Why did we buy Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
I'm sorry but I can't fathom why Dylan Walker, after a failed stint at 5/8 the year before last, is starting in that position when we have acquired Trent Hodgkinson.

What is the value of having Trent on the bench for 70 minutes and wasting Dylan at 5/8?

Is it that Trent is just such a cripple he can't play a lot of minutes?

We would have had more value coming from bubbler boy. I'm amazed we went for Hodkinson. Typical recruitment of picking up the stray cats and dogs..

And good point from @sean john . We have him for another year! Woo hoo!

We would have had more value coming from bubbler boy. I'm amazed we went for Hodkinson. Typical recruitment of picking up the stray cats and dogs..

And good point from @sean john . We have him for another year! Woo hoo!
Honesty session :........... I was one of the ones that thought Hodkinson would be a good signing . I thought we would gain from his experience and good game management
There is hope for the ones that live and learn. Some poor bastards never learn .

Its bloody ridiculous. 20 rounds in and we dont know players best positions. Others have said to give kelly a crack at 5/8. So freaken do it and keep walker in centres. Was a desperation buy and frraken pitiful. Hodko is no bench player that comes on for 15 min. Fmd. Either play him 5/8 or **** him of.

Happy to give Trent a chance play 5/8 but having him on the bench is a waste. Especially when we are bleeding points in the Centres

Also classic error, no g in Hodkinson

Yep. Another **** decision playing him on the bench.

Play him at 7 even if you dont put the 7 on his back. Let him steer the forwards around and kick goals. Let Daly do the playmaking. Walker back to right centre.

Honesty session :........... I was one of the ones that thought Hodkinson would be a good signing . I thought we would gain from his experience and good game management
There is hope for the ones that live and learn. Some poor bastards never learn .
Thanks for being honest @BOZO . You would think that his experience was the stabilising factor we needed, but DCE hasn't really benefited they way we thought. DCE is still trying to do it all and hasn't kicked on in form since Hodkinson arrived. Perhaps he isn't playing to his ability based on specific instructions/ game plan.. who knows for sure. Since we are being honest, I honestly thought that we could have managed to pick up Carney on a one year deal. Despite his past, he had enough ability to be worth the risk. Now we are stuck with crutches for another year. And no long term resolution to our 5/8 problem.

I think with api being injured it changed the plans a bit needing a back up 9 on the bench. His goalkicking keeps him in the squad. Walker is playing well at 6 and is the only half running to the line so we cant move him., and barrett doesnt own the kahunas to replace cherry
So i think its the process of elimination

I was the same @BOZO . Now I see why he was running around for Caringbah (or whatever shiit shire reserve grade team it was). And another year....FMD!

I'm sorry but I can't fathom why Dylan Walker, after a failed stint at 5/8 the year before last, is starting in that position when we have acquired Trent Hodgkinson.

What is the value of having Trent on the bench for 70 minutes and wasting Dylan at 5/8?

Is it that Trent is just such a cripple he can't play a lot of minutes?
Absolute dud signing.

Thanks for being honest @BOZO . You would think that his experience was the stabilising factor we needed, but DCE hasn't really benefited they way we thought. DCE is still trying to do it all and hasn't kicked on in form since Hodkinson arrived. Perhaps he isn't playing to his ability based on specific instructions/ game plan.. who knows for sure. Since we are being honest, I honestly thought that we could have managed to pick up Carney on a one year deal. Despite his past, he had enough ability to be worth the risk. Now we are stuck with crutches for another year. And no long term resolution to our 5/8 problem.
The wooden spooners dumped him to reserve grade and it was a well known fact that his knees were done. But somewhat amazingly... our recruitment team thought it was a good idea to sign him until the end of the 2019 season.

Because the club has lost the plot. Worst thing is he is on the books next year as well. We needed to recruit intelligently given the cap restrictions, yet we just keep digging the hole

I still maintain that Hodkinson was an intelligent recruit given the situation. The problem is we don't have a coach who will use him to the best of his ability.

IMO Hodko should be organising the side from halfback, DCE should be a running 5/8, Walker should be in the centres where he is at his best and Fainu should be an 80 minute player. Having Hodko on the bench for 70 or so minutes each week is a waste. Another brilliant move by our so-called next supercoach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8