Why don’t the press give credit to Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good point ... but if we play anything like that every week we won't be under the radar for too long. Incredible performance on Sunday. Parramatta thought they had the "wood" on us given recent performances against them, but our current side looks very balanced with a great forward pack and speedy, skilful backs. Lachlan Croker was a revelation at five-eight ... a younger, bigger version of Blake Green. Our new forward whose name escapes me (starts with T) ... very explosive and powerful. Shaun Lane and Brian Kelly's improvement since last year wonderful. Early days we know and I am trying not to get ahead of myself, but I'm beginning to get excited with the possibilities ahead for our side in 2018! Game against Souths will be interesting though - need to maintain momentum and see if we play anything like we did last Sunday.

Good point ... but if we play anything like that every week we won't be under the radar for too long. Incredible performance on Sunday. Parramatta thought they had the "wood" on us given recent performances against them, but our current side looks very balanced with a great forward pack and speedy, skilful backs. Lachlan Croker was a revelation at five-eight ... a younger, bigger version of Blake Green. Our new forward whose name escapes me (starts with T) ... very explosive and powerful. Shaun Lane and Brian Kelly's improvement since last year wonderful. Early days we know and I am trying not to get ahead of myself, but I'm beginning to get excited with the possibilities ahead for our side in 2018! Game against Souths will be interesting though - need to maintain momentum and see if we play anything like we did last Sunday.

Tanginoa

Croker did a great job but gee I liked it when Hastings came on , darting and probing.

Room in the side for him to at least give Api a break and be a halves / fullback utility.

Which means NO MORE LEWIE!!!

Driving home after the game on MMM all they talked about was Parra so I switched it off and listened to 702. On the 702 they didn’t even mention that Manly played in the news update but told the scores of s few other games.

Manly hates you too

If it helps, I was wearing my Manly Hat around town today and some guy said:

"You must be happy with the result. Me too, I ****ing hate Parra!"

I agreed and said it's important to hate parra from birth, just to save time.

Gives us better premiership odds and gives everyone the impression that we can only win if the other team has a stinker.

That was one thing that really annoyed me about Sunday's game, the odds. We were actually the favourites going in, yet every time we saw Joel Cain on Nein from Thursday until before the game with his SportsBet crap it was all "how are they favourites??" and "don't worry about the odds, Manly are no chance against the Eels".

Just about every television commentator and so-called media expert wrote us off, other than Fatty. Hell, even Tooves picked doesn't-matta by 10 on the Sunday Footy Show (though I am sure he was cheering us home regardless :) ).

No one was giving us any credit whatsoever and they still aren't. Apparent'y we didn't win on Sunday, doesn't-matta lost.

Last edited:
Tanginoa

Croker did a great job but gee I liked it when Hastings came on , darting and probing.

Room in the side for him to at least give Api a break and be a halves / fullback utility.

Which means NO MORE LEWIE!!!
Love the rotation between Croker, Api and Hastings. Each of them brings in something different. Baz produced a coaching masterclass on Sunday, especially given the conditions.

Fact: The conditions were exactly the same for all 34 players on Sunday afternoon. Doesn't-matta didn't play in any hotter conditions than our boys did, we just handled it much better.

Fact: Manly's playing strip was all maroon with bits of white. Doesn't-matta played in a predominantly yellow strip with dark blue shorts. The darker maroon would attract more heat than the yellow.

Did Brad Arthur make a tactical blunder by having his team warm up on the field for 30+ minutes in the heat while Manly warmed up in the much cooler change rooms? Probably because the body language of the Eels from kick off was that they were already spent. But if you are good enough you can overcome adversity. Manly were more than good enough, doesn't-matta weren't. I think we should be given credit for that.

Still, if we can still fly under the radar after thrashing a top 4 touted side by 54-0 then all good. I'd rather they keep writing us off than talking us up.

That was one thing that really annoyed me about Sunday's game, the odds. We were actually the favourites going in, yet every time we saw Joel Cain on Nein from Thursday until before the game with his SportsBet crap it was all "how are they favourites??" and "don't worry about the odds, Manly are no chance against the Eels".

Just about every television commentator and so-called media expert wrote us off, other than Fatty. Hell, even Tooves picked doesn't-matta by 10 on the Sunday Footy Show (though I am sure he was cheering us home regardless :) ).

No one was giving us any credit whatsoever and they still aren't. Apparent'y we didn't win on Sunday, doesn't-matta lost.

Spot on HV8.

Betting odds reflect the weight of money on either team, so clearly the punters out there are more in touch with the game that Joel Cain, and his merry band of experts.

Very similar to Trent turning to ST for the best 17, and Shazam, the rest is history.

Spot on HV8.

Betting odds reflect the weight of money on either team, so clearly the punters out there are more in touch with the game that Joel Cain, and his merry band of experts.

Very similar to Trent turning to ST for the best 17, and Shazam, the rest is history.

The funny thing was that just about everyone was saying that unless Jake and/or Tom took control, we were no hope. Apparently they are the only ones capable in this team, according to the media.

The funny thing was that just about everyone was saying that unless Jake and/or Tom took control, we were no hope. Apparently they are the only ones capable in this team, according to the media.

Speaking of the media...
Head up Arse.jpg

Attachments

• Head up Arse.jpg
    Head up Arse.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1
The more hate against Manly the better - creates that us against them feeling....to have outsiders start to like Manly would be a sign the team is not the dominant threat and that is a negative.
Don't like the NRL taking personal actions against Manly as a brand or using obvious double standards to try to hobble the club, but to the average punter out there hating Manly - it means the club is building for something special so I'm good with it.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8