Why BK's pass was so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was lucky, last week Turbo knocked out Igor the Manly Mascot :giggle:

I thought it was Igor's girlfriend. Pretty sure the mascot had a bow in it's hair.

THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!! lol

Watching the vid in slow motion really shows how all the Manly team was walking...expect for the centres!

I liked the deception that was involved (which I assume was deliberate). DCE was in the back of the play and seemed to direct BK for a hit-up while he was directing the forwards around him. It drew the roosters defensive line in and opened a huge gap for Walker to exploit.

I would be very interested to know how deliberate this move was... I'm sure it was all planned and worked according to plan haha!

I liked the deception that was involved (which I assume was deliberate). DCE was in the back of the play and seemed to direct BK for a hit-up while he was directing the forwards around him. It drew the roosters defensive line in and opened a huge gap for Walker to exploit.

I would be very interested to know how deliberate this move was... I'm sure it was all planned and worked according to plan haha!
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-for-coach-trent-barrett-20170331-gvbfk0.html

APRIL 1 2017 - 12:52PM
PRINT
Manly Sea Eagles centre Dylan Walker says players needed to turn form around for coach Trent Barrett

Adam Pengilly

In the same week Manly's civil war was cooling with a meeting that became public, a private gathering with perhaps even greater significance was taking place.

There was no struggle for power, just a commitment from a group of under-performing players that they needed to lift their game because they were doing wrong by their coach.

"[Dylan and I] had a quick whisper to each other and we just tried to draw in [Luke] Keary," Kelly said. "We didn't really plan for it, we just looked at each other. It's an instinct thing between me and him.

"Once it sort of left my hands I knew it wasn't going to be an intercept or a forward pass."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-for-coach-trent-barrett-20170331-gvbfk0.html

APRIL 1 2017 - 12:52PM
PRINT
Manly Sea Eagles centre Dylan Walker says players needed to turn form around for coach Trent Barrett

Adam Pengilly

In the same week Manly's civil war was cooling with a meeting that became public, a private gathering with perhaps even greater significance was taking place.

There was no struggle for power, just a commitment from a group of under-performing players that they needed to lift their game because they were doing wrong by their coach.

"[Dylan and I] had a quick whisper to each other and we just tried to draw in [Luke] Keary," Kelly said. "We didn't really plan for it, we just looked at each other. It's an instinct thing between me and him.

"Once it sort of left my hands I knew it wasn't going to be an intercept or a forward pass."

Whilst this is positive that they have this sort of connection already, I kind of wish that it was a designed play as it would mean the coaching staff showed real imagination haha! I guess that was too much to hope for.... Still, bloody good play by those two.

I think it's better that it was spontaneous.

It means that they were reading the opposition and came up with a novel solution on the run :nod:

The first part of the article also shows that Manly stepped up to defend Baz from potential sacking.:clap:

#ManlyUnited

"We went back to the drawing board and said we just have to run hard, tackle hard and simplify little things," Walker said. "It's an attitude thing that has changed."

So that's it! pinching Toovey's game plan was the masterstroke WIBF :clap:
Maybe Tooves should have stayed after all :wait: :think::think::think:

There has to be an investigation!!!

Last edited:
"We went back to the drawing board and said we just have to run hard, tackle hard and simplify little things," Walker said. "It's an attitude thing that has changed."

So that's it! pinching Toovey's game plan was the masterstroke WIBF :clap:
Maybe Tooves should have stayed after all :wait: :think::think::think:

There has to be an investigation!!!
I thought the same when I read that line that said "we just have to run hard, tackle hard and simplify little things".

I thought the same when I read that line that said "we just have to run hard, tackle hard and simplify little things".
Yeah, I am pretty sure it was Twatmough who was quoted as saying that when he bagged the little champion. Works for Twent

I think he's special. That pass wasn't so much set up as just that instinctual thing that happens when you drift across then see a bloke screaming for it. Let's not kid ourselves. Walker created that try by spotting the gap and powering through it. BK3 is no Cliffy but he was good enough to serve it on a platter when his outside man was there.

These two will do me for centres. For a long time.

And if Jorge keeps it up I'll be a bit perplexed. Our wingers are killing it but I really rate Parker and don't want to see him wither on the vine.

Good position to be I. Though I guess.
Without any bias *cough you'd have to say Jorge and Uate are two of the form wingers in the comp atm... They are both absolutely on fire and a massive reason why our go forward has been so good. Really proud and happy for both of them. Parkers young - his time will come but right now I wouldn't swap our current two for anyone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4