Why this win meant so much:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The best thing about the win was holding the opposition to nil.
Plus the efforts from Whare & Jorge, we uncovered some depth there, which we needed now that Robbo has gone & Farra is out injured...

1947 said:
Ryan, No one here has thought the defence over the last few weeks has been good, in fact we have all said how crap it has been - that was never in dispute. We all were in agreeance.

What has upset some people, is the constant negativity regarding Toovey. Whilst you appear, and have stated that you have an issue or problem with him (and that is your perogative), he is here to stay and the way forward, so prehaps some support and positivity is needed. Toovey is moving in the same direction as the club, which is what we need to continue to be successful in years to come.

Whilst I think Des was clearly a key figure in turning our club around and I am grateful for the 2 premierships he helped us attain -the reality is that he has gone, and the way he departed was far from ethical and professsional IMO. So no, I do not think most fans would want him reinstated, as your previous post mentioned.

Well said. Tooves has a contract for the next couple of years at Manly. He will no doubt make mistakes along the way but he is a quick learner & his passion for Manly is unrivalled.

Swap Tooves for Des? No, thanks!

In the modern game have always recruited coaches from within.Toovey is another and I wouldnt be surprised if he followed in the footsteps of Bozo and Des who are rightly regarded as two of the premier coaches ever.Unlike other clubs we give our own a chance to prove themselves.

I dont know why anyone suggest a potential return of Des Hasler to the club. Its not like there isnt enmity betweem them.

Ryan said:
Yeah, I don't mean it as a good vs. bad thing, just wondering what his role is.

King: Attain metres, aggression, solid defence
Kite: Attain metres, solid defence, SOME second phase play
Watmough: Attain Metres, damaging defence, ball player & runne
Buhrer: Utility, try scorer, metre gainer, consistent defender

that type of thing.

Like, Lussick: drop ball, spill lollies, fumble footy, give away penalty , that type of thing.

1947 said:
Ryan said:
Whilst some may call it pessimism, even that in itself can be looked at either way. My sentiment was that I KNEW our defense could and should be better (isn't that a compliment to the playing roster?).

Last night, we belted the Panthers into submission.

To say last night was never in doubt, after the players we had out, is ridiculous. Would any of you have put your house on the line for it in that instance?

The answer is no, unless of coarse you rent ? Hahahaha

More importantly though, how f**king GREAT is it to debate "footy" though for God's sake with all the other bull**** going on !

Ryan, No one here has thought the defence over the last few weeks has been good, in fact we have all said how crap it has been - that was never in dispute. We all were in agreeance.

What has upset some people, is the constant negativity regarding Toovey. Whilst you appear, and have stated that you have an issue or problem with him (and that is your perogative), he is here to stay and the way forward, so prehaps some support and positivity is needed. Toovey is moving in the same direction as the club, which is what we need to continue to be successful in years to come.

Whilst I think Des was clearly a key figure in turning our club around and I am grateful for the 2 premierships he helped us attain -the reality is that he has gone, and the way he departed was far from ethical and professsional IMO. So no, I do not think most fans would want him reinstated, as your previous post mentioned.

This^

Most on this forum knew our defence wasn't up to scratch. Bagging Tooves was the thing that gets some riled including me. Calling for the dog to come back and basically giving up on the team.

I don't think the dog had this many out through injury and suspension when he was here for so many games. I recall a few games when we were down on troops and did get towelled up. A game against the dragons stands out.

I don't think the dog would of gambled on L Foran last night.

With so many top players on the sidelines it takes a few weeks for the replacements to gel. It's not as if they were given too many starts in the top grade in recent years.

I don't want the dog back at Manly ever again other than as the visiting coach. As far as I'm concerned the dog has knifed the club, fans and players.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4