Why Snake must stay.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BOZO said:
Because he is our X factor !!!

Yep he is the difference between being a top 8 side and a premiership contender.

Really I cant believe what is happening with Glenn. He is still one of the top 10 back rowers in the game.

The Who said:
He also played against the Tigpies in what was our worst performance for three years.... just saying!
The score would have been worse if he didnt play :D

Friday night's track should be hard and fast. We'll see who can still run fast !

Obviously BL & Skivvy but what about amongst the backs ? HorHay, Snake, Killer . . . . . . will be 'veeeewwy interestin'

Now we know how the Knights fans must have felt when the Knights let Matty go, and kept Andrew. I think the only people that are threatening to have Brett leave are the media though. Has Brett's manager said anything directly? Has the club said anything? Has Brett himself said anything??

The media should never be blindly believed on any given subject. They are usually correct only once out of every 10 situations they are "reporting" on. That once is usually after the fact has eventuated and the person involved has publicly announced their decision.

BOZO said:
The Who said:
He also played against the Tigpies in what was our worst performance for three years.... just saying!
The score would have been worse if he didnt play :D

I think the second half capitulation to the Storm was worse than the Tigers loss. To give up a 20-point lead at Brookie and play some really dumb football was worse than being steamrolled at Leichhardt. Stewart had a bad comeback match there but still did some good things defensively and set up the last try.

Wouldn't it be nice to see this from Glenn?

Dear Manly fans

There has been a lot of conjecture about my future at Manly. To clarify the situation and remove all doubt, I can confirm I have yet to receive a satisfactory offer from the club that will guarantee my long term commitment to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

However, I totally understand the complexity the club is facing and I am also realistic that should a satisfactory offer not be tabled, this is not because the club doesn't want to, but is a result of salary cap pressure all clubs face.

I have had a fantastic career with the club and hope it continues. But should I decide to change clubs, I do not expect nor encourage any disruption to the playing roster as it stands. All players are professionals and all realise that the business of rugby league has many twists and turns. Players are contracted in good faith and I for one expect all players to honour those contracts and where appropriate, show loyalty to their clubs when contracts are open for extension.

In the meantime, I plan on working as hard as ever with my team mates and management at the Sea Eagles throughout this season as we battle to win another premiership.

Yours sincerely

Glenn Stewart

Eagles Terrorist said:
Wouldn't it be nice to see this from Glenn?

Dear Manly fans

There has been a lot of conjecture about my future at Manly. To clarify the situation and remove all doubt, I can confirm I have yet to receive a satisfactory offer from the club that will guarantee my long term commitment to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

However, I totally understand the complexity the club is facing and I am also realistic that should a satisfactory offer not be tabled, this is not because the club doesn't want to, but is a result of salary cap pressure all clubs face.

I have had a fantastic career with the club and hope it continues. But should I decide to change clubs, I do not expect nor encourage any disruption to the playing roster as it stands. All players are professionals and all realise that the business of rugby league has many twists and turns. Players are contracted in good faith and I for one expect all players to honour those contracts and where appropriate, show loyalty to their clubs when contracts are open for extension.

In the meantime, I plan on working as hard as ever with my team mates and management at the Sea Eagles throughout this season as we battle to win another premiership.

Yours sincerely

Glenn Stewart

That would be great! The only thing nicer would be if Manly fans would realise and understand this, and stop saying we are being held to ransom by other Manly players greediness and inflated egos. Let the gutter journo's go about there sh1tty business and don't get sucked into the crap they print.

If we could retain everyone and remain a competitive force in the NRL, we would. The important thing is we remain a competitive and uncompromising threat to the comp forever!! The only way to reach that goal is to evolve constantly. Older players will have to leave at some point and young talent must be developed and retained. That's just the way it is.

You can't quantify Snake's value to us, though you can clearly see the difference when he's not there.

It would seem unlikely if Glenn goes Brett goes too, unless there is some such clause in Brett's contract allowing that.

Hopefully, somehow, something can be resolved to keep Gifty too...But that is looking unlikely.

A fit Snake at the back sees us in with a real shot again this season.

Maybe we should look at it from Glenn's point of view. How many years does he have left in the game? Sure he loves Manly, and we love him, but he has to get that nest egg as big as he can before he hangs up the boots.

To stay at Manly for less money is admirable, but not financially smart. He can still command a pretty penny at the moment, why not make the most of it? I don't think any Manly supporters I know would think less of him for doing that. Newcastle fans did not think any less of Ben Kennedy when he joined us. Except of course when he appeared to wind the clock back 10 years and played out of his skin.

mozgrame said:
Maybe we should look at it from Glenn's point of view. How many years does he have left in the game? Sure he loves Manly, and we love him, but he has to get that nest egg as big as he can before he hangs up the boots.

To stay at Manly for less money is admirable, but not financially smart. He can still command a pretty penny at the moment, why not make the most of it? I don't think any Manly supporters I know would think less of him for doing that. Newcastle fans did not think any less of Ben Kennedy when he joined us. Except of course when he appeared to wind the clock back 10 years and played out of his skin.

can't argue with your sentiments, just hope that if that happens he can leave without any drama. i would rather wish him well as opposed to my opinion of hasler when he left.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6