Who's going up ... who's coming down.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dogs heading up based on a big signing spree and bright new coach.
Something struck me as odd in this story though.
The signing has been reported in several places but none that I've seen mention $
Every other time a name player signs a new deal the alleged dollar amount is front and centre.
Burton would not have come cheap.
The Bulldogs have not had a decent playing Roster since Des messed up their cap

They are now Building up BIG

OK I've decided I am still claiming that game because How Good was that long break that ended up with Bullemor rampaging away! We definitely won the Showpiece contest. Their tries came from sustained pressure and boring things like that, we used Artistry. Come on Manly 2023!
We had enough of nightmare thrashing in 2022
and they all started as early as round one
In one of the nightmare tries Crichton makes Parker totally Insignificant

We are going up, that’s for sure. Not worried about any other club..
We are not giving up
Because when we hit rock bottom
The only way is up
doing the Eagle Rock !

Hey-ey-ey
Good old Eagle Rock is here to stay
I'm just crazy 'bout the way we move up the Premiership ladder
Doin' the Eagle Rock
2df7d5187e66b77ab197d841910fef9f.jpg

OK I've decided I am still claiming that game because How Good was that long break that ended up with Bullemor rampaging away! We definitely won the Showpiece contest. Their tries came from sustained pressure and boring things like that, we used Artistry. Come on Manly 2023!
That was a good long break that ended in a great try indeed

But we were not resilient enough to sustain the Penrith Pressure and Prevail

We need to be more resilient this year and rise like Premiership winning eagles

I think the top 8 will be the following.

1) Penrith
2) Storm
3) Rabbits
4) Sharks
5) Rorters
6) Cowboys
7) Eels
8) Bulldogs

I think the top 8 will be the following.

1) Penrith
2) Storm
3) Rabbits
4) Sharks
5) Rorters
6) Cowboys
7) Eels
8) Bulldogs
The competition is tight and we need to soar high like real Sea eagles to make the 8

I believe we have the playing squad to rise

I hope Seibold does not under achieve

It's difficult to make predictions two months before the season starts, but I think the Eels, Cowboys & Sharks are likely to slide out of the top four this year.

It's difficult to make predictions two months before the season starts, but I think the Eels, Cowboys & Sharks are likely to slide out of the top four this year.
If those teams slide out of the top 4 then all 3 will make the bottom of the 8 which makes it even harder for Manly to make the 8 unless another 2021 Turbo blitz.

If those teams slide out of the top 4 then all 3 will make the bottom of the 8 which makes it even harder for Manly to make the 8 unless another 2021 Turbo blitz.
It would be to the delight of all Manly fans if the Eels slithered right out of the eight, with their place taken by the Sea Eagles :)

Last edited:
It would be to the delight of all Manly fans if the Eels slithered right out of the eight, with their place taken by the Sea Eagles :)
It would be nice but In reality the Eels have better depth than Manly. I don't expect Eels to be in the top 4 with the players that have moved on but alot depends on Hodgson at 9 and if he can stay on the field.

It would be nice but In reality the Eels have better depth than Manly.
I think the Eels have a similar roster to us, but they have a more powerful front row. They did have a very good spine, but have lost Mahoney. As you say, it depends on how Hodgson goes this year. They have lost Papali'i, their best forward, plus Oregon Kaufusi & Nathan Brown (?). With both teams at full strength, I predict the Sea Eagles will finish ahead of the Eels - as we did in 2021. We have some good young players waiting in the wings, so I'm not concerned about depth in 2023.

Eels 2023 Squad

Our pack needs to step up. We really need a hard tough front rower that’s puts fear into the opposition. To be a top 4 side you need a tough nasty mobile pack that wins the middle.

I think the Eels have a similar roster to us, but they have a more powerful front row. They did have a very good spine, but have lost Mahoney. As you say, it depends on how Hodgson goes this year. They have lost Papali'i, their best forward, plus Oregon Kaufusi & Nathan Brown (?). With both teams at full strength, I predict the Sea Eagles will finish ahead of the Eels - as we did in 2021. We have some good young players waiting in the wings, so I'm not concerned about depth in 2023.

Eels 2023 Squad
I hope Manly do finish in front of the Eels but it all depends on our forwards and the biggest concern the last 3 years that being our hooker.

Apart from pure blind optimism and hope, I don't get where the belief that we'll improve comes from? We've lost a few players, recruited absolutely no one so basically we have the same duds that did nothing last last year. Our depth is zero and as long as we have no decent 9 and the softest forward pack in the comp we ain't going anywhere. Disappointed we haven't been more active in the player market this off season to fill some of the clear gaps this squad has. We'll finish 10 to 14.

Just had a squiz at the opposition lineups, I think in terms of forwards our fate is largely in our own hands.
Chooks look strong on paper but their main man JWH is a year older. Radley may get knocked out and Smith may enjoy the Sydney lifestyle too much.
Other than that, Cows, Panthers, Storm & Bunnies still look strong, but none seem to have improved, in fact possibly all a little weaker than last year. We need Alaoi and Paseka to remain fit for most games - which so far they haven't been able to do - and if so we should be right there or thereabouts.

I think we are in for a really interesting season with many teams outside the 8 strengthening and some holes popping up at top 8 sides.

I genuinely think 13 teams have legitimate top 8 aspirations

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4