• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
Dont get me wrong i think Scott Penn was very proffesional in todays press conference as was Tooves. But my questions is, why isnt David Perry doing the press conference ? He is our COO, if David isnt going to be involved with all of this why doesnt Scott just become CEO ?

My guess would be that the decision was made by the Board, and therefore Penn as the Chairman of the Board answers for the decision.

I think reasons why David Perry didn't do the media conference was this issue was are serious matter that Scott Penn had to deal with. Look's more professional that the CEO does the sacking! :)

Scott Penn is doing a fantastic job, i would see value and many benefits of him becoming CEO, i may be wrong, but he stodd very firm !

The board took the decision and as Chairman of the board, Penn did the conference. That's how it works. The CEO answers to the board. Get off the hate Perry train boys, it's already left the station. All power to Toovs and let's all just get behind the TEAM. Those that support Des, can now go to Canterbury.

Scott Penn is Chairman of the board of the Sea Eagles.

The CEO (Or in our case the COO) reports to the board of the Sea Eagles.

The decision regarding Des was made by the board and Scott, as Chairman of it, would be the most appropriate person to make any statement on the decision.

All sounds good to me-professional.

Leaving all the emotion and conspiracy theories out, it's a pretty cut and dried business decision moving forward.

An end to the BS

David Perry is not the problem. Maybe his predecessor Graham Lowe erred by allowing his close friend Des Hasler to have so much control over player negotiations and the like when it should be the CEO's job. Lowe resigns and Perry is then hired to do a job, and in doing so tries to ensure that each job is being carried out by the right people. ie: the coach coaches, the recruitment officer spots talent and the contract negotiations are his (the COO) job. Hasler doesn't like this and chucks a tantrum, taking his bat and ball and runs off to the bulldogs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4