Why all the hate for Api

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagerbeaver

Reserve Grader
Yes I understand hes no Cameron Smith, but I think he brings a lot of energy and quite sharp darting out of dummy half. Sure theres room for improvement.. I can see theres a lot of love for Hastings on here, but lets be realistic hes still a youngster with less then 20-30 first grade games under his belt, and I'm curious to see how effective he will be if he had to make 40 odd tackles defending in the middle..

I actually thought we needed Api that final 10, when we were struggling to get out of our own half, he would have taken on the big fellas up the middle, especially with Tom sneaking around the ruck but never getting the ball.

Completely agree. Think he is best as the feisty bench player. Could tear some teams apart if fresh.

Said it before but hastings to start and api to exploit is my preference

Apis passing was poor today, whether it's from fitness or lack of skill I'm not sure. As I always say I love api but Hastings was good when he came on, not enough to dislodge api as starter who has been very good in the opening rounds. He still provided good attack and speed from dummy half and his defence was good just some poor executions. Don't think Hastings should be nine though, a hookers who just passes is a horrible plan.

Hastings to start or API I don't care. Lewis brown to reserves. API gets overdone and comes up with mistakes due to concentration or fatigue.

I have quite liked what Brown had brought this year but to be fair he has only had twenty minutes or so and should be fresh in defence. Hastings can cover a backline injury.

Hastings had plenty of game time today and I'd like to have seen him assert himself more in the game and take the ball to the line, especially when we had some time down their end. He was a bit stand and pass, could be because of lack of game time but I thought he was very generic at dummy half, I'd rather see him in the 6.

Lussick didn't really set the world on fire in reggies either.

We know API can't pass but geez he hits hard under the ribs, he is an impact player and probably better suited to the bench but at the moment he just seems to be one of our few players that can make a big play and lead to us scoring points. But I agree it's bloody annoying watching our momentum stop because a runner has to stop to catch the ball.

When Hastings was on the field he instantly INSTANTLY had players running onto the ball and obviously had some good stuff to say in defence as the players spread out (not compressed), shifted along with the play and actually gained some line-speed. Api makes plenty of tackles, misses plenty/bad reads/slow to move up and CANT PASS THE BALL

Isn't it the halves job to have the defence spread and not compressed? if that's what Hastings was doing then that problem lies elsewhere not at hooker. Hastings can play but he is a 6 not a 9. The 9 is meant to plug holes in the middle and distribute, API does one of his jobs well.

Apis passing was poor today, whether it's from fitness or lack of skill I'm not sure. As I always say I love api but Hastings was good when he came on, not enough to dislodge api as starter who has been very good in the opening rounds. He still provided good attack and speed from dummy half and his defence was good just some poor executions. Don't think Hastings should be nine though, a hookers who just passes is a horrible plan.

Funny, a hooker who just passed served us very well in 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2013....

Api does a lot of great things at hooker. Hi work rate, always tops the tackles, aggressive and tough and draws in opposition defenders he just at times lacks that crisp pass out in front of dce or green. So fustrating. I would give hastings even more game time. He has a lovely pass on him in both directions and can organise plus a good kick as well as an 80% goal kicker. Wouldn't see him as an 80 min hooker, but deserves more game time.

Api does a lot of great things at hooker. Hi work rate, always tops the tackles, aggressive and tough and draws in opposition defenders he just at times lacks that crisp pass out in front of dce or green. So fustrating. I would give hastings even more game time. He has a lovely pass on him in both directions and can organise plus a good kick as well as an 80% goal kicker. Wouldn't see him as an 80 min hooker, but deserves more game time.

Sorry mate, but Api rarely tops the tackle count. He has 22 I think tonight. I agree that Api does a lot of good things, the issue is he can't do the one job the hooker needs to do, accurately pass the ball following the play the ball.

Yes I understand hes no Cameron Smith, but I think he brings a lot of energy and quite sharp darting out of dummy half. Sure theres room for improvement.. I can see theres a lot of love for Hastings on here, but lets be realistic hes still a youngster with less then 20-30 first grade games under his belt, and I'm curious to see how effective he will be if he had to make 40 odd tackles defending in the middle..
Because API is simply a crap hooker. Can't pass for his life.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4