Why we don't need Kieran Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The players must be having a great laugh at the panic shown around here.

The playing and coaching staff don't live in the same fantasy world inhabited by so many of us fans. They are well aware of the realities of professional sport. Contracts start and finish, players and coaches come and go. In fact, the turnover of personnel each year is actually the norm rather than the exception.

We'd like Kieran Foran to stay, we want him to stay. But we don't need him.

There is a difference.Get a grip, people.

I think it's more about how it's happening, than what is happening. Well thats what's upsetting to me.

Hasler and Greenberg obviously devised a strategy while hasler was still our coach. And it's all coming to a head now, which it what it was always going to do.

What if he is just considering offers, as he claims? No conspiracy. An in-demand player wrestling with a decision?

'Obviously devised a strategy' ... Really? and even if that was true, it won't work if Foran wants to stay with us.

Not all strategies come off. And would obviously be great for manly.

It's not all about the conspiracy, some of it is facts. It's kinda plain to see.

For fans, it's hard to accept that the loyalty we show isn't always replicated by players and coaches, that been said, obviously it's professional sports and shakedowns will happen, we can't really judge the individual, but we sure as hell can judge, how it is handled and criticise the system that allows stuff like this to detract from the great spectacle which is rugby league. A trade window, an embargo on how far out players can be approached by rival clubs and the involvement of shonky player agents.

Taking your argument further SER8, the Bulldogs certainly need Foran more than Manly needs Foran. For Bulldogs read Hasler.

Without something to show for the money thrown at him, they may well ditch him by around 2014-15.

I agree. If he were leaving for, say, the Warriors I wouldn't mind at all.

It's the thought of anyone else going to the Dogs that pisses me off.

Actually, not even the Dogs really. Just Des.

I think we want to keep Foran not just for the great player he is but more for denying that scum club and Judas getting their hands on him.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
waits for the Media to see your post
Manly fans dont want Foran LOL

Quite possible BE, but wouldn't that be preferable to the alternative?

"'FANS FLIP OUT AMID FEAR FOZ HAS FLOWN - Distraught Manly fans are in a flap, their world is crashing down, they are in shock, anger and rage, accusing Hasler of this and that, woe is us, they wail shriek and howl …"

Hey we might lose the odd player but let's try to retain some dignity :D

Dignity is a funny word to use in all this. I think des' s dignity will come under more scrutiny than any angry fans..

Before it looked that foz might not be here, I was thinking come 2014 when killer and king had retired or whatever, that he would probably be our next captain.. I winder if that was thrown into the mix in negotiations?

I do agree though, it's not the end of the world, we were always going to struggle to keep everyone.. It's a symptom of success.

why we don't need anyone...

if they don't want to play for us... then we don't need them. simple really.
regardless of who they are. the sun will still rise each morning without them.

We have come through bigger issues then the signing of Foz.
Foz said he wanted to Captain Manly one day sure, but to him his career or income is a bigger deal, fair enough thats his choice and im not going to judge him on it but hurry up and sign so I can move on with what could be Manlys Golden Period. With or without him.

Eye of the Eagle,

This is the only way Tooves played the game and very soon he will have his loyal troops doing the same VERY SOON.

Happy days for the mighty Eagles ahead and for 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7CaiWxKYBo

2012 eye of the EAGLE

joeboy said:
Before it looked that foz might not be here, I was thinking come 2014 when killer and king had retired or whatever, that he would probably be our next captain.. I winder if that was thrown into the mix in negotiations?

I think both sides would have said they see Foran as a future captain. He looks to me like a natural to be captain of a NRL side in a few years. I would like it to be with us of course, but I'm becoming more and more resigned to losing him as each passing day goes by.

manlyfan76 said:
such bad acting, the fight coeregrapher must have been on work experience.

I would rather those hay makers my Manly friend then the hay makers the board room are doing at the moment yea.

Manly 13+ against the doggies and a solid tip that we will keep No6 and no1,

We will survive we are Manly

"'FANS FLIP OUT AMID FEAR FOZ HAS FLOWN - Distraught Manly fans are in a flap, their world is crashing down, they are in shock, anger and rage, accusing Hasler of this and that, woe is us, they wail shriek and howl …"

I have a 15 year old daughter who is doing all of the above...not happy at all. :(

I reckon we have a great potential captain in DCE, he's a great little player, a good organiser, marketable and very media savy.

Lets hope he follows Tooves example and remains a one club player.

Kieran Foran is our best player. He is as close to a necessity that we have.
If we don't keep him, I for one will be very worried about the future.

SER8, Finally some common sense prevails. I like your post. All the ill feeling towards Hassler without fundamental basis for it is all based on hearsay.

I still stand by what I said when desgate broke out that I believe Des did not want to truly leave the club however elements within the club pushed him to go in the way he did. I have no reliable source to confirm or deny, only the members of the board and Des can truly answer our questions

There are always two sides to a story and the constant vitriol levelled towards Dessie is now getting tiresome. Lets be grateful of what a sterling job he and the team did in bringing us 2 premierships.

Not once has Tooves come out and spoken badly about Des and not once has any of the players spoken badly about him either. In fact I hear that Des and Tooves are in regular communication and based on that fact I can't believe all the angst and blame levelled towards Des, I may be wrong but I will keep an open mind until I have circumstantial PROOF.

The only fact I can provide you is that if I handed in my resignation tomorrow and I told my employer I was leaving to go to a competitor they would terminate my employment on the spot, one thing is for certain is that I would be calling all my customers before resiging and telling them where I would be going. I would do everything in my power to ensure my new employer would succeede in gaining the contracts of those companies I have dealt with from my former employer.

What Des is doing is nothing different than what happens in the coporate world, it may not be morarally correct but you have to do what is best for yourself.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4