WHY YOU NEED TO VOTE FOR BRENTON

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ellakasmar

Reserve Grader
Brenton Lawrence has been nominated for the 2016 Ken Stephen Medal.

Nominated back in 2014 for the same award, Lawrence wasn't able to take out the title. However, being nominated yet again, he has been given another chance.

In addition to the charity works Brenton Lawrence has been involved in through the Sea Eagles, he has gone out of his way to share awareness of the autism spectrum.

As well as his incredible work with Autism Spectrum Australia, Lawrence has been involved in campaigning for White Ribbon, promoting the end to domestic violence, and Wild Animal Encounters, advocating wildlife conservation.

To hear more about his work check it out here: http://m.nrl.com/kenstephenmedal/tabid/11499/default.aspx

The criteria for being nominated for this medal include:

* Player must demonstrate their significant/unique contribution to the community through Rugby League.
* Player must demonstrate their NRL values of excellence, courage, inclusiveness and teamwork.
* Player must have a history of donating their own time to assist community organisations outside of regular Club commitments as well as empathy with the community.

Looking at the criteria, Brenton Lawrence is the perfect candidate for the award. Personally, seeing the way he interacts with fans and anyone he meets epitomises the spirit that has made him utterly deserve the Ken Stephen Medal.

Through everything that he has done, not once has Lawrence asked for recognition, however he truly deserves it. Succumbing to injury and ultimately ruling him out for the remainder of the 2016 season was devastating for Brenton Lawrence after the outstanding form he was in. So, please vote for him for the 2016 Ken Stephen Medal to put a smile on his face and reward him for the incredible work he does off the field.

Vote here: http://m.nrl.com/kenstephenmedal/tabid/11499/default.aspx

Sorry but when such an award is based on a popularity contest, the club with the largest fan base will win.
This award should be judged by experts. It's a sham - but nothing we shouldn't expect from the NRL.

Sorry but when such an award is based on a popularity contest, the club with the largest fan base will win.
This award should be judged by experts. It's a sham - but nothing we shouldn't expect from the NRL.
Agree it's a team popularity contest and should be judged by experts. Some donkey, bunny, dog or recently popular cowboy will win based on this click job.
But of course went in and voted for Brenton. Great work Brenton and go the Mighty Sea Eagles!
I thought The Plane would be nominated for the tireless work he's done for the Gold Coast Community in the past week?

Sadly you are dead right, us with a small membership/fan base will never get a player across the line, but don't worry @ellakasmar I'm going to vote right now.

AND, be careful not to leave the "Lots of Spam from the NRL" box ticked, click on it to untick ( there would be thousands that leave it ticked)!!

Great bloke. Met him with my 6yr old when the boys were up on bris prior to playing the Broncs. Spoke to us for ages took photos. Just seems like a down to earth guy.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2