Who would you offer a new contract to?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who out of these players would you extend at the club?

• Garrick

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Walker

Votes: 36 29.8%
  • Croker

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Saddler

Votes: 98 81.0%
  • Sironen

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Boyle

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Funa

Votes: 63 52.1%
  • JetSki

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Parker

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Sipley

Votes: 80 66.1%
  • Taufua

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Sione Fainu

Votes: 90 74.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Can't cast out all the experience so I voted Walker as the best of a bad (performing) bunch.

Jorge gets no love I notice, and I understand why, but he brings 2 things the team lacks -
(1) Super aggressive defence plays that has players looking up at him rather than at the ball (who else is putting on hits that sends any message to the opposition?)
(2) Meters on kick returns, where we are noticeably weak.

It's just a pity that there are too many other liabilities in his game for the 'new' NRL today. Still think he will figure in our team at some stage this year when he returns from fitness. Will he nail it? hmmmm.

For the record:

I'd shop Tom Trbojevic (replaced by Nicho Hynes)
I'd shop Moses Suli (replaced by Staggs)
I'd player swap DCE for Staggs (see above)
I'd shop Taupau (replace with off contract forward)
Acquire Adam Reynolds (not happy with current negot.)
Acquire Daniel Tupou (off contract)
Acquire Nathan Brown
Released: Sironen, Taufua, DCE, T. Trbojevic, Foran, Garrick, Taupau, Croker, Boyle, Funa, Gosiewski, Sipley

My team next year:

01. Nicho Hynes
02. Jason Saab
03. Katoni Staggs
04. Dylan Walker
05. Daniel Tupou
06. Josh Schuster
07. Adam Reynolds
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Andrew Davey
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Nathan Brown

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie

We'd then have a mile of cap space to fill that last place with a marquee player.

Can't cast out all the experience so I voted Walker as the best of a bad (performing) bunch.

Jorge gets no love I notice, and I understand why, but he brings 2 things the team lacks -
(1) Super aggressive defence plays that has players looking up at him rather than at the ball (who else is putting on hits that sends any message to the opposition?)
(2) Meters on kick returns, where we are noticeably weak.

It's just a pity that there are too many other liabilities in his game for the 'new' NRL today. Still think he will figure in our team at some stage this year when he returns from fitness. Will he nail it? hmmmm.

Last year aside.

Manly seemed to do a whole lot better when jorge played.

He is contracted so i hope we get to see more. Been a great servant of the club and deserves to go out on a high note

Big fan even though he has some issues under the high ball

For the record:

Acquire Nathan Brown
Released: Sironen, Taufua, DCE, T. Trbojevic, Foran, Garrick, Taupau, Croker, Boyle, Funa, Gosiewski, Sipley

My team next year:

01. Nicho Hynes
02. Jason Saab
03. Katoni Staggs
04. Dylan Walker
05. Daniel Tupou
06. Josh Schuster
07. Adam Reynolds
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Andrew Davey
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Nathan Brown

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie

We'd then have a mile of cap space to fill that last place with a marquee player.
Love it! How good does that backline look. Never happen but gee it would be good.

A massive clean out is exactly what we need to fix our cap problems..

Last year aside.

Manly seemed to do a whole lot better when jorge played.

He is contracted so i hope we get to see more. Been a great servant of the club and deserves to go out on a high note

Big fan even though he has some issues under the high ball
I'd sub him in for Garrick based on the Trial/1st round in a heartbeat. Not sold on Saab yet either, but he didn't see as much action on the weekend being on the RHS.

You articulated what I didn't really well JB - Jorge is a player that fires up his team mates when he does his timeless hits. Those plays that fire up the team have been few and far between this year and last - but look how many he landed in 2019, and the response was a much better performing team. Just a thought.

For the record:

Acquire Nathan Brown

My team next year:

01. Nicho Hynes
02. Jason Saab
03. Katoni Staggs
04. Dylan Walker
05. Daniel Tupou
06. Josh Schuster
07. Adam Reynolds
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Andrew Davey
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Nathan Brown

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie

Not sure about Hynes at fullback but like your overall strategy. This looks like a quicker stronger team than what we have a present.

Much MUCH more balanced, and cap friendly.
Is it though?

I mean Turbo, DCE, Suli and Taupau who you want to drop are all under contract so you'd have to hope someone would take them at full freight and pay the difference if they don't.

So if the Bronco take DCE at 1mil we still have 200k to pick up.

With Turbos current injury problems will someone pay 1.1?

Then Reynolds would have to be 700-800k in this market. Staggs reportedly after 800k.

Tupou you'd have to pay overs for for him to leave the Roosters where he could win a few more titles.

Parra have offered Brown 600k I believe.

Hynes I grant you would be a decent saving and in the games I've seen he has shown some spark but boy I'm not convinced he could get anywhere near Teddy, Turbo, Papy, RTS and Ponga level.

Basically fantasy football manager is fun but it is just that, fantasy

Hahaha everyone is on the same page.. except for Sipley i don't see why people want him, never impressed me ever. The rest can get gone especially Parker Boyle croker garrick and Slowfua
FYI....Sipley was in great form & one of our best forwards for the first few rounds of 2020 before Covid hit! On resumption he was not seen again. Not sure why, yet the times he’s played first grade he’s been very good.

FYI....Sipley was in great form & one of our best forwards for the first few rounds of 2020 before Covid hit! On resumption he was not seen again. Not sure why, yet the times he’s played first grade he’s been very good.
Sorry mate but Toff didnt play first grade at all last year.

Was coming back off that injury in 19 where he was in good form before it.

Played 4 first grade games in 2018 and 10 in 2019. None since

Sorry mate but Toff didnt play first grade at all last year.

Was coming back off that injury in 19 where he was in good form before it.

Played 4 first grade games in 2018 and 10 in 2019. None since
Ahhh my bad mate.....

Sipley the big unit is incredibly mobile with a large motor. Good late foot work and constantly bends the line. To be honest I hope he leaves because he deserves to be playing 1st grade and not sitting in reggies. What a waste of an imposing figure in our jumper. For mine the selection of Keppie and Boyle in front of him is a joke.

Is it though?

I mean Turbo, DCE, Suli and Taupau who you want to drop are all under contract so you'd have to hope someone would take them at full freight and pay the difference if they don't.

So if the Bronco take DCE at 1mil we still have 200k to pick up.

With Turbos current injury problems will someone pay 1.1?

Then Reynolds would have to be 700-800k in this market. Staggs reportedly after 800k.

Tupou you'd have to pay overs for for him to leave the Roosters where he could win a few more titles.

Parra have offered Brown 600k I believe.

Hynes I grant you would be a decent saving and in the games I've seen he has shown some spark but boy I'm not convinced he could get anywhere near Teddy, Turbo, Papy, RTS and Ponga level.

Basically fantasy football manager is fun but it is just that, fantasy

Reynolds, Brown, Tupou, Staggs & Hynes ate the players I have to accommodate cap wise. Let's break it down with YOUR estimates (and those from zero tackle) :

Ins
Reynolds ($800k)
Brown ($700k)
Staggs ($800k)
Tupou
Hynes
TOTAL: $2,300,000

Outs
DCE ($1.3M) - Walters would take him in a heartbeat - his origin coach
Turbo ($1.1M) - Dogs for example would take him in a heartbeat
Suli ($550k) - Dragons were going to pay MORE for him
Taupau ($600k - my estimate) - a number of clubs would want him
Sironen ($500k - my estimate) - off contract
Taufua ($250k - my estimate) - off contract
Foran ($350k - my estimate) - off contract
Garrick ($150k - my estimate) - off contract
Croker ($100k - my estimate) - off contract
Funa ($100k - my estimate) - off contract
Boyle ($150k - my estimate) - off contract
TOTAL: $5,150,000

That leaves 2.85M, for Tupou and Hynes. I also think my numbers have been SUPER conservative to help your argument. You're then going to claim we need back-up players. I'm thinking guys like:

Morgan Harper, Cade Cust, Ben Trbojevic, Christian Tuipulotu, Tolutau Koula, Zac Saddler, Sione Fainu, Kaeo Weekes, Alec Tuitavake & other pick-ups.

Easily done. As I stated, more balanced and spread.

Reynolds, Brown, Tupou, Staggs & Hynes ate the players I have to accommodate cap wise. Let's break it down with YOUR estimates (and those from zero tackle) :

Ins
Reynolds ($800k)
Brown ($700k)
Staggs ($800k)
Tupou
Hynes
TOTAL: $2,300,000

Outs
DCE ($1.3M) - Walters would take him in a heartbeat - his origin coach
Turbo ($1.1M) - Dogs for example would take him in a heartbeat
Suli ($550k) - Dragons were going to pay MORE for him
Taupau ($600k - my estimate) - a number of clubs would want him
Sironen ($500k - my estimate) - off contract
Taufua ($250k - my estimate) - off contract
Foran ($350k - my estimate) - off contract
Garrick ($150k - my estimate) - off contract
Croker ($100k - my estimate) - off contract
Funa ($100k - my estimate) - off contract
Boyle ($150k - my estimate) - off contract
TOTAL: $5,150,000

That leaves 2.85M, for Tupou and Hynes. I also think my numbers have been SUPER conservative to help your argument. You're then going to claim we need back-up players. I'm thinking guys like:

Morgan Harper, Cade Cust, Ben Trbojevic, Christian Tuipulotu, Tolutau Koula, Zac Saddler, Sione Fainu, Kaeo Weekes, Alec Tuitavake & other pick-ups.

Easily done. As I stated, more balanced and spread.

Pretty sure jorge and DCE would only ones being eligible for long serving allowance which is 250 k.

Dont get me wrong im no DCE fan but that would go

Just adding. I think jorge currently chews into that

Whether clubs would want a player and whether they can afford a player within there cap are two different things.

You mention the Bulldogs but they just signed Cotric, Allen, Flanagan, Addo Carr and Burton. Would they want him, sure, do they have a spare 1.1mil in the cap....I'd be surprised

Look I get what you are saying, you want to reshape the squad and you like the look of the team you have put together (personally it is not for me but that is neither here nor there)

My point is, it wont happen and there are too many moving parts, the change you are talking about takes time.

If you can give me an example away from the superleague war when a team was able to succefully offload most of their highest earning stars and replace them with multiple high earning stars in one off season (the equivalent of what you are spruiking) then I'll concede.

I'm surprised Walker got so many votes..
I really rated him as a centre.. but I havnt seen him play centre for about 5 years..
He's an average at best 6
He's not a fullback...
And he's Always either off hurt or suspended for being a d!khead..

Ide rather put his money into a world class centre
I’d resign him but only for very very cheap (which is all we’d offer him anyways). He’s seemed to have a little more desire in his first few games of 2021. Need to see a few games back @ centre before i’d be sure though.

Other than Walks I voted Saddler, Sione Fainu and Tee Sipley

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10