Who will start at 5/8 - Schuster or Foran ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No need to ponder this question any further as the 'experts' at Fox Sports have selected Manly's starting seventeen for 2021 - minus Schuster :think:

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Moses Suli
4 Dylan Walker
5 Reuben Garrick
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Martin Taupau
9 Lachlan Croker
10 Toafofoa Sipley
11 Curtis Sironen
12 Jack Gosiewski
13 Jake Trbojevic
14 Cade Cust
15 Morgan Boyle
16 Sean Keppie
17 Taniela Paseka

No need to ponder this question any further as the 'experts' at Fox Sports have selected Manly's starting seventeen for 2021 - minus Schuster :think:

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Moses Suli
4 Dylan Walker
5 Reuben Garrick
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Martin Taupau
9 Lachlan Croker
10 Toafofoa Sipley
11 Curtis Sironen
12 Jack Gosiewski
13 Jake Trbojevic
14 Cade Cust
15 Morgan Boyle
16 Sean Keppie
17 Taniela Paseka

Think that Cust can get better and manage the 9 role but not sure how much better . Club seems intent for what ever reason to stay with the status quo and not seek out another 9 and really doubt if Foran will be a first choice 9 let alone even filling in there , At least Schuster can play 6 , 13 or back row if Foran is the preferred starting 6 [ at least initially ]

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Moses Suli
4 Dylan Walker
5 Reuben Garrick
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Martin Taupau
9 Lachlan Croker
10 Toafofoa Sipley
11 Curtis Sironen
12 Jack Gosiewski
13 Jake Trbojevic
14 Cade Cust
15 Morgan Boyle
16 Sean Keppie
17 Taniela Paseka

We all know the definition of an expert don't we

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Moses Suli
4 Dylan Walker
5 Reuben Garrick
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Martin Taupau
9 Lachlan Croker
10 Toafofoa Sipley
11 Curtis Sironen
12 Jack Gosiewski
13 Jake Trbojevic
14 Cade Cust
15 Morgan Boyle
16 Sean Keppie
17 Taniela Paseka

I would've thought Jorge would still be out for a while, wasn't it an Achilles that he did?

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Moses Suli
4 Dylan Walker
5 Reuben Garrick
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Martin Taupau
9 Lachlan Croker
10 Toafofoa Sipley
11 Curtis Sironen
12 Jack Gosiewski
13 Jake Trbojevic
14 Cade Cust
15 Morgan Boyle
16 Sean Keppie
17 Taniela Paseka

Ridiculous team ,my 11 year old knows that some of those players won’t be fit for the start and others should never be mentioned in a 1st grade team list ever again
Do t they do any research bloody morans !!!!

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Moses Suli
4 Dylan Walker
5 Reuben Garrick
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Martin Taupau
9 Lachlan Croker
10 Toafofoa Sipley
11 Curtis Sironen
12 Jack Gosiewski
13 Jake Trbojevic
14 Cade Cust
15 Morgan Boyle
16 Sean Keppie
17 Taniela Paseka

Fair dinkum. Paseka has a break out year and yet the bloke who couldn't get a start all year is in the No.10 jersey!

Not Jude....(yet)

But I'm posting this here.

Gibbs jnr makes mark
Many remember Dr Nathan Gibbs as a dynamic back-rower for Souths and Parramatta.
Well, Nathan’s son is set to make his mark with Manly, where Nathan is the club doctor.
Jude Gibbs, a skilful five-eighth, has been signed by the Sea Eagles.

Little snippet from Weidler’s article this morning:

Lock and key​

The old firm is very much back together at Manly. The lockers of skipper Daly Cherry-Evans and returning star Kieran Foran are next to each other. Youngster Josh Schuster has been told he is going to be the team’s No.6, so you have to think the locker placements are related to the pair being mates. At least that’s what Schuster would hope. His parents have already met with Manly to get assurances about his status at the club.

Lock and key​

The old firm is very much back together at Manly. The lockers of skipper Daly Cherry-Evans and returning star Kieran Foran are next to each other. Youngster Josh Schuster has been told he is going to be the team’s No.6, so you have to think the locker placements are related to the pair being mates. At least that’s what Schuster would hope. His parents have already met with Manly to get assurances about his status at the club.
Yep and Foran at 14

Lock and key​

So maybe Des was telling the truth when he said Foz was bought as a 9 and gives us utility value. If this is true then Foran simply looks like a Levi replacement that is purely cover while Fainu is out.
I've been thinking about this... IF Fainu was free to play, would we have bought Foran? I'd have to say no! So Foran is purely a fill in for Fainu. Peter Wallace became a better 9 than he was a half and his success was immediate.

Weirlder knows nothing.

Foran will be our 6.

Schuster is going to be the utility on the bench to start the season.

Also, Jorge will miss the early stages of the year through injury so Saab is front runner for vacant wing position.
Where do they see Tuipulotu? Is he looked as a centre/ winger? I reckon he could be one of our 1st picked by mid season

Where do they see Tuipulotu? Is he looked as a centre/ winger? I reckon he could be one of our 1st picked by mid season
Yeah that's the consensus. Unless something changes over the off-season, Saab is getting first crack but Tuipulotu will no doubt get an opportunity at some stage through injury/Origin. For example, Tom plays Origin, Garrick moves to 1 (hold your breath) and Tui to comes onto a wing.

I think the fact that we signed Tui for 4 years speaks volumes to his potential.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4