Will Keppie be collateral damage?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
AFB and Marty signed until 2022
Paseka,Boyle and Sipley signed until 2021
Keppie with a **** load of potential is signed until 2020
I did not predict it but with Marty extending it may be likely (Keppie)will have to be moved on........Lots of young talent coming through ....(Saddler/Titmuss/Fainu/Tuitavake )
Can we afford him and should we move on others to accomodate him?

He is a good young talent. Will have next year to push for a permanent bench spot.

While is isn't in the top 17, he is probably 1 or 2 forwards injury away.

Id say our bench next year will be Paeseka, Boyle, Jetski and utility (Cust?).

The other things is one of the desperado clubs throw silly coin at him.

I get your points...but if he continues to show the improvement he is showing he will need to be upgraded from the $72K he is on(and lets face it,he will be attracting offers significantly north of that).
Des may want to keep him and saying that Des will keep him if he wants to is a nice idea,but as we know there is a salary cap and if Des wants to keep him then others may have to be moved on and that is the question......He looks like a guy who really wants to play NRL level and he only left the Eels because he wanted that chance.
Darcy Lussick was a good young talent but got offered good money and the chance to be a regular first grader.....

I've just posed the question in another thread does Marty potentially offer more benefit to the team moving him to an edge?

A big part of that is how good our other Props are going.

Keppie was so impressive, and on the big stage, he needs to be wrapped up and developed.

AFB is our No 1.

Sipley, Tent, and Boyle can do just as good a job up front as Marty in short burst.

Marty is a special talent but at times I feel he is wasted being a battering ram.

I see benefit in expanding Marty's game to again returning to an edge, following a Sam Burgess role.

The person whose minutes get reduced to accommodate is Jake.

Managing players work loads to be in better shape at the back end of the season, is the reason Rooster are the GF this year and not Melbourne.

Bring on the 2020 GF;-)

Id want to keep him and lets be realistic he has only played 2 games. He looks a real star but a 2 game rookie will hardly break the bank to re sign. If manly are smart theyll offer him an extended upgraded deal early before his price gets too high. Offer him 200k a yr for a further 2 years and he'd sign. Let him prove himself beyond that

I've just posed the question in another thread does Marty potentially offer more benefit to the team moving him to an edge?

A big part of that is how good our other Props are going.

Keppie was so impressive, and on the big stage, he needs to be wrapped up and developed.

AFB is our No 1.

Sipley, Tent, and Boyle can do just as good a job up front as Marty in short burst.

Marty is a special talent but at times I feel he is wasted being a battering ram.

I see benefit in expanding Marty's game to again returning to an edge, following a Sam Burgess role.

The person whose minutes get reduced to accommodate is Jake.

Managing players work loads to be in better shape at the back end of the season, is the reason Rooster are the GF this year and not Melbourne.

Bring on the 2020 GF;-)

No! Not like Sam Burgess. Are you suggesting we need to give him an Opal pass to get to the judiciary each week?

2 things - we don’t know what sort of coin Marty resigned for, it could have been a reduction on his previous contract

Keppie still has to prove himself, 2 games is not enough

Sorry 3rd thing - think Boyle is there for size, think he is a big body when we need one (and isn’t he one of our other players cousin, Garrick or Elliott)

Des now has a good understanding of the roster he inherited and will complement the makeup going forward :happy:

I like the mixture of experienced and stable personalty types in Chez, Jorge, Joel, Marty.

The young established players in Turbo, Jurbo, AFB, Siro, Walks.

Then there are the newbies to NRL in 2019 :happy:

The off season will be much more effective as most of our squad has had a taste of NRL and will push hard for their own selection :)

Wish it was March, 2020 already :D

No brainer- Keppie looks a real firebrand who is the perfect bench in the modern game.....brings tough energetic plays both in attack and defence and already jumped a few imo.
Its more up to Boyle, Paseka and Sipley to show their worth as I reckon he is ahead of them after only 2 games....

Keppie will be a stating prop within 6 months .... sell Boyle, Sipley and Marty ..... but ffs ..... keep Keppie .....

Disclaimer ..... I don't think Boyle or Sipley are not worthwhile props .... but Keppie showed more in one game than they have in a year ....

Keppie will be a stating prop within 6 months .... sell Boyle, Sipley and Marty ..... but ffs ..... keep Keppie .....

Disclaimer ..... I don't think Boyle or Sipley are not worthwhile props .... but Keppie showed more in one game than they have in a year ....
Disagree with the sell Marty but otherwise agree 120%

Last edited:
Keppie could be a crowed favourite in future, if not already after just 2 games, if faced with upgrading I would let Boyle and if need be Paseka go but that also depends how they all go through the off season / pre season and whether early form resembles the two games he has played.
Injuries may also play their part.... God help us

.... and while I am pontificating ...... Paseka is also the other keeper ..... remember it took AFB over 2 1/2 years to nail down a starting position .... paseka is on the same trajectory ..... his improvement isn't dramatic ... but it is steady ...

AFB and Marty subbed by Keppie and Paseka will be a formidable force next year .....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4