Who's heaviest hitter of NRL era - Morley, Matai, SBW, Taufua, Radley, Plum, Burgess?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All these heavy hitters and you know what?

I'd still run at any of them before I'd run at Jake Trbojevic.
This is a good way to think about it - who would I be most scared of running at?

For me the answer is Morley, but only because I’d be scared he’d knock my head off. If I knew the tackle has to be legal it’d be Matai.

I wouldn’t be worried about Jake. He’s realise pretty quickly that I’m not a threat and he’s a nice bloke so he’d put me down gently…

This is a good way to think about it - who would I be most scared of running at?

For me the answer is Morley, but only because I’d be scared he’d knock my head off. If I knew the tackle has to be legal it’d be Matai.

I wouldn’t be worried about Jake. He’s realise pretty quickly that I’m not a threat and he’s a nice bloke so he’d put me down gently…

Jake is the type of guy who'd apologize if he hurt you too much in a tackle, before running off to tackle the next poor sod in an opposition jumper.

I think Morely unintentionally screwed Great Britain in the 2003 Ashes. When he clocked Robbie Kearns and got sent off 12 seconds into the first test, he not only left his team mates a man short in that game, but he also got suspended from the 2nd test. We won that series 3-0, but each test was won by a converted try or less and each time we had to win from behind. If Adrian Morley had not been sent and subsequently suspended ... who knows what might have happened??

Last edited:
maybe my memory eludes me, but i remember tooves as a great defender....
not so much as a big hitter in comparison to blokes like matai
From my memory Tooves was a sledge hammer and the bigger the mother fckers were the harder they fell .
I remember seeing Toovey pick up giants Paul Harrogan and Mal Maninga and dump them like big bags of sht

The Diminutive and Dynamite Tooves had Atom Ant strength and superb timing

Big does not mean or always convert to Super Strength or Big Hearted
Fun Facts
Ants are superhuman in terms of strength. They have incredible strength. They can hold anywhere from 50 to 5.000 times their own bodyweight (the quantity an ant can carry varies according to species). The necks of ants contain muscles that are several orders of magnitude stronger than those in humans.

See the source image

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4