Why is the club not targeting a quality number 9 signing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And herein lies the problem if Baptiste is the pick of that lot, we have to work around Croker, Cust or Foran until Fainu's situation is sorted out.
If Levi was staying he would have wanted around $350k, and with Newcastle not contributing anything it was a no brainer to release him.
So we are at the ransom of Fainu next year why. I don't understand why we have to suffer the talent of other players because of the alleged activities of another player.

see I get that he might be but I also don't understand how hard it is to pass from dummy half. Now I know I am old school and played in the 70's 80's 90's 2000's and even 2010's

@:eek:@:eek:@:eek:

50 years!! You should be the next immortal! Especially now since v'landy wants to make the process easier (prob for dear old sCam).

Thank the Lord we will have Covid to blame for **** crowds and membership for next season. Anyone thinking we are anything above bottom 4 is delusional. We've recruited nothing and what we already had will either be injured or are just total duds. It's laughable to think we'll improve. We are currently a basket case club. On the plus side the media at least laid off our deficiencies this season....next year they wont.

Why don't you go back to your day job of scaring small dogs and little children ...

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
Thank the Lord we will have Covid to blame for **** crowds and membership for next season. Anyone thinking we are anything above bottom 4 is delusional. We've recruited nothing and what we already had will either be injured or are just total duds. It's laughable to think we'll improve. We are currently a basket case club. On the plus side the media at least laid off our deficiencies this season....next year they wont.
It was only 12 months ago, that we were a dubious send-off call from a semi-final. The most hardened sceptic can surely forgive Des for assuming:
1. The game is played according to the same rules the next season without any prior notice during the pre-season (our whole game plan was based on big boppers plowing through through the middle, looking for an offload. In defence, it has always been Des' tactics to give away a penalty if the ruck was being lost),
2. Guys like Elliot, Taufua, Parker, Garrick would perform to the standard they played in 2019,
3. Thompson wouldn't almost kill himself in the off-season, Fainu wouldn't be arrested and stood down, Gosiewski wouldn't have developed a nasty spinal infection, and
4. An unprecedented pandemic wouldn’t have put a halt to the reserve grade competition, thus stunting the much needed development of our talented young guys at such a crucial stage in their progression (this adversely affected our club more than most simply due to the roster Des inherited)

Des is a determined and very clever cookie. I have faith he (just like many others) will have learned from such a torrid season, and prepare our great club accordingly

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8