo in the Koori knockout on now.

* Apparently not no 10 but he's playing in this match somewhere.

Apparently.
** Actually it's their opponents Walgett.
Well I was close...

Last edited:
Absolute MUST to resign this kid, could be anything if he keeps working hard, from his few opportunities Keppie is FG material no doubt.
Des will find a way to keep him no worries at all about that.

Yeah he looked good in his 3 nrl games.
He find his front and get quick play the ball and great technique in defence.
Club be aware he good talent given we poached him from squeels.
There be money there i assume.
No salary cap expert but we have let go of api (500k) and gained 325k from penalties. I imagine both thommo and walker stayed for probably 50 to 60k less and perrett who was on over 300k i believe goes along with elgy on 250k deal and hodkinson on around 200k.
I say we be 1.2 million in kitty however josh schuster i say would have taken elgy salary effectively.
Tommy and jake imo will be 2 million between them.

Keppie was beast mode in 2 games.... tough finals games at that. He must stay. He has already proved himself. Most dudes in the position of coming in for 2 finals games would barely be able to hold their own. Keppie did so much more than that. It's a no brainer to keep him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4