Why did you become a Manly supporter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't live there any more but grew up on the hill at Brookie. Something happens to you on that hill and it stays with you for life. Being a Manly supporter instils me with pride.

I grew up in the Parramatta area in the 70's when the rivalry was at its fiercest.

Everyone was a Parramatta supporter so I went for the enemy. Plus with players like Eadie, Fulton, Randall, Mooney.....it was just the most awesome team and still is.

The kids used to sing some song dumping on Manly but I had plenty to smile about in 72, 73 and especially in 76 and 78. I hated 82 and 83 but by then it was in my blood. What a great club.

Being forced to be a Bulldogs supporter should be a punishment dished out by the courts. Imagine how bad that would be ? Makes me want to puke.

barrack o barba said:
If you didn't come from the Northern Beaches of Sydney what one thing or moment made you an Eagle ?

One of my brothers is a lifelong Sea Eagle and I guess the 1970s success was his reason .

More to the point - why aren't you a Sea Eagle supporter?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
barrack o barba said:
If you didn't come from the Northern Beaches of Sydney what one thing or moment made you an Eagle ?

One of my brothers is a lifelong Sea Eagle and I guess the 1970s success was his reason .

Deep down he probably is, that's why he's hanging around

Not so dum after all...

The other reason is that there are some agent provocateurs from the esteemed ranks of Manly fans who like to go to the Dogs site to stir (maybe never heard of 'Let sleeping dogs lie'?) but the obvious reason is that it's just best to be here, discussing the classiest and best club of the past 60 odd years. Where else would anyone want to be?

NUA_EAGLE said:
Back in 95 my younger brother started watching ARL games on the tv and he was all about the Raiders and how awesome they were, Well One time I sat down to watch a game with him with Manly playing them .Manly Beat them raiders and I had found my passion. I am from NZ and went to my first game vs Warriors round 1 this year. I havnt missed a manly game on TV for 4 years . One of my main things for next year is to finaly experiance Brookvale oval. Was supposed to go this year but the mrs got pregnant. Ahh well :D

Got to do it mate. Will buy you a beer or 3 when you make it over :)

barrack o barba said:
Stevo said:
barrack o barba said:
Stevo said:
I own an American Bulldog. Most of the time i just want to kick her in the guts.

barrack o barba said:
Agree with you about the eagle the bird but disagree bout a bulldog , many owners will disagree as well , bout 5k a pup now

5K. That's bull****

I saw an Aussie Bulldog the other day and was told it was $2,500 a pup and double for a British Bulldog , will stand corrected

If someone is selling them for that price then good luck to em. If someone is buying them for that price then they are stupid.

British Bulldogs are the more expensive than the American and Aussie Bulldogs. But not by that much. Don't even get me started on French Bulldogs.

Typically British Bulldogs go from $1500 to about $3500

I have a female "Bully" or Johnson bloodline pure bred American Bulldog. She was $1500. The Males in that litter were $2000

Cool , I have a German Shephard , she is the best dog that I have ever had , shes 11 now and could still pull a b double

And you often share a jar of peanut butter

SeaEagleRock8 said:
barrack o barba said:

We grew up in the Bankstown district

I have been supporting Manly since I can remember watching rugby league. I guess there was no doubt as my father is as passionate supporter as you can find. As was my grandfather who lived in the Manly area.

Proud to say that my kids are fourth generation & are as passionate as the rest of the family, one even making the WCC tour earlier this year.

My son was born in Canterbury hospital, he uses that as an excuse to go for the Dogs :(

[grimaces] Neumann!

Bakes kennel legend said:
I was born at Bankstown hospital. Tha Dogs of War always had my heart. BFFB=Bulldogs forever forever billdogs!

BILLDOGS Haha can't even spell your team. You fools don't do yourselves any favoures

Thanks for the offer of 3 beers mal , but if you offered me a brewery I still wouldnt change colours .
Thanks for sharing your stories

Bakes kennel legend said:
I was born at Bankstown hospital. Tha Dogs of War always had my heart. BFFB=Bulldogs forever forever billdogs!

BFFB=Billdogs forever, forever Billdogs. Another Bullgrubs want to be Outlaw Motorcycle Club member. I hope the Billdogs show up to ANZ on friday!

The day Phil Blake came to my school fete and there were hundreds of kids surrounding him complete with autograph books in hand, all too shy to go up to him and ask him for his autograph.. I went up to him after some gentle persuasion from my mum and asked him for his autograph.. he said 'sure' and signed my autograph book, then the hundreds of other kids all followed... was my first ever Manly moment and I remember it like it was yesterday!

[/align]

Born and bred in Mona Vale went to the ole Mona Vale Public school, had John Gibbs as my year 5 teacher (great teacher) & we had frequent visits from Paul Vautin who was the garbage man there at the time. Paul would turn up in the classroom to see Gibsy most days.

Besides that though all my family are Manly fans..

barrack o barba said:
Thanks for the offer of 3 beers mal , but if you offered me a brewery I still wouldnt change colours .
Thanks for sharing your stories

Eh? Don't worry the beers weren't for you. I quoted Nua_Eagle the Manly fan from NZ.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6