Who will start at 5/8 - Schuster or Foran ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just re-read the title of this thread @maxta ... and whilst I am certain 98.723% of Silvertails believe it will be one of Foran or Schuster .... I have enough experience of Dessie to suggest that picking either Walker, Cust or Croker are also not out of the equation ... maybe you could place odds ...

Yeah that's the consensus. Unless something changes over the off-season, Saab is getting first crack but Tuipulotu will no doubt get an opportunity at some stage through injury/Origin. For example, Tom plays Origin, Garrick moves to 1 (hold your breath) and Tui to comes onto a wing.

I think the fact that we signed Tui for 4 years speaks volumes to his potential.
I'd much prefer Funa to fullback, I couldn't handle watching Garrick back there ever again, it was painful

Seriously, do you even support the club? What a ridiculous thing to say.

Yes question my support because I see no value in a dud signing. What's ridiculous is people thinking this guy will lead us to the promised land.
He is yesterdays man and I will shed not one tear when he is injured again as we all know will happen.
Rather than ask me if I'm a supporter you should look in the mirror or have you just conveniently forgotten how he left us.

Either way please yourself but drop this "do you even support the club" when someone posts something you don't like.

Yes question my support because I see no value in a dud signing. What's ridiculous is people thinking this guy will lead us to the promised land.
He is yesterdays man and I will shed not one tear when he is injured again as we all know will happen.
Rather than ask me if I'm a supporter you should look in the mirror or have you just conveniently forgotten how he left us.

Either way please yourself but drop this "do you even support the club" when someone posts something you don't like.
A dud signing... or a dud supporter?

I question it because every post is angry, aggressive, abusive or negative. You can’t deny this jigzkiller; it is no way to be. Passion is good, but it shouldn’t be exclusively angry mate.

I know how Foran left us, but I believe in forgiveness. I certainly don’t go around wishing harm on people because they did something I don’t like.

Jake prop, schuster lock, Foran 5/8. Play schuster one side Foran the other and hve cherry in the middle.
I'd rate this but in a rotation.

I guess what was great about Blake Green was having the consistency of a 6 always with him.

Although we would forego that, I would love to see a rotation as is follows:

0-25min: Five-Eighth: Foran, Hooker: Cust, Bench: Schuster
25-40min: Five-Eighth: Foran, Hooker: Cust, Lock: Schuster, Jake to Prop/Rest
40-60min: Five-Eighth: Schuster, Hooker: Cust, Jake back to Lock, Foran off
60-80min: Five-Eighth: Schuster, Hooker: Foran, Cust Off

Cust: 60min
Foran: 60min
Schuster: 55min

Des will ease Schuster in. Would be awesome if something like this happened though so Schuster is still getting heaps of game time. Save him for the first 25 minutes when big hits are on and let him go as the forwards tire.

Lets hope Jake can play 65-70mins rather than 80min. He is gassed when playing the full 80 (every week) and having Schuster take him off for say 10 mins could be great. Let him have a breather at the 20/25 minute mark, Schuster to lock, then at the 30ish mark come back on as a Prop and keep Schuster at lock until half time.

I understand not wanting to wish injuries on people but if Foran getting a season ending injury meant we actually kept Schuster in our squad that would be the far better option long term. Foran doesn't have much left in him, Schuster has his whole career ahead of him and is clearly a special talent.

Have to consider that Josh [ unless he has really upped his skill there ] does not really have, a good tactical or all round kicking game . Foran certainly does and again to take into account , Josh has played a good part of his junior footy as a back rower , even centre . Would also [ as with others ] not rule out a 13 role for him but again with such a current stockpile of fairly well credential props , Jake seems likely to stay there [ at 13 ] . Foran to start at 6 but so many other scenarios possible as next season progresses

Have to consider that Josh [ unless he has really upped his skill there ] does not really have, a good tactical or all round kicking game . Foran certainly does and again to take into account , Josh has played a good part of his junior footy as a back rower , even centre . Would also [ as with others ] not rule out a 13 role for him but again with such a current stockpile of fairly well credential props , Jake seems likely to stay there [ at 13 ] . Foran to start at 6 but so many other scenarios possible as next season progresses
Exactly!!!! Probably the same people demanding Hoppa get a start last year are the same people demanding Schuster to start at 6. If both fit then you'd have to go Foz at 6. Schuster looks as good as any kid I've seen in a long time BUT to be thrown in at starting 6 and expecting to manage a game, get repeat sets and take the right options is a big ask for a 1 game rookie. In his first game 3 of his kicks were absolute shockers, if Croker did those kicks everyone would be calling for his head! Prople got caught up in a fantasy not reality.

Exactly!!!! Probably the same people demanding Hoppa get a start last year are the same people demanding Schuster to start at 6. If both fit then you'd have to go Foz at 6. Schuster looks as good as any kid I've seen in a long time BUT to be thrown in at starting 6 and expecting to manage a game, get repeat sets and take the right options is a big ask for a 1 game rookie. In his first game 3 of his kicks were absolute shockers, if Croker did those kicks everyone would be calling for his head! Prople got caught up in a fantasy not reality.
Great post. I'm sure Josh is aware of his future at the club and will play a much larger role this coming season.

Well said ... and we have seen with players like Moses, Brooks, Keary, Cleary and many others, even boon star play makers struggle to become consistent for several seasons ... Matty Johns in one of his podcasts said it takes at least 30 games for them to work out what works for them .. what their real game is ...

Talent is there to be nurtured and developed ... and working a year with Foran ain't gonna hurt the kid .... and I don't believe he is that precious that he will even think about leaving ...

PSS .. besides ... somebody needs to be there to yell out .. "DON"T THROW NO LOOK PASSES YOU NUMBNUT!!!! ..."

Have to admit that i got caught up in the hype on fast tracking Albert into the Manly game day squad , Even allowing for his injury set backs , his junior rep form seemed i st class , some of his future i st grade team mates thought that he was a young gun in the making but alas of course , really struggled to make the transition . Josh however seems a natural to compete at a higher level and does not seem overawed in the slightest Really hope that he can become a Manly long termer and a great but totally agree , probably needs just a bit more experience and top grade level footy to be a complete i st grade footy player as a 6 [ but almost there all things normal ]

Think it be fair to say Foran’s signing is more to do with gate takings, membership and marketing than it is trophies.

Still I’m happy he’s back and hope he has great influence on and off the field.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4