Will Jake stifle Schuster?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I presume ( hopefully) the Shoe will be starting six in 2021. The man has some great attributes and can put people into gaps and create chances the likes we have not seen since Cliffy.
Watching the way Des has got Jake ball playing, while sometimes ok, all too often it is slow, clunky and upsets the flow. With a player like Josh in the team our slow team and slow ball movement will hinder him more than help in 2021. Obviously Jake is better with Turbo on the field, as he is always sniffing around for a short ball and adds speed to the backline but as many say Jake could be better served as a genuine prop with occasional ball skills and A1 defence.

The reason Jake plays first receiver is to allow the playmakers to play wider. Des isn’t the only coach who does this, a number of teams do. I think the lack of a quality 9 has also influenced this tactic. If Foz plays 9 I can see Des trusting him to consistently hit DCE and Shoe with long balls form dummy half and Jake’s ball playing would be. Used as a point of difference rather than the norm.

Probably one of the most altered playing positions for decades with the 13 or lock role .in recent seasons . May be some move for Jake to revert to prop with no high profile props likely to be recruited now . Not sure how Siro may go there even though he has had some past experience as a 6 and a pivot role .Not a lot of options in the club roster now to handle the 13 role and if Jake goes back to prop Again . Haumole played at 13 for the 20 "s but every indication more suited as a running forward . no doubt will be more clear into next year .

I think its more a case of playing to strengths to avoid weakness as far as a lot of our play this year was concerned. Jake out of necessity in Des eyes had to play as he did and also in middle because the wider we went the less strength we had. With Shu Foran in the halves and 9 with Cust 14, Walker to center we may see better use of Jake and longer balls to find the halves.

I presume ( hopefully) the Shoe will be starting six in 2021. The man has some great attributes and can put people into gaps and create chances the likes we have not seen since Cliffy.
Watching the way Des has got Jake ball playing, while sometimes ok, all too often it is slow, clunky and upsets the flow. With a player like Josh in the team our slow team and slow ball movement will hinder him more than help in 2021. Obviously Jake is better with Turbo on the field, as he is always sniffing around for a short ball and adds speed to the backline but as many say Jake could be better served as a genuine prop with occasional ball skills and A1 defence.
Spot on mate

I think its more a case of playing to strengths to avoid weakness as far as a lot of our play this year was concerned. Jake out of necessity in Des eyes had to play as he did and also in middle because the wider we went the less strength we had. With Shu Foran in the halves and 9 with Cust 14, Walker to center we may see better use of Jake and longer balls to find the halves.
Maybe, but Des at the dogs koved slow forwards at first and second receiver.

And yet all the plans of mice and Silvertail's analysists rest on Dessie coming to grips with the less structured nature and pace of the modern game ....

Individual talents and abilities, however interesting to discuss ... will be secondary to what sort of football the team will play ...

This is one area where I believe Foran has the potential to excel ... he is a footballer first and an athlete second ...as is Jake, who I believe will also excel given a pure play what you see role ...

And yet all the plans of mice and Silvertail's analysists rest on Dessie coming to grips with the less structured nature and pace of the modern game ....

Individual talents and abilities, however interesting to discuss ... will be secondary to what sort of football the team will play ...

This is one area where I believe Foran has the potential to excel ... he is a footballer first and an athlete second ...as is Jake, who I believe will also excel given a pure play what you see role ...
Yes, but does he have it in him?
Jake reminds me a bit of Des in defence actually. A tenacious defender who used to say sorry to those he just tackled. Jake gets up almost caressing the tackled player as if to make sure he is alright. Then gives away a six again becuase of it.

Maybe, but Des at the dogs koved slow forwards at first and second receiver.
Unlike this year , Des has a full off season to rethink his approach, a different game.
I know all teams had to endure the same rule changes and such a dynamic shift in the game this year but I strongly believe some teams were at a disadvantage after round 2 when the changed the game due to personal and the way they were to play and trained during the off season. We obviously one of them
Just my thoughts

Imagine if Tom, Walker, Suli, Foran, Schuster, DCE are able to stay fit, uninjured & play to their potential next season......same with our forwards line up! Marty, Paseka, Keppie, Siro, Olakau’atu, possibly Garner, Davey, Sione, Saddler.........hopefully Manase back. No player issues or boardroom dramas. We should be right up there!!!!!! Cannot wait for next season. I’m feeling good right now for sure.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4